PDA

View Full Version : disney customer service DOES work :)

dumbo_buddy
02-19-2008, 12:54 PM
wow, disney customer service really is great!

i am usually very easy going and if something bothers me i just let it go (as my grandpa says, "let it roll off your back like water off a duck's back)

in january, DH and i stayed at POR. i love this resort. our room was great until the nighttime...as soon as we turned the lights out, the fan in the bathroom (while it was off!) was banging VERY LOUDLY! enough that even after a long day at the park we couldn't sleep.

next day i called for it to get fixed. it never was. BANG BANG BANG for all three nights! boo!

after we got home, i sent an email to disney via their website. they called me last week and the woman apologized and gave me a credit. ok, it was only $83 (something about how i only complained once, not every night)..but still! it was very nice for them to recognize the problem. $83 is one night at a value! hey, i'll take it!

Beckybalz
02-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Good to know - thanks for sharing. I often don't complain because I feel like nothing will come of it, but I have had some less than positive experiences that I probably should have mentioned to someone.

LudwigVonDrake
02-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Good to hear that they acknowledged your complaint :thumbsup:

#1disneyfan
02-19-2008, 10:17 PM
I am glad to hear that they acknowledged the problem, just too bad it couldn't have been fixed while you were there.

We too complained to customer relations and such, over an incident with our DD and an illness and the management's lack of compassion. I think we got reimbursed for 2 nights stay, and they put no-expiration on our remaining tickets. I had contact with a very nice woman that was employed by WDW investigating everything, and also a woman who was the secretary of management at our resort. Both women were very nice and very concerned. To this day I still have contact with one of them and make a point to stop and see her personally on every trip. I am not usually a big complainer, but it is amazing what can come of long distance phone calls.