PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Buttons?

Sweetpea29488
02-19-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, please move if not :)

My husband surprised me with a birthday trip to Disneyworld this upcoming weekend. I know you can get the birthday pins at the parks but was wondering if you can get them at Downtown Disney and if you can, where? Thanks for the help. Only 4 days until we leave :cloud9:

GrumpyFan
02-19-2008, 10:57 AM
I've never seen them down there, but if anybody has them I would guess the World of Disney store.

Zippy_D_DooDah
02-19-2008, 11:06 AM
There is a guest services at DTD. I have never gotten a B-Day button from them, but it is worth a shot. If my memory serves me correctly, it's located near Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop and Arribas Brothers.

Sweetpea29488
02-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the help. I know that we'll be at Downtown Disney the first night before going to the parks the next morn. and thought I would see if I could get a pin there. Thanks again for the help.:thumbsup:

Zippy_D_DooDah
02-19-2008, 11:19 AM
No problem. Have a wonderful trip! We still have 18 days according to my countdown widget... can't wait! You will love wearing the birthday button. Be sure that the Dapper Dans on Main Street see you wearing it. You get a nice little rendition of Happy Birthday!

PirateLover
02-19-2008, 11:29 AM
If you are checking into your resort first and staying on site you can also get one there. The buttons are the same everywhere. :thumbsup:

CanadianFan
02-19-2008, 11:44 AM
We arrived on my birthday, too, and did Downtown Disney that evening. DS7 let slip that it was Mummy's birthday to our waitress at Cap'n Jack's, and she returned with a certificate, a button, a light-up TinkerBell clip, and Mickey confetti! :party: No embarrassing song with the whole restaurant looking on, but VERY sweet and special!

DisneyCouple07
02-20-2008, 10:45 AM
You can also get them at town hall at the Magic Kingdom (to the left of the entrance). Guest services at DTD or your resort (on property) should have them (as previously posted). It's really fun wearing one— my DW and I went with my younger sister and we got her the birthday pin, she was a little embarrassed by all the attention she got (and the extra sundae at Tony's in the MK), but she did love it.

BTW, have a happy birthday and a wonderful trip. :mickey:

SignguyTom
02-20-2008, 11:25 PM
A few months ago, DW, DD14 and I went on Splash Mtn at DLR. As we boarded the log, I found a B-Day button with the Name "Joshua" on it. I am a "Tom". So, of course, I put it on. It only took a couple minutes after the ride for DW & DD to notice it. They got a kick out of the fact that I was actually wearing it. It was funny for a minute, so I wore it the rest of the day. Every time someone would tell me 'Happy Birthday' I would reply with a heartfelt and resounding 'THANK YOU!' DD & DW would just smile & roll their eyes, but honestly, it never got old for me. :party:

Von-Drake
02-21-2008, 07:31 AM
You can get a different one in each park. We did this for our son when he turned 3 a few years ago. We are going again this year 2 weeks before his 5 birthday, but are still considering this his Birthday trip.

wjrhw
02-21-2008, 08:30 AM
You can get a different one in each park. We did this for our son when he turned 3 a few years ago. We are going again this year 2 weeks before his 5 birthday, but are still considering this his Birthday trip.

A few years ago on DW's birthday we also went around and got all the different buttons. We went on her birthday again the following year and found that all the buttons are the same now. I'm glad we got them all before they changed.

Von-Drake
02-21-2008, 09:11 AM
A few years ago on DW's birthday we also went around and got all the different buttons. We went on her birthday again the following year and found that all the buttons are the same now. I'm glad we got them all before they changed.
:pout: BUMMER! :pout:

CU Tiger
02-21-2008, 12:52 PM
We go about the same time each year and it is always during my DDs birthday. We use to collect a birthday button from each park, but two years ago they switched to a generic, white button for all the parks:pout:. One nice thing about the new button is that they are able to put your name clearly on it and the CMs call her by name. You were unable to do this with the original ones.:mickey:

camsmom
02-21-2008, 03:56 PM
We go about the same time each year and it is always during my DDs birthday. We use to collect a birthday button from each park, but two years ago they switched to a generic, white button for all the parks:pout:. One nice thing about the new button is that they are able to put your name clearly on it and the CMs call her by name. You were unable to do this with the original ones.:mickey:

We go the same time each year and it happens to be during the time of DS birthday. Last year the CM at Pop Century let us into a button secret. Our son's name on his button was looking a bit worn after a couple of days (name was wearing off). He gave us a new button - had us wrote our son's name on the button with the sharpie - and then put a strip of Scotch tape (good kind). He said it will protect the name from wear! Another 6 days at the parks and the button still looked brand new! :thumbsup:

dumbo_buddy
02-21-2008, 04:03 PM
i have a follow up question:

DH and i are going in sept as a joint bday present to each other. DH's bday is the Sat we're there and mine is a couple of days after we leave.

can i still get a button? or is that tacky to get one even though it's not my bday REALLY. it's just that it's our bday celebration! will they ask questions if we BOTH have bday pins?!?:mickey:

NJRRK
02-21-2008, 05:04 PM
i have a follow up question:

DH and i are going in sept as a joint bday present to each other. DH's bday is the Sat we're there and mine is a couple of days after we leave.

can i still get a button? or is that tacky to get one even though it's not my bday REALLY. it's just that it's our bday celebration! will they ask questions if we BOTH have bday pins?!?:mickey:

Enjoy your "birthdays" in WDW. We're going down the first week of Oct. my b-day is Monday and DW's is Wednesday, I'm glad mine is first because I'll do something big and silly for her and she'll have to wait a year to get back at me.

She's also a year younger so on her 30th and other milestones I've done things and by the time mine have come around she's forgotten.

NJ Camper
02-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Me and DW try to go during our bdays also but our are a day apart so we do share the days but if you are close then why not they don't ask for your ID to check you both should enjoy your bdays have fun ,enjoy and have a nice big piece of cake or icecream sundae some where a good place for icecream is in down town disney ghiradeli's love it lots of choices :party:

dumbo_buddy
02-21-2008, 05:35 PM
thanks guys! i do believe we will both wear pins then!

mmmm ice cream.....:mickey: