PDA

View Full Version : Least Popular resorts

MickeyChick
02-18-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm trying to get an idea of which resorts would be easiest to get a good room at on short notice for a spur of the moment trip. We just stayed at Pop and it was crazy with the crowded. I've stayed at CBR before and liked it. I'd like to avoid the All-Stars.

So what do people like the least? What resorts aren't as crowded?

Camping Mom
02-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Not sure any of them are not crowded any more. It really depends on when you go. Last January we were at Pop Century for my husband to attend a conference. A friend of ours who works at Disney said her mom was coming in February and could not get a room!! She had to stay off site. February??? WOW!

jakeybake
02-18-2008, 09:46 PM
I would say the least talked about resort on here is the Coronado Springs. I see very little talk about it and personally have never had a desire to stay there.

I think second would be the All Star Sports.

Jay

PirateLover
02-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Not sure if this is any indication but 2 years ago a friend booked a last minute December trip 2 weeks before he wanted to leave. The only resort with any kind of availability was CBR. I would think CBR, Coronado Springs, and Port Orleans Riverside are the biggest resorts and therefore would hold your best best for availability.

I just realized you were asking about least crowded. That I don't know. Even when not filled with capacity, I'm sure these resorts are still crowded because of their sheer size. I think I would just stay at a resort you'll be happy with and not worry about crowds.

Tick-Tock
02-19-2008, 11:06 AM
I would say the least talked about resort on here is the Coronado Springs. I see very little talk about it and personally have never had a desire to stay there.

Jay

Yes, but it has the convention center, so I think it's usually more filled with conventioneers than typical vacationers.

pox24
02-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Usually the deluxe resorts are less likely to be the rat race as the value's are. However these days they all are busy.

Dreamin_of_Disney247
02-19-2008, 11:30 AM
I have stayed at CBR and even when it is booked solid you don't feel like you are crowded because everything is spread out. Each little "Town" has it's own swimming pool and we were never very crowded at the food court. As for Febuary, it is always crowded because the Canadians take their vacations in Feb. because thats when their schools are out for Winter Break. We went in Feb. and it was crowded and I was talking to my concierge at the Poly and that is what she told us. Just pick a resort that YOU like and don't worry about it. After all it's Disney! You'll have fun no matter where you stay. Enjoy your trip!:mickey:

KatGat
02-19-2008, 12:03 PM
All-Stars (mostly because of the painfully slow bus system)
Coronodo Springs (heresay, but just seems kind of just 'there'-not as magical...)

kaerbear178
02-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Have you tried searching resorts on disneyworld.com? It will allow you to pick the resort and give you a quote. If the resort is full it will tell you that there are no availabilities and show you two other offers from other resorts. It will also show you the room type availabilities so you will know if certain room types are already gone.

ThanxForNoticin
02-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Coronodo Springs (heresay, but just seems kind of just 'there'-not as magical...)

All-Stars and Pop will be your best bet, not necessarily because they are not popular, but because they have so many more rooms than most of the other resorts - obviously, that improves your chances.

I'm very surprised to hear the relatively negative comments about CS - it's an awesome resort and is indeed very popular and very magical. However, since they do hold conventions there at times, if you try to book while they're doing a convention, you might have a tough time getting a room. But it's definitely worth a try. The grounds, the pool, and the Pepper Market food court make for a great place to stay.

biodtl
02-19-2008, 12:37 PM

They may not be popular, as far as bus service and amenities, but their low price keeps them pretty full.

jillluvsdisney
02-19-2008, 06:54 PM
I have stayed at The Boardwalk and I rarely here anyone talking about it on the boards here.
Saratoga Springs seems to get little attention either. That could be becuase it's the newest resort.

kathiep
02-20-2008, 09:59 AM
I'd give CSR a shot. It has a lot of rooms and for some reason, it just doesn't seem to be overly popular.

But I can assure you we loved this resort. THe grounds were beautiful and we never found the common areas to be crowded. Possibly because when we used the pool or food court, the conventioners were in meetings.

THe Pepper Market has great food quality & selection and the main pool is fantastic.

