PDA

View Full Version : Kona or GF Cafe for Breakfast

missalabama
02-19-2008, 03:51 PM
while my kids are on the GF pirate adventure. DH and I will have 2 hours to ourselves and I was just wondering which would be better for a nice relaxing....and yummy.....breakfast.:confused:

diz_girl
02-19-2008, 05:07 PM
My DH and I ate breakfast at both places during our last visit and we had excellent meals both times. The GF is more formal, but possibly more relaxing, and the Kona Cafe is more informal and laid-back. Why don't you check out the menus on Info Central to see what might appeal to you more?

mudpuppysmom
02-19-2008, 05:26 PM
First I'll say that we really enjoy dinner at Kona, but we do not like breakfast (and DH tried the Tonga Toast too.....it was not up our alley).

As someone else suggested, look at the menues and decide which one sounds better to you.

I also will say that Kona is sorta noisy.

I have not been to GF Cafe, so I can't speak about it.

ravsluvdisney
02-19-2008, 07:55 PM
We did the same thing while our boys were on the Pirate Cruise. We have eaten at both and while the GF Cafe is more quiet my very favorite breakfast sopt in all of WDW is Kona Cafe. The macadamia/pineapple pancakes are a must have every trip!! You really can't go worng with either choice.