PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic & Park Closing

ljv1975
02-18-2008, 04:10 PM
We are seeing Fantasmic at 7:00 and that is also the time that the park closes. Does this mean that after the show everyone will be directed straight to the exit? I was wondering if any shops or snack places might still be open, even though the park will be closed when the show is over. Thanks!

Jasper
02-18-2008, 04:18 PM
So you really think Disney would have guests in the park and NOT have stores open? Disney is not going to leave any opportunity to separate you from your cash go unserved!

Seriously though, I know that the shops along the street on the way out are open but not any of the shops further back in the park. As for food, I don't remember what all is open but I do remember there being some counter service places open on the way out. I could be wrong, but I don't think any of the table service places are open.

ljv1975
02-18-2008, 04:23 PM
So you really think Disney would have guests in the park and NOT have stores open? Disney is not going to leave any opportunity to separate you from your cash go unserved!

LOL - Good point!! :D

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Typically, the larger stores are open 1 hour after park closing. Smaller stores near attractions close once their attraction is clear.

The only exception is during hard-ticket events like at MK. After 7:15-7:30, you will no longer be allowed inside to park.

If you miss the stores, DTD is usually open until 11:00 pm.

CaptSmee
02-18-2008, 09:59 PM
The shops will be open after Fantasmic. Peruse at your own discretion!:thedolls:

ljv1975
02-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Basically, I was hoping to lag behind the crowds a bit and avoid the mad rush of people waiting to load the buses. I figured since the park was closed, everyone would be headed for the exit and I prefer not to be caught up in all the mayhem!!

wedway76
02-18-2008, 11:11 PM
Basically, I was hoping to lag behind the crowds a bit and avoid the mad rush of people waiting to load the buses. I figured since the park was closed, everyone would be headed for the exit and I prefer not to be caught up in all the mayhem!!

That is probably not a bad idea. One of the worst WDW experiences we ever had was waiting for an All-Star bus after Fantasmic.

mouse-logic
02-19-2008, 06:59 AM
We attended a "closing" Fantasmic show last Saturday (2/16) and they direct you out via the backside exit that comes out right by Oscar's and the front gate. I believe I saw a couple of stands near the front that were open, but you would have to back track up into the park to go into shops.

vamaggie
02-19-2008, 08:05 AM
We attended a "closing" Fantasmic show last Saturday (2/16) and they direct you out via the backside exit that comes out right by Oscar's and the front gate. I believe I saw a couple of stands near the front that were open, but you would have to back track up into the park to go into shops.

This was exactly the OPPOSITE of what happened to us in Nov. We were directed back to the main street and all the shops, even though we could see the back exit and the parking areas when we exited the stadium area. Good thing the kids were tired or my cc would have taken a big hit! LOL

MOJoe
02-19-2008, 11:47 AM
We attended a "closing" Fantasmic show last Saturday (2/16) and they direct you out via the backside exit that comes out right by Oscar's and the front gate.

This sounds like a shortcut! I have always exited back through Hollywood Blvd. Where in the ampitheatre is this other exit?

laward32
02-19-2008, 12:20 PM
This sounds like a shortcut! I have always exited back through Hollywood Blvd. Where in the ampitheatre is this other exit?
They must be talking about the entrance/exit that they bring you in through if you do the Fantasmic Dining Package. They had us wait up by Oscar's (I think that is what it is called) and led us up this winding path and through a side door/opening at the top right of the ampitheater.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-19-2008, 01:01 PM
There are two exits from Fantasmic!.

One is the entrance used by Guests without the dining plan, which puts you back onto Hollywood by ToT. The shops on this street are open.

The other takes you into a backstage area and puts you closer to the front gates. I'm pretty positive this is Sunset and these shops are also open. The lands will not have open shops anymore.

As far as exit time, it takes just as long in either direction because 90% of the Guest moves at a a snail's pace.

mouse-logic
02-20-2008, 05:58 PM
They must be talking about the entrance/exit that they bring you in through if you do the Fantasmic Dining Package. They had us wait up by Oscar's (I think that is what it is called) and led us up this winding path and through a side door/opening at the top right of the ampitheater.

This is precisely what they did to us last Saturday. They led us out the Fantasmic dinner package entrance by Oscars. Park closing was 8:30 and Fantasmic started at 8:30. So we left the park about 45 after closing.