We had a terrific stay.

teambricker04
02-20-2008, 12:00 PM
It is funny to hear about the crowds as we go lots and haven't found it crazy crowded. We tend to travel last minute and have never had a problem getting into the resorts we want. We were there two Decembers ago and got in to a family suite fairly last minute. This past November we got what we wanted, for a great price, with about a month planning time.

I do agree that AS, POP will be busy because of the prices. I think you should check out CBR because their main pool is under construction (they still have two other pools) so it may deterr people. Just an idea... I agree, price it out online!

#1donaldfan
02-20-2008, 12:14 PM
If I'm understanding your question the least popular would IMHO be coronado spgs. at least, as earlier stated it's seldom talked about. I think, and also IMHO, the All Stars would be the busiest and most crowded, then up to POP, then up through the mods to the deluxes.....????????

Birnbaum has notin on me
02-20-2008, 12:18 PM
the place is so cheesy :ack: and i dont see how anyone could stay there not to mention the food there is awful too!

jpH/keD
02-20-2008, 05:04 PM
I can't remember where I found this info from but just for numbers... All Stars have something close to 1,920 rooms EACH! Times at least 2 people in a room and you have a ton of people! Other resorts like the Poly only have about 847 rooms. Not quite the mad house as the values! I would say since the Contemporary is under construction it has the lowest rooms at the moment! Check them out! :thumbsup: Wish I were going.....

CaptSmee
02-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Any of the value or moderate resorts are going to be your best bet due to sheer size. It seems like Caribbean Beach most always has rooms available lately, and it's a beautiful resort. We've stayed there twice in the past year and loved it both times.

lockedoutlogic
02-20-2008, 11:51 PM
The least crowded resorts...since Saratoga took the title away form Disney Institute

are Animal Kingdom Lodge and Coronado Springs...in that order

Caribbean is extremely crowded throughout the year

as are the Allstars....

Animal Kingdom has struggled since opening day.....or did you think they converted two floors to DVC because those rooms were FILLED?

Coronado is often jammed with conventioners...but lags when not filled with groups

The former Dixie Landings is the least talked about...I would say

Jeff G
02-21-2008, 10:19 AM
The former Dixie Landings is the least talked about...I would say

Dixie Landings is now Port Orleans Riverside. It's on of the top recommended moderates on the Intercots boards and is usually pretty full. I beleive it has the most rooms available in the Moderate class.

As for the original poster, I would go with CBR becasue of it's massive layout even when it busy it seems quiet or jump to a deluxe and go with the Boardwalk.

Saratoga Springs does have a few rooms open to the general public while most of it is tied to DVC and tends to stay pretty full.

Jasper
02-21-2008, 10:33 AM
If it is a matter of just being able to find a room then usually the most expensive resorts and the least expensive ones are the ones that have rooms left on short notice. The expensive ones are normally available simply because of price. The least expensive ones are normally available because they have so many rooms. As far as being crowded though, they are all crowded anymore simply because WDW is such a hot place to visit.

By the way, we usually prefer the least expensive resorts because we are normally at the parks when they open and stay until they close so the room doesn't mean much to us. Plus, the few times we have stayed at the expensive resorts we found them to be stuffy and not much fun.

kakn7294
02-21-2008, 10:48 AM
I wouldn't even begin to guess which resorts will have availablity when you want to travel. Sometimes resorts have rooms closed for rehabs or even just a good cleaning, sometimes a large group may have booked a number of rooms for some reason (my work has an annual trip every year and books blocks of rooms), sometimes there are conventions and sporting events, sometimes everyone who loves a particular resort might just get a bug to stay there all at the same time. Your best bet is to determine a budget and call WDW or your TA when you decide to go and determine what's available then.

lockedoutlogic
02-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Dixie Landings is now Port Orleans Riverside. It's on of the top recommended moderates on the Intercots boards and is usually pretty full. I beleive it has the most rooms available in the Moderate class.

As for the original poster, I would go with CBR becasue of it's massive layout even when it busy it seems quiet or jump to a deluxe and go with the Boardwalk.

Saratoga Springs does have a few rooms open to the general public while most of it is tied to DVC and tends to stay pretty full.

It will always be Dixie to me...:mickey: