PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Refurbs

ytzking
02-19-2008, 08:49 AM
Does anybody know if the BWVs have had any refurb over the past several months. I was there in August and I was a little shocked by the condition of the room. The overall cleanliness was fine but the furniture was pretty worn, the tub needed to be fixed twice during our 7 night stay and the TVs were rather old. I'm going again in late Aug. and am staying in a 1 BR Villa. I'm hoping to see some improvement.
Thanks

wendy*darling
02-19-2008, 11:26 AM
I am not aware of any wide-spread refurb planned (or recently completed) at BWV.

We were also there in August in a studio and had no complaints.
Perhaps they just fix up as needed.

Johnno52
02-19-2008, 07:47 PM
We were there in Nov & Feb in studios (both 1st floor) and we thought everything was just fine. The furniture looked quite nice and both rooms were clean.

Johnno52
02-19-2008, 07:51 PM
I forgot to mention that the TV sets are only 20" as you said (pretty poor) not as good as the ASM which were flat screen 27" Maybe they are waiting for the 42" LCD's to go on sale? :mickey:

lockedoutlogic
02-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Resort rehabs are usually large scale and cost usually in the millions of dollars

they also usually take 1-2 years to complete...

a couple months couldn't possible yield any rehab worth mention.

ytzking
02-20-2008, 08:18 AM
I sort of knew that anything substantial would be announced. I guess it was just wishful thinking. At the very least, new TVs would be nice.

Sharon1026
03-09-2008, 07:18 PM
We were just at the boardwalk and we commented on the same thing - it needs to be spruced up. The carpet in the hallways is very worn out. The furniture in our room was fine and the beds were very comfy. No problem there, but the carpet needs some help!