PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Snacks in World Showcase

Janet89
02-19-2008, 11:34 AM
What are your favorite snacks around the World Showcase? I don't want to miss anything good!

Septbride2002
02-19-2008, 11:45 AM
I always like going to the bakery in France and getting an item. :)

~Amanda

ali'sdad2003
02-19-2008, 12:21 PM
The cream puff from the Boulangerie Patisserie in France. :cloud9::notworth:

ONLY 215 DAYS TO GO??!!! :fit:

MickeyChick
02-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Peach Oolong Tea Schnapps slushie from the Joy of Tea in China.

YUM

Disney Dad of 2
02-19-2008, 12:27 PM
School Bread & Carlsberg :beer: in Norway. However, I'm not sure most would consider Carlsberg a snack :blush: .

goofyfan4466
02-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Peach Oolong Tea Schnapps slushie from the Joy of Tea in China.

YUM

I NEVER HEARD OF JOY OF TEA IN CHINA PAVILION,WHERE IN CHINA IS IT ? I THINK MY WIFE WOULD PROPABLY LIKE IT !:D

MickeyChick
02-19-2008, 12:48 PM
I NEVER HEARD OF JOY OF TEA IN CHINA PAVILION,WHERE IN CHINA IS IT ? I THINK MY WIFE WOULD PROPABLY LIKE IT !:D

It's a freestanding kiosk, just past the Temple of Heaven on the main walkway close to the lagoon.

Here's a picture of the sign on the roof. (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/29Epcot54.jpg)

Here's a picture of the menu. (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/29Epcot55.jpg)

Jared
02-19-2008, 12:50 PM

~Amanda
Agreed, and I feel the same way about the bakery in Norway.

Also, Germany offers some delicious flavored pretzels.

:tasty:

OhToodles!
02-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Churros from Mexico! :marg:

And hello to the fellow Missourians posting here! :mickey:

dumbo_buddy
02-19-2008, 01:08 PM
the school bread is very good - although it's more like a meal if you don't split it with someone b/c it is SO big!

the pretzels in germany are really good and taste even better with a brew or two!:mickey:

TIdoubleGR
02-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Snacking around the world is the BEST! :cloud9:

Mexico- Margharita :marg:
Norway- Frosted cinnamon pretzel with almonds
Italy- Cannoli
Japan- Sushi
China- Eggroll/ Strawberry Oolong tea slushie (will have to try the peach schnapps one!)
France- Chocolate eclaire and grey goose orange slush drink

I have yet to snack in Morocco but one of these days I will...it always smells really good!

goofyfan4466
02-19-2008, 01:15 PM
:
It's a freestanding kiosk, just past the Temple of Heaven on the main walkway close to the lagoon.

Here's a picture of the sign on the roof. (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/29Epcot54.jpg)

Here's a picture of the menu. (http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/purplejuli/29Epcot55.jpg)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Kaki-Gori at Japan Pavilion, right next to the Funnel Cakes.

I could eat a million of the Kaki-Gori and never get tired of it. Oishii desu yo~

mudpuppysmom
02-19-2008, 01:37 PM
I've never met a pastry in France I didn't like.......

I've never met a margarita flavor in Mexico I didn't like either......

Aggie97
02-19-2008, 01:45 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but we haven't been crazy about any of the items we've tried from the Boulangerie Patisserie. However, the Grey Goose lemon slush drink from the little kiosk in France is awesome! :mickey:

goofiecrazy
02-19-2008, 01:48 PM
MIne is the raisin glazed pretzel in Norway.

WDW24
02-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Oh, I LOVE the pretzels in Germany! :tasty: :eat:

Kairi_7378
02-19-2008, 04:51 PM
I think that the fiesta margaritas in Mexico are fantastic! I thought that the Grey Goose slushies are good but a little weak.

dolphinmickey9170
02-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Fried Ice Cream at the Funnel Cake Stand!! YUMMY!

Glazed pretzels in Norway!! Also YUMMY!!

Salty pretzels in Germany!!

