PDA

View Full Version : brown derby ?

pluto 77
02-19-2008, 12:48 AM
is the brown derby worth the 2 points with the ddp? how is the food

tink2006
02-19-2008, 06:55 AM
In my opinion, yes! It is one of our favorites and must do restaurants. We have always had one of the best meals EVER at the BD. Last year we were on the DDP and used the 2 credits to eat there. This year we are not on the DDP and we are still going to eat there. The food is wonderful and the service is impeccable. An added bonus is this restaurants is part of the Fantasmic evening package :number1:

RAIDER
02-19-2008, 08:02 AM
The food and service is excellent :thumbsup:

CanadianWDWFan
02-19-2008, 08:17 AM
Another :thumbsup: for the Derby!!

We had a truly wonderful meal there. We too were wondering if it was worth the 2 points as well. Well our fears were unfounded. We spent well over an hour there and had some of the best food we have ever had on Disney property. Add the ambiance and it is well worth it.

Our server was simply the best. He was very attentive without being in our faces. It was just an all around pleasant meal experience. I would do it again without thinking.

Go for it you won't be disappointed!

Sunshine1010
02-19-2008, 08:22 AM
I may get 'kicked' for being honest.....but my entire family didn't like it both times we've tried it.

The only thing we liked was the cobb salad and a banana dessert. Other than that --- no one cared for anything on the menu. The grapefruit cake was decent.

Compared to other food we got for 2TS credits (California Grill, Narcoossees, etc.)....it just wasn't worth it.

Either way - I hope you enjoy your dinner there. The service was excellent and both times, we didn't have to wait - we were seated immediately.

Have a great trip...and no matter what your decision is --- you'll have a good time.

dumbo_buddy
02-19-2008, 09:24 AM
DH and I tried it for the first time in January. it was awesome! i have special dietary needs and the chef came out to talk to me about them and prepared a wonderful dish for me. DH had tuna and is STILL talking about how great it was.

He even felt BD was better than flying fish.

i say, give it a try!:mickey:

MOJoe
02-19-2008, 12:28 PM
The Brown Derby is very good. Some of the best food, drink, and service i have ever had at Disney. That said, there are better 2 credit places.

pluto 77
02-19-2008, 01:02 PM
thanks for all the answers so far! One more question... Is it the regular menu or do they have a different menu for the fantasmic dining package? We looked over the menu and it looks great, so we want to make sure we can order off it. :confused:
Thanks again

like2workout
02-19-2008, 04:51 PM
i love every restaurant that i've ever eaten at at disneyworld, but the brown derby is my all-time favorite! you can't go wrong there!!!

Sunshine1010
02-19-2008, 07:52 PM
About the menu....I'm not sure, but I'm curious to know also.

Jared
02-19-2008, 07:57 PM
All adults are entitled to a beverage, appetizer, entree and dessert with the Fantasmic! Dining Package, according to a Web site I read. I wonder if guests using the Disney Dining Plan receive the same treatment.