PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat at Epcot

kristib
02-19-2008, 11:49 AM
I am looking for a place to eat at Epcot. When we were there 2 years ago we ate at The Garden Grill and loved it, but wanted to try something new.

I am so beyond confused about this DDP and the credit. Is the Coral Reef Restauant someplace I can go. I only have the lunch and dinner DDP option and am not sure if I should use it for lunch and dinner or if there are places that I need 2 credits for. When I booked my trip, the lady on the phone was really nice, but not very helpful. She talked me into the DDP, but not sure what it is all about.

Thanks!
Kristi

MickeyChick
02-19-2008, 12:23 PM
There are lots of great threads with info about the DDP here. Just poke around a bit.

It's not so much that you get lunch & dinner as 1 table service meal, one counter service meal and one snack (less than $4) per night of your stay.

Most restaurants in the world are on the plan. Some of the fancier places at resorts are considered "Signature Dining" and that means it requires 2 table service points to dine there.

Anyway, so you're going to Epcot. You can have lunch or dinner at Coral Reef and it will cost you 1 table service meal, plus tip.

When you check into your hotel, they'll give you the DDP brochure (if you're staying on property) but that doesn't help you now, when you're making your ADRs.

I think to really help you out I'd need some more information. Do you want a sit-down table service meal? Ethic food or something more familiar?

BMan62
02-19-2008, 12:28 PM
I am looking for a place to eat at Epcot. When we were there 2 years ago we ate at The Garden Grill and loved it, but wanted to try something new.

I am so beyond confused about this DDP and the credit. Is the Coral Reef Restauant someplace I can go. I only have the lunch and dinner DDP option and am not sure if I should use it for lunch and dinner or if there are places that I need 2 credits for. When I booked my trip, the lady on the phone was really nice, but not very helpful. She talked me into the DDP, but not sure what it is all about.

Thanks!
Kristi

Welcome to Intercot!
:welcome:

Check the "info central" tab above. There is good information about the DDP under "Dining."

Pooh Fan
02-19-2008, 12:39 PM
My wife and I ate at the Coral Reef a few years back with the DDP (when the tip was included!). We really enjoyed this restaurant and it turned out to be the most expensive meal we had all week. Without the DDP it would have been $96 for lunch. I also like the options in the Land Pavillion for counter service. From info I've read Le Celier is one of the most raved about restaruanats at WDW and it's at the Canada Pavilion at Epcot. We couldn't get a reservation but it's a place I would love to try. Theres lost of info on intercot about the DDP. Best to get an understanding now so that you can make the most of it while you are there. I thought calling for reservations 180 days out was crazy but when I called to make resies a few months bofore we went there were lots of places we couldn't get into. I mentioned Le Celier earlier and also that is why we were at Coral Reef for lunch instead of dinner. Have a great trip :mickey:

Jared
02-19-2008, 12:49 PM
First of all, welcome to the boards, Kristi! I see you have questions, and you have definitely found the right place for answers.

The Disney Dining Plan is one of the most confusing and debated issues on this forum. You won't have any trouble finding dozens of threads that should improve your understanding of the program.

Most table service restaurants require one credit, including every eatery in Epcot. Coral Reef Restaurant used to cost two credits, but that was changed relatively recently.

I recommend searching the Internet for information about the restaurants and figuring out what interests your group. Then call and make Advance Dining Reservations. You may have eaten at Garden Grill without prior arrangements a few years ago, but it's much harder to that now. At the popular restaurants during the dinner rush, the Cast Member at the podium often turns away groups without reservations.

Good luck, and feel free to ask as many questions as you need!

:tasty:

mudpuppysmom
02-19-2008, 01:44 PM
I have discovered the Biergarten in Germany....it's quite a fun time!! The buffet items are quite tasty as well as the show is fun to watch and also take part in.....ie, dancing. Sit down have a few beers and take it all in.....the ONLY weird thing is that if you have a small party you will more than likely be seated with another party to fill the eight seats at the table (our first time there we sat with a great family from Texas -- this last time we sat with a reserved family that was local and didn't speak to us much......the dad did, but the mom and son said nothing, so it kinda felt strange).

Bri
02-19-2008, 05:44 PM
We really like Teppanyaki Dining Room in Japan. I think it's called Teppen Edo now but it's your traditional Japanese Hibachi. We at there for each trip in 2005 and 2006 and we will eat there again later this year. It's a lot of food so bring your appetite. Also, there is a bakery in Epcot, I want to say it's called Fountain Bakery but I'm not sure about that. Anyway, if you are walking into Epcot and get to the fountain, it's to the right of that. We got breakfast there one day and it was delicious. We have also heard great things about Le Ceillar (SP?) we will be eating there later this year as well.