Mocha frozen drink (no alcohol)!! YUMMY!!

pixiegoose
02-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Lefse in Norway and kaki-gori in Japan. :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
02-19-2008, 06:19 PM
I love the churros in Mexico! :mickey:

tjstrike
02-21-2008, 08:06 AM
Funnel cakes and fried ice cream - america

School bread and cinnamon roll - Norway

That orange slush drink - France

lightyearfan
02-21-2008, 11:23 AM
well on a nice hot day i love Italy's pavillion iced granita lemon flavor mmm delicious, but any pastry from France or Norway should make an sweet tooth smile:mickey:

Victor

MMouse6937
02-21-2008, 12:03 PM
We like the crepes at the stand outside of France. They put marmalade, chocolate, or just cinnamon sugar on them and they are YUMMY!! :D

#1donaldfan
02-21-2008, 12:56 PM
We LOVE the fish n chips in Europe....I can't think of the name of the shoppe..I think it's called Yorshire Fish Shoppe.?????

Niecyboo
02-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Lefse in Norway

Churros in Mexico

Baklava in Morocco

Any pastry France can make.

hmmm. Apparently I only get sweet snacks when I'm at Epcot.

prttynpnk
02-22-2008, 09:29 AM
The rice cream in Norway to be enjoyed while surreptiously grabbing at my husbands school bread!

SAnderson70769
02-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Here are some of mine:

Churro in Mexico
Chocolate Crepes in France
Creme Brulee at BP in France
Funnel cake near American Adventure
Shaved Ice in Japan

sillyolbear
02-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Grey Goose Slushie and Viking coffee are things I look forward to as well as a visit to the French bakery.

MauiMouse
02-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Kaki-Gori at Japan Pavilion, right next to the Funnel Cakes.

I could eat a million of the Kaki-Gori and never get tired of it. Oishii desu yo~

Same here, love those! :tasty:

Ariel_Fan
02-22-2008, 04:02 PM
What is school bread???

stitch34
02-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Bakery in France:cloud9:

peter's #1 fan
02-22-2008, 08:05 PM
what is in the viking coffee?

fairies*n*fireflies
02-24-2008, 02:22 AM
Lefse in Norway and kaki-gori in Japan. :thumbsup:

That would be my choice~ Lefse with Cinnamon and butter at Norway!!! MMMMMMMM:high5::cloud9:

Crow
02-24-2008, 07:33 AM
Viking Coffee - Kamora Coffee Liquet and Baileys Original Irish Cream $8.00
Schoolbread is probably what I will have Tuesday for breakfast/lunch when i first arrive at Epcot. its sorta like a donut only heavier like a bread w cream & whipped cream sorta on top. very good.
my snacks otherwise are :beer::marg: new favs being the slushies at the tea cart in CHina. the ones in France arent bad either. Its hard some days Im in Epcot to decide whether its going to be a :beer:day or :marg:etc

ltam16
02-24-2008, 12:33 PM
ginger icecream at cs in China....

It came with my lunch and it was delicious. I had spent the day at WS alone because kids and dh wanted to hang by the pool. I had the most delightful time! So that may have enhanced the icecream!!!:cool:

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Wine and cheese(Mickeys favorite) in france.

ASweetLov
02-24-2008, 02:31 PM
The Churros in Mexico are amazing!

ChewyStriker
02-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Here are some of my faves:
*Must have a lime frozen margarita in Mexico every trip.
Last trip was the first time I had a churro, and it was excellent.
*Also love the kaki-gori. So does my 2-year-old son. Tangerine flavor is my fave!:D

caryrae
07-22-2008, 08:07 PM

~Amanda

:ditto:

We like the crepes at the stand outside of France. They put marmalade, chocolate, or just cinnamon sugar on them and they are YUMMY!! :D

:ditto:

We LOVE the fish n chips in Europe....I can't think of the name of the shoppe..I think it's called Yorshire Fish Shoppe.?????

and :ditto:

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Just about anything from the bakery in Norway, especially the almond pretzels. :yes:

cdavismorgan
07-22-2008, 11:40 PM
There are churros in WDW? Oh thank you *bow bow .. I am so not worthy* I was told it was a DL thing only. I am soooo happy. I love them.

I also love the lefse :)

I am going to try the tea slush things .. they sound yummy!

TinkiTime1989
07-22-2008, 11:59 PM
There are churros in WDW? Oh thank you *bow bow .. I am so not worthy* I was told it was a DL thing only. I am soooo happy. I love them.

I also love the lefse :)

I am going to try the tea slush things .. they sound yummy!

Yes, there are churros at WDW. You can get them in Mexico at EPCOT and we got them at a stand near the Hollywood Boulevard area at DHS.

Some of my favorite world showcase snacks are the chocolate croissant and cheesecake at BP in France, Cherry Kaki-Gori in Japan, Chocolate dipped Mickey Gingerbread in Germany, and Schoolbread in Norway.:cloud9:

Gator
07-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Is this the favorite snack thread or the favorite alcoholic beverage thread?:confused:

My favorite snack is the Maple Pecans - very tasty. Also, Germany makes a great dark chocolate covered-marshmallow snack. It's really great.

TwingleMom
07-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Is this the favorite snack thread or the favorite alcoholic beverage thread?:confused:

My favorite snack is the Maple Pecans - very tasty. Also, Germany makes a great dark chocolate covered-marshmallow snack. It's really great.

Its a snack thread and an alcoholic beverage might be their fav snack. Its nice to get varied opinions.

I agree School Bread is nice but huge. Pastries are always welcome. I haven't had a chance to try a Grand Marnier slush but its tops on my must try list.

TheMartellFamily
07-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Mexico Margarita
Norway School Bread
Germany Soft Pretzles
France Creme Brulee
Canada Maple Fudge (we get that at the EIFAWF)

brownie
07-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Soft pretzels in Germany. I think they are the best snack value at Disney World.

MickeyMousse
07-24-2008, 10:59 AM
School Bread in Norway........Funnel Cake in America.....Churros in Mexico..... :cloud9:

There's no dieting when we go to WDW! :scale:

TINKERBELL_82
07-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Oh my, there are so many favorites.....

Mexico- Nachos and a Fiesta :marg:

Norway- Viking Coffee

Japan- Sushi, Kirin, and the have a sake bar inside the gift shop thats awesome

America- Funnel Cakes

France- Lemon Grey Goose Slushi

Germany- Mmm pretzels and a dunkel bier:beer:

England- fish & chips, and I used to get a yard but they didn't have them last time I went :sob:

If you can't tell we very much enjoy drinking around the world, lol! :D

LeeAnn
07-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Can you use a Snack Credit to get School Bread?

Coolwench
07-24-2008, 01:23 PM
I would have to say the three flavored margarita in Mexico. I look foward to them every trip.:marg:

CraniumCommando
07-24-2008, 01:42 PM
School Bread & Carlsberg :beer: in Norway. However, I'm not sure most would consider Carlsberg a snack :blush: .

Carlsberg is definitely a snack. :thumbsup:

Lefse in Norway
Chocolate mousse or strawberry tart in France
Funnel Cake

Of course, a Mickey ice cream (bar or sandwich) is always a winner.

avantgardeinker
07-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Right now, my favorite is the gelato stand in Italy. It's so creamy and soooo good!! I had it for the first time last December. Ask me after my next trip and I might have a different favorite!

:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Kaki-Gori in Japan, Rainbow Flavored and the Funnel Cakes in America. My favorites!

But I also like the candies in the Japan store.

ilvdisney
07-24-2008, 07:34 PM
We love the kaki gori also! The tangerine flavor is soo good! Last time we were at Disney my sister and I ate 4 of them in a row. They are very cooling also on hot hot days!

This thread is very informative - I had no idea how many wonderful snacks there are in Disney. Those almond pretzels sound absolutely delicious!!

Crow
07-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Im with you there:beer::marg:
Oh my, there are so many favorites.....

Mexico- Nachos and a Fiesta :marg:

Norway- Viking Coffee

Japan- Sushi, Kirin, and the have a sake bar inside the gift shop thats awesome

America- Funnel Cakes

France- Lemon Grey Goose Slushi

Germany- Mmm pretzels and a dunkel bier:beer:

England- fish & chips, and I used to get a yard but they didn't have them last time I went :sob:

If you can't tell we very much enjoy drinking around the world, lol! :D

dixielandings
07-25-2008, 12:51 AM
Fish and chips in UK. Yum.
I know it's not technically a snack - but I enjoy getting a glass of wine in France, at the kiosk outside, just cuz I can. :)

Now, when Food and Wine is going on - all bets are off! I'll try anything and everything!!

dixielandings
07-25-2008, 12:55 AM
And also...
where exactly in Mexico are the churros?
I abso-LOVE churros and didn't know they existed in Epcot!

