PDA

View Full Version : pirate party

mousehappy
02-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Has anyone been to the pirate and princess party?
We went last year but i heard it changed....Is it still worth the money? Should i go if i'm not taking my children on this trip?

kbean
02-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Yeah, and I would like to know how the crowds for the rides are. I'm not interested inthe shows or parades.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
02-18-2008, 07:12 PM
We went Jan 21 and are going back Feb 26. My DD looooved it. It was very cute and the fireworks were AMAZING. They went off all around you and the music was great to them as well. The "treasures" were fake colored gems and beads. The bags for collecting are nice. The parade was cute, too, but we enjoyed MNSSHP's parade much more. We'll probably skip the parade next time, but it's worth it at least once.

Ride waits were virtually non-existent. Dumbo was MAYBE 10 min wait. Everything else was walk on or 5 minutes. And that was very accurate to what we ended up waiting.

Character lines weren't that bad either, especially at the end of the night. We stayed right until midnight.

The dance parties were probably the biggest hit with my DD.

If you're going without kids, the biggest draw is going to be the minimal wait times for all the rides and some of the rare character appearances. And the fireworks.

CaptSmee
02-18-2008, 10:01 PM
We went to the 1st one held last year and thought it was kinda lame. The only thing we enjoyed were the short lines after the fireworks. I think everyone got bored and left...:(

vamaggie
02-19-2008, 07:52 AM
What time can you get into the MK with only a P&P ticket (no park tkt)? My sis says you can't get in til 7 w/o a park admission. I thought you could get in early at 4pm (like MNSSHP) even if you don't have a park admission. Can someone please clarify for me? TIA

merlinmagic4
02-19-2008, 09:47 AM
What time can you get into the MK with only a P&P ticket (no park tkt)? My sis says you can't get in til 7 w/o a park admission. I thought you could get in early at 4pm (like MNSSHP) even if you don't have a park admission. Can someone please clarify for me? TIA

From what I know, you can enter the park at 4:00. This is the time we entered for MVMVP as well. :mickey:

mousehappy
02-19-2008, 09:55 AM
You can get in @ 4 because we took my ds last year and got in just in time to get his first hair cut at the barber shop.

What do you do with the gems?

SurferStitch
02-19-2008, 11:21 AM
DH and I got our tickets for the May 9th party. I have one question....

When is the best time to get your picture with Jack Sparrow? Is it best to try to do that first thing, or wait until later in the evening?

Contemporary Gal
02-19-2008, 12:55 PM
We attended on January 21, 2008 and had such a good time that we went back on January 26. We were able to enter the park with our P&PP ticket only as early as 4:00pm. Didn't even need to involve our park hopper passes. We weren't interested in the characters at all but I read somewhere else that the lines for the characters were pretty long, about 45 minutes to an hour. We were more concerned with rides and fireworks and both were outstanding! There was no line for any rides except Peter Pan and that was the shortest line I've ever seen for Peter Pan. My DH and DS walked onto Space Mountain several times. The lack of lines for the rides alone made the party 100% worth it for us. The fireworks were so incredible. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

The pirate's booty wasn't worth it in my mind. It was just plastic gems and beaded necklaces. I asked a cast member why they weren't giving out candy and she said that Disney had done a poll shortly after they started having the P&PP and found out that people overwhelmingly didn't want candy given out to their kids. Not sure who they polled but I've heard lots of complaints about no candy.

CleveSJM
02-19-2008, 02:03 PM
The pirate's booty wasn't worth it in my mind. It was just plastic gems and beaded necklaces. I asked a cast member why they weren't giving out candy and she said that Disney had done a poll shortly after they started having the P&PP and found out that people overwhelmingly didn't want candy given out to their kids. Not sure who they polled but I've heard lots of complaints about no candy.

We went in August and they had candy in some lines and beads in others. No more candy?!?! Nice. Some people's poor parenting effects everyone now. Some can't control their kids and now no one can get a little treat. Amazing...

Aggie97
02-19-2008, 02:19 PM
My husband and I went to the party on Jan. 29 and really enjoyed it.

The parade was cute enough (didn't care for the music), but the fireworks were just amazing!!! WOW.

We experienced really short or nonexistant lines for every ride, so we rode all of our "must dos" that night.

We did hit up all the treasure spots and received plastic beads and gems (no candy).

It was cool to see all the princesses out in the park with their princes!

We stood in a long line (45 minutes) in Tomorrowland to get photos with pirate Mickey & Pluto and Goofy & Donald. This was at 11 p.m., so it was the last thing we did. :mickey:

Contemporary Gal
02-19-2008, 06:53 PM
We went in August and they had candy in some lines and beads in others. No more candy?!?! Nice. Some people's poor parenting effects everyone now. Some can't control their kids and now no one can get a little treat. Amazing...

I guess when you attended in August they were slowly transitioning the candy out. :D We kept going from station to station and figured we were just at the wrong stations. That's when I asked the cast member where the candy stations were and she told me the whole spiel. I was majorly disappointed when I found out there was no candy. We're going to try and go to MNSSHP. I hope they still have candy at that one. My kids will hate trick or treating for jewels and necklaces.

mousehappy
02-20-2008, 02:00 PM
My kids are not going with us so whatever we get at the stations will make great souveniers. We went when they did the candy and it wasn;t that great anyway. i can't wait to see pirate mickey and donald.. 1 week to go!!!!

jszczur5
02-23-2008, 11:58 PM
What is the Pirate and Princess party? I always assumed it was for little kids, so I never paid it any attention. Now I'm not so sure.
Someone please fill me in - or post a link so I can look it up. Thanks.

CleveSJM
02-24-2008, 07:44 AM
What is the Pirate and Princess party? I always assumed it was for little kids, so I never paid it any attention. Now I'm not so sure.
Someone please fill me in - or post a link so I can look it up. Thanks.

It's a must for all ages. Here is the Intercot info page (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/pnpparty/default.asp). It says beads and chocolate treasures but I guess they stopped giving out candy at the P&P since I went last August.

With your avatar, you'll LOVE it. It's just like MNSSHP or MVMCP just P&P themed.