GrmGrninGost
02-19-2008, 06:22 PM
We love the Coral Reef. It takes one credit. I also highly recommend LeCellier. They are both excellent! :mickey:

PoohsGang
02-19-2008, 06:55 PM
We were there last week, we ate at Germany, Italy, Japan (twice) & Rose & Crown. Japan is really really good, Italy we had a bottle of wine & an antipasto, Germany is buffet food is good, Rose & Crown is very good also.

princessimagineer
02-19-2008, 07:04 PM
first - welcome!

second - DDP is extremely confusing until youve experienced it, then youll be the master of all that is DDP. trust me.

third - intercot may have it too, but i know there is another fansite out there that actually has the list of all the DDP eateries and what value they have. maybe even google the DDP and see what you come up with.

fourth - my suggestions! germany, like someone else said, is fun! but my all time favorite epcot restaurant is mitsukoshi teppanyaki, the japanese hibatchi (okay, i totaly spelled like 40 words wrong in that one sentence, but you get my point)

happy disney eating :mickey:

Natazu
02-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Jym's Top-7 Best Epcot Restaurants:
7. Garden Grill
6. Biergarten
5. Rose & Crown
4. San Angel Inn
3. Coral Reef
2. Le Cellier
1. Marrakesh

All the Epcot table service restaurants are 1 Table Service credit per person. For a little more info on the Dining Plan, here's a link to the INTERCOT DDP FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180). (wow, I should've used the CapsLock key for that... but I digress)

Crow
02-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best Epcot Restaurants:
7. Garden Grill
6. Biergarten
5. Rose & Crown
4. San Angel Inn
3. Coral Reef
2. Le Cellier
1. Marrakesh

All the Epcot table service restaurants are 1 Table Service credit per person. For a little more info on the Dining Plan, here's a link to the INTERCOT DDP FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180). (wow, I should've used the CapsLock key for that... but I digress)

nothing in Japan? & San Angel has the best atmosphere i agree..how about the food now?
Marrakesh was great last yr. Le Cellier I like but cant get ADR for next wk. R&C has that :beer:sampler & Biergarten has :beer:....I guess that makes the food better.

WDW24
02-20-2008, 08:27 AM
We have a few places we go:

1. Rose & Crown
2, Les Chefs de France

jefmblrd
02-20-2008, 10:47 AM
nothing in Japan? & San Angel has the best atmosphere i agree..how about the food now?
Marrakesh was great last yr. Le Cellier I like but cant get ADR for next wk. R&C has that :beer:sampler & Biergarten has :beer:....I guess that makes the food better.

I've heard some good things about the restaurants in Japan now that they've been refurbished. The new sushi place is supposed to be very good according to a podcast that I listen to.

San Angel Inn has incredible atmosphere, but the food just isn't very good.

I really enjoy the food in Morocco.

lightyearfan
02-20-2008, 11:12 AM
well being that your on the DDP you really should use 1 CS meal for lunch and save your TS for a nice sit down dinner after a long day, there are too many CS to start suggesting, goto the info section on the homepage and find the resturants in Epcot for the best CS, and then i would try and book an ADR for Le Cellier, for your TS meal.

of course this is just my opionion:thumbsup:

enjoy your trip
Victor:mickey:

Natazu
02-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Teppan Edo has really good food but I don't ever list it because it's not really any better than the Japanese steakhouses at home. It's a good dining experience. I just don't think of it as a place I want to go while out of town.

San Angel has pretty consistently good food. The thing I like about it is San Angel is more of a "dinner out" place that the places we have at home. The Mexican places here are not very entree based; they're more like "chose a combo" or "make a platter". I like the feel of the menu at San Angel.

Crow
02-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Teppan Edo has really good food but I don't ever list it because it's not really any better than the Japanese steakhouses at home. It's a good dining experience. I just don't think of it as a place I want to go while out of town.

San Angel has pretty consistently good food. The thing I like about it is San Angel is more of a "dinner out" place that the places we have at home. The Mexican places here are not very entree based; they're more like "chose a combo" or "make a platter". I like the feel of the menu at San Angel.
thanks for clarifying resident food guru!
Now I may have to try San Angel again next week

LudwigVonDrake
02-21-2008, 11:52 PM
San Angel Inn and Le Cellier are good choices :tasty:

AlvyOT08
02-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Epcot is my favorite place to eat becuase you have so many choices. so i'll give you a low down on where I've been

1. Coral Reef-twice, 1x for lunch, it was ok, but not my fav. we paid OOP, then i ate there for dinner on another trip and was on the DDP and I thought the food was much beter.

2. San Angel Inn- for lunch, it was amazing. the waiter was great, the food was great, the atmosphere was great. loved it

3. Norway- for princess breakfast, it was ok

4. Germany- Biergarten for lunch, which was awesome. i loved it. I also ate at the counter service there as well which was also really really good.

5. Rose and Crown- ate here for lunch i think and it was very very good. no complaints. the service and food was really good.

that's my 2 cents. it all depends on what you like and what your looking for!!