BrerSchultzy
07-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Every time we go, my wife and I do a snacking tour of Epcot (with some beverages tossed in). This year, we managed to get:

Nachos and rainbow margarita from Mexico (so so good)
Viking Cookie from Norway (just a chocolate chip cookie with a viking picture on it...not bad).
Spring rolls from China (SOOOO good)
Pretzel and Beck's from Germany (what can I say, it's in my blood)
Raspberry Gelato from Italy (one of our favorites)
Hot dog and Coke from U.S.
Sake and Pocky from Japan (the Pocky is in Mitsukoshis, and is an absolute must, if only for the rhyming scheme)
Tabouli and Olives from Morocco, with the best dadgum Tangerine Dacquiri in the world!
France...well...we just got wine, because we were getting full.
U.K....we kinda skipped, cuz we'd eaten at the Rose and Crown a few days before...but the Fish & Chips there is a must for each visit.
Canada....okay, so it started raining, and we kinda skipped Canada...but we did get the Cinnamon coated Pecans and almonds that USED to be in front of Canada (but are now by the Land)...so that should count.

Our favorite is always Morocco....but Mexico and the U.K. are close behind.

kemps@wdw
07-27-2008, 12:47 AM
Eating our way around The World is a must-do for us. We usually head over to Epcot around 4pm and work our way from Canada to Mexico. And we're there in Oct. so we're there for the Food & Wine Festival, and that means there are even more countries to choose from. Some of our faves...the pastry shop in France, the funnel cakes in America, Shrimp on the Barby in Australia (temp), pot stickers in China, and the pastry shop in Norway. And if you like nuts, there is a little cart just outside The Land In FW that has toasted, sugared pecans (my fave). Just make sure you get them HOT?:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

JasonH
07-27-2008, 02:40 AM
Mmmm, my fave subject. Let's see what I can offer up.

Mexico - Watermelon juice when they used to have it. I only have seen it make an appearance now during the F&W Fest.
Norway - Rice Cream, Kringla Pretzel and Carlsberg beer
China - Red Bean Ice Cream, although I will have to try one of the tea slushes now. The Peach Oolong Tea Schnapps Slush sounds REALLY good!
Germany - Beer and a pretzel
Italy & U.S. - Don't really ever get anything from either.
Japan - Pocky, even though I could get this from my local grocery store or Wal-Mart, buying it here makes it more memorable.
Morrocco - Nothing from here either.
France - Quiche Lorraine, Napoleon, Wine Sampler Tour, Grey Goose slush
U.K. - Fish&Chips, beer
Canada - Don't get anything from here either except for the occasional seasonal roasted chestnuts.
In between Canada and Mexico - Glazed almonds and pecans!

fairies*n*fireflies
07-28-2008, 12:27 AM
oooohhhhhh! I didn't know WDW had the glazed (praline) pecans!:cloud9: I love LOVE them. I will definately be looking for those. I am also loving the idea (which we just found out about) is that your snack credits on the dining plan are not limited to the short list that I thought they were. We weren't told last time we were there that you could choose from a vast variety of items!

synesthesiademo
07-28-2008, 05:43 PM
LOVE Kaki-gori and the gummy candies in Japan :)

Also love the candy store in Germany - they also have great gummies.

Goes4FastPass
07-28-2008, 05:56 PM
I love hot tea in China - even on a hot day. There's just something so relaxing about sitting in that lovely pavilion sipping tea while my wife looks at every single item in the Chinese store.

Heck, I got her buyng the tea now. She likes that so much more than, "HUNeee, can't we ride ride go ride Test Track now, puhLEEEEZE?"

Simba's Mom
08-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Right now, my favorite is the gelato stand in Italy. It's so creamy and soooo good!! I had it for the first time last December. Ask me after my next trip and I might have a different favorite!

:mickey:

I LOVE gelato. What's a good flavor there? The only place at WDW I've had gelato is BC Marketplace, and they no longer have my favorite, pistachio.

Mickey91
08-03-2008, 09:52 PM
I like the churros at Mexico.

GhostHost999
08-04-2008, 12:53 AM
Not sure if this counts as a snack, but I love snatching an eggroll while in China, or some quick tempura in Japan...Great stuff from both places.