PDA

View Full Version : Mask in Epcot

PlanningMom
02-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Has anyone done the mask in Epcot recently? I was just wondering where you actually get the mask and how long it takes at each country. Can you put all the countries on there? Is there any cost? Would you reccomend it?!:scratch:

thanks so much!!

Kidsmom
02-18-2008, 04:39 PM
We did it in August. You get the mask at any country and they add on to the mask at the other countries. They also put a stamp on it (rubber stamp). This is free and takes little time. The quest is finding the table in each country....you have to look good sometimes.

We also bought the passports. This was about $20 and the kids got the stamps on the appropriate country. They also get stickers for the countries (in the passport packet you buy) which was perfect to do during waits at a couple of the TS dinners.

crazeedizneefinatic
02-18-2008, 04:53 PM
We have several masks from different trips, it's always fun to try and find the art table!

We also did the passport this past year. The CM's wrote something very nice to my son at each stop, I also took a picture at each country with the CM and my son holding up his passport. We tried to collect a small inexpensive trinket from each country too. My son took it into school and did a show and tell type of presentation. We asked each CM one important thing about their country and noted it. The kids loved it and thought it was neat and the teacher thought it unique and actually gave him some extra credit which was unexpected.

Darbylew
02-18-2008, 06:11 PM
There is no cost for the Mask. They have some
in each country. The children love them. You
get your Mask and then look for the art table in
each country. If you can't find it then ask a CM
where it is. It is a lot of fun for children. The
time it takes at each stop is up to you and
your children. Have fun! :mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
02-18-2008, 07:44 PM
No cost... and they are pretty neat. My DD and I each do one every time we go. Once you visit all 11 countries and get the 12 stamps (China has 2 -- one for the country and one for the year of the ___ you were born in... i.e. my daughter was born in the year of the monkey, so she gets that stamp, i was born in the year of the rat, so i get that one) you get a nice little 8x10 keepsake poster thing. We color a little bit more each time we visit another country. They are nice for a little break too...lol

momof3+twins
02-20-2008, 08:49 AM
We haven't been for 3 years. The kids were young (7,4,2) but they remember the masks as the highlight of their trip. We are going back this year after our break for twin babies. And the boys are really excited for the masks and the passports. Check out the passports, they are really neat. Some of the cast members sign the kids names in their language.
As far as how long it takes, it depends. How creative are your children? It is worth it though. We stop first thing in all the countries before moving on. Oh, I should mention that if it is slow, some very nice cast members will go out of their way to make your kids feel special by talking to them for a long time. So, that could also add to the time spent there. But, I view it as an educational experience but it is disguised as fun!! The best kind of education is the fun kind!!

pirate pixie
02-20-2008, 09:31 AM
we do this every year . My DD loves it !!! she is 5 and calles herself artsy fartsy . when we go it is during the food and wine festival . my daughter colors and learns about other places while daddy eats and drinks at other places . it works out really well . when you are done and you have a compleated mask you get a special poster . you can also do this inside the inovations place. with the kim possible cube.:mickey:

Von-Drake
02-20-2008, 09:41 AM
I wonder if this would be something to help my son get excited about going through the countries. he has mild autism, so sometimes there can be challenges, but if we can get him to focus on getting the stickers, I think he would really enjoy it. Thanks for bringing this up. Great idea.
:mickey:

scootch713
02-20-2008, 09:44 AM
My girls(5 and 7 last trip) loved making the masks. It is time consuming though, so we went to each station and got our stamps, some people wrote their name in their language... and I did not let them color till the end(they started at the first few stations, but I could tell it was goign to take too long). Then the last stop where you get the poster, i let them take 5-10 min and finish their off. They are really nice and i plan on putting them in a frame soon.

PlanningMom
02-20-2008, 09:28 PM
thanks to everyone for great info!!