PDA

View Full Version : Looking for prayers and pixie dust and more !

pogo
02-19-2008, 04:20 PM
I've been around Intercot now for a couple of years and I've shared my Disney addiction in an open manner. Now, I'm looking for some help from you all.

My DW's best friend Kathy has been diagnosed with Cancer. Small cell carcinoma in her lungs, to be exact and we just found out that it has spread to her liver and into her bones. I'm afraid she will not be with us long.

She is starting Chemo tomorrow and the plan is to go for six sessions and they will test to check to see if there is any effect. If so, they will do six more sessions and combine that with radiation therapy.

We've seen miracles before, but this does not look good at all. My experience working Health, Life and Cancer Insurance tells me the odds are against her. This is a nasty, nasty disease !

In the title, I've asked for prayers, :pixie: and "more" and I'm hoping you will help out with all three.

The prayers and :pixie: are easy.

When you finish reading this, take some private time for prayer.

Then send as much :pixie: for Kathy as you can afford to lose.

And then the "more"........ tell everyone you care about how much you love them and don't ever let the "small stuff" bother you ever again.

Live each day as if it is your last and remember, "pogo" loves you all. God bless.:(

merlinmagic4
02-19-2008, 04:22 PM
All my :pixie: is going out to your friend. I am so sorry. I am one of those people who has learned the hard way to never take one day for granted. Keep us updated.

Tink&Goofy
02-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Pogo, I most definitely will say a prayer for Kathy! Don't underestimate the power of prayer - it can do amazing things.

MsMin
02-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Sending up prayers and :pixie: for Kathy. I save the "good" stuff for the special people like you on intercot ;) I'm sure she is surrounded by love to bring her comfort at this difficult time. Never give up hope. :pixie:

princessgirls
02-19-2008, 05:06 PM
I am praying for Kathy. What a terrible load for her and her family.

Every day that you wake up healthy is a gift.

May God bless Kathy and her family with strength and healing. May he guide the doctors as they treat her.

Julie

laprana
02-19-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm so sorry your friend and you are going through this. Lots and lots of prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie: coming your way and hers! Never lose faith...miracles happen every day and I'll pray that God sends one to your friend!

RedSoxFan
02-19-2008, 05:41 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:Sending lots of pixie dust and prayers for Kathy. God Bless.

trennedy
02-19-2008, 06:27 PM
I send Kathy many prayers and much :pixie::pixie::pixie:.

I have been with my dear friend as she went thru cancer treatment. She has had wonderful results. Prayer is so powerful!!

murphy1
02-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Oh, no! I'm so sorry!! I hate cancer!!!! I know how the numbers can seem, but don't ever give up! Look at all our friends here like John-100percent,Elenita, Donna ( I even dodged the bullet and plan to on my next thyroid scans) who are walking proof of that! She is so blessed to have you and Patty there for her. My son's friend Dutch went through two rounds and is responding well.

princessjojo
02-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Cancer can be a real monster, but hope and prayers are one thing that can beat that monster. When you believe in prayer and pray with all your heart, anything can happen. Today I read something that is very appropriate for this:

"The Will of God will not take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

I will definitely include your friend Kathy in my prayers this evening. And I have :pixie::pixie::pixie: to spare as well.

BronxTigger
02-19-2008, 07:31 PM
"The Will of God will not take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

I just saw this quote too! It's comforting.

Pogo, when I saw a pixie dust thread started by you I really had to check it out. You? The eternal optimist? I will add Kathy and your DW to my prayer list. Kathy, for the strength to fight the monster, and your DW for the strength to support Kathy.

:pixie: for all of you
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for Kathy

Mickey052501
02-19-2008, 07:35 PM
I will keep her in my prayers.

bshaw96
02-19-2008, 07:53 PM
I just prayed for Kathy. Cancer is ugly, and scary, but even it must yield to the healing power of God. That is why He came! Please keep us posted!

Caroleh
02-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Oh, Buddy, I am SO sorry. :( :hug:

Kathy, Patti and you will be in my prayers.:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: for the three of you.

hoop de do
02-19-2008, 08:13 PM
The INTERCOT people are very caring and supportive. I'm sure that all who read your plight will give you their prayers and Pixie Dust. Thank you for sharing and giving us a chance to help you and yours with our prayers. Please keep us posted and may GOD Bless you all.
:tink::pixie::tink::pixie::tink::pixie:

lovewalt
02-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Pixie Dust and Positive Thoughts for Kathy :pixie::pixie::pixie:

I'm so sorry and I agree that this IS a nasty,nasty disease and so unfair! My thoughts are with you all .

pogo
02-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Thank you all for your support, prayers and :pixie: ! This means a lot to us.

Peace and Love ! :D

jeddalynn
02-19-2008, 11:14 PM
I will certainly remember Kathy in my prayers.

Here we go again...
02-20-2008, 12:07 AM
Wow, this is going to be a tough one...
Our Prayers and :pixie: are with Kathy and her family and friends. You are all going to have to be strong for her.

Keep us posted.

disneydeb
02-20-2008, 02:57 AM
Pogo, I just found this and I want to tell you I said a prayer when you first mentioned it in JQ, now I will continue to keep Kathy and all involved in .daily prayer.

MissStyles
02-20-2008, 08:13 AM
Pogo - I'm sorry to hear your news - you are such a positive part of this site - I hope our prayers, dust and "more" :magic: can help you, Patti and Kathy. Stay strong and try to remain positive. Those kinds of thoughts can be powerful!!!! :hug::angel:

crazypoohbear
02-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Pogo,
I pray that God holds Kathy's hand and guides her through this. She is very lucky to have good friends around for her support group.
May God watch over her during this struggle.

Beast_fanatic
02-20-2008, 11:02 PM
:pixie: to Kathy, and :hug: to you and Patti as you help her face these challenges!

conorsmom2000
02-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Oh, Pogo, I'm truly sorry for to hear about what Kathy, and those that lover her, are facing. Please know that prayers have already been said, and will continue to be.

Here is the pixie dust, for Kathy, her family, yourself and for Patty... :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

And then the "more"........ tell everyone you care about how much you love them and don't ever let the "small stuff" bother you ever again.

Live each day as if it is your last and remember, "pogo" loves you all. God bless.:(

Very well said, dear Pogo, and things we all need to remember. Your Intercot family is here for you! :hug:

mrsgaribaldi
02-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Lots of prayers and extra strong :pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way. I believe in miracles too.

MauiMouse
02-21-2008, 06:31 PM
pogo, major heavy duty prayers for Kathy. I have been thinking about her when ever I see one of your posts and pray that she will have good results with her chemo. :pixie:

Pixie dust for both you and Patti, you are in my thoughts and prayers as well. :hug:

daparish
02-21-2008, 10:17 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep Kathy and her family in my prayers. Your post really hit home because it made me think of my loved ones that I lost and how quickly things happen. God bless.

Kairi_7378
02-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Pogo, I wish there was something that I could say to make you feel better, other than that I am praying for you, for Patty, and most of all, your friend Kathy. Try to keep her thinking positively- it can work wonders. I don't think that there is anyone in the Intercot family that hasn't been touched in some way by cancer- and we save the best pixie dust for each other. :pixie: Keep us posted on Kathy's progress.

Mickey'sGirl
02-22-2008, 09:38 AM
I just saw this, Cousin!

Live, love and give with a full heart each and every day.

:hug: and :pixie: for you, and Patti.

:pixie: for Kathy. It must be a great comfort to her and her family to have such wonderful support from you and Patti.

disneydrmr
02-22-2008, 09:51 AM
I just saw this too.. but since we've talked and such you know that I am praying! God and God alone is the one in control! Lean on Him thru this and on all your friends here on Intercot!

:hug: and :pixie:!!!

Terra
02-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Many many prayers!!! And :pixie:

Please continue to keep us updated.

pogo
02-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Thank you once again to all of you for your support, prayers and love.

Kathy is handleing the Chemo as good as can be expected. Just a little :sick: but not bad.

I've just gotten back to the office after driving Kathy to the Oncologist so her husband could get some things done this morning. This was her third treatment.

Thanks again. :grouphug:

NJBelle
02-22-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm sorry that I'm terribly late about this. But I'd like you to know that I'm praying. God will help you and Kathy through it all. God bless you and yours!

:pixie:

LauraleeH
02-22-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm praying for all of you, especially Kathy. God is working in the situation, just keep praying.

alphamommy
02-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Sending prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie: to everyone involved. I know firsthand what a battle cancer can be, but I firmly believe that I am here because of the power of prayer.

Best wishes,
Tammy

Jimenyfan
02-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Sending tons of prayers and massive amounts of:pixie::pixie::pixie:to your dear friend. As for the more,since losing my father in 2005 I practice this everyday.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Sendng prayers and pixie dust to Kathy and her support group as well. Praying for a speedy recovery for her.:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:
Keep us posted on her progress.

ElenitaB
02-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Prayers said for Kathy, and more to come! And, of course, I have a fresh load of :pixie: for her, straight from the source!

Dear Pogo, remember that statistics are just that: numbers on a page. Each case is very, very different. Praying that the chemo will be effective and do its job against the :thedolls:

offwego
02-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Dear Pogo, so sorry I didn't see this sooner, pixie dust, prayers and all my good wishes on the way to you and Patti & your friend Kathy and her family.

Hope that the odds are working in her favour with the treatment and love around her.

Jeff G
02-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Pogo, I just came across this thread and it broke my heart to here about Kathy.

Sending lot's of :pixie: :pixie::pixie:to her & her family as she battles through this, I'll also add her to our prayer list.

Also sending lot's of :pixie: to you and your wife to help keep you strong as you both support her.

mtown71
02-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Loads of prayers & pixie dust heading your way. God is great & miracles do happen!

Dsnygirl
02-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Pogo, I'm sending as much :pixie::pixie::pixie: and as many prayers Kathy's way as we can... and please give Patty a :hug: from us, as I'm sure it is very hard for her right now, too.

As far as the "more", thanks for the reminder... it's always good to put everything into perspective -- thanks for reminding us all to do that!! :thumbsup:

A big :grouphug: to you, too, Neighbor... thanks for always being there for everyone.

poohbearlover15
03-01-2008, 10:24 PM
I hope she gets through chemo and survives the cancer! I am sending all my :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: to her and miracles DO happen you just have to believe! :magic:

Miss Mouse
03-01-2008, 10:36 PM
As someone whose family and friends have been touched by cancer far more than I would like to admit, I know how difficult and stressful this time will be. However, I also know first-hand that mircales DO happen and I will be praying for one to come Kathy's way.

She, as well as you and your wife, are in my thoughts. Please continue to think positively, though it may certainly be tough. I'm praying for a quick and complete recovery.