PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Questions

FTDW Poly 08
02-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Okay, how does going to Fantasmic work? I read somewhere about waiting in long lines.

Does it cost extra money? Can you call ahead for advanced seating? I read somewhere that you can eat at one of three restaurants that are dinner and a show with Fantasmic. Does that reserve you a specific seat? Do you still need to wait in line? Is there a specific time you need to make the dinner reservations? What time is the show every night? How do you find out if there is a second show on certain nights?

Sorry for so many questions. I'm not this dumb, but I can't find any info (I'm obviously a first time visitor!).

One more question: I've seen in a couple spots that the show may be a bit loud/scary for little kids. I would imagine my 8/6 year-olds will be fine with it. What about my two-year-old? How loud/scary are we talking? How big of a risk?

Thanks! This is my first post, and I've been so impressed with this website!!!

TheRustyScupper
02-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Okay, how does going to Fantasmic work? I read somewhere about waiting in long lines.
. . . it is another "show" at WDW
. . . during busy days, there could be lines
. . . just line up about 45-minutes ahead of time
. . . if two showings, 15-20 minutes for second show

Does it cost extra money?
. . . no, included in admission

Can you call ahead for advanced seating?
. . . no
. . . if you buy a dinner package, you do get preferred seating

Does that reserve you a specific seat?
. . . no
. . . there is a section stage-left for these

Do you still need to wait in line?
. . . there might be a small line
. . . but, you still need to be there 30-45 minutes early

Is there a specific time you need to make the dinner reservations?
. . . no
. . . when you make the ADR, they tell you available times

What time is the show every night?
. . . yes, except for special early-close nights
. . . and, of course, weather permitting

How do you find out if there is a second show on certain nights?
. . . got to the Disney website
. . . check the monthly calender tab

How loud/scary are we talking? How big of a risk?
. . . not bad
. . . just some loud noises
. . . the dragon might be scary, but easily explained

FTDW Poly 08
02-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the info. So, is there a big advantage, then, to doing the dinner thing? I'm sure my wife will want to do it, but what are the advantages?

Thanks again!

SAnderson70769
02-18-2008, 11:16 AM

The entrance is on the right of Sunset Blvd. on the way to the TOT and Rockin Roller Coaster.

If there is a 2nd show go to that one - much less crowded usually.

Some may not agree, but I dont think it's worth going an hour ahead just to get a middle, lower level seat - there really isnt that bad of a seat in the whole theater - you just want to avoid standing.

Does it cost extra money?

Included with DS admission.

Can you call ahead for advanced seating?
No, but there is the Fantasmic Dinner Package. The reserved seats are on the right side of the amphitheater. You can find out more info on this in InfoCentral here on Intercot.

Does that reserve you a specific seat?

See above.

Do you still need to wait in line?

Usually with the dinner package they instruct you to be there 30 min before the show.

Is there a specific time you need to make the dinner reservations?

You make this like other dinner reservations through the Dining reservation number.

What time is the show every night?

It varies with park closing and if there are 1 or 2 shows on that particular night. You can check the official WDW site for times and dates.

How do you find out if there is a second show on certain nights?

official WDW site in the Calendar section.

How loud/scary are we talking? How big of a risk?

The villian scenes can be a little scary for little ones. When my daughter first saw this, she was also 2. I simply talked her thru the scary parts by telling her that Mickey was going to fight the bad guys and beat the bad guys - that did the trick! Ever since, she loves it and is not scared!

HOPE THAT ADVICE HELPS!

garymacd
02-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Let me start by welcoming you to Intercot! Hope you have fun learning everything you can about your trips to WDW and elsewhere!

Fantasmic is a great show and is included in your admission to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Just show up about an hour before it starts and you will get great seats. Actually, if the park isn't that busy, you can pretty much get seats almost right up to curtain time. If you have a large group, get there early so you can sit together.

There are special dining packages that give you guaranteed seats. These are at most of the table service restaurants: Brown Derby, etc. For this, you pay for your meal and are guaranteed to be in your seat before the show starts. Your meal consists of a full buffet or complete sit-down dinner with soup or salad or appetizer, main course and dessert.

You will have to make reservations for about two hours or more before the show. The earlier, the more relaxed you will be and still have time to poke around the shops. Some of these packages book up early, so start thinking about making reservations as soon as possible before your trip, especially if you have a specific restaurant you would like to try.

You can find more information on this by clicking "info central" at the top of this page and scrolling down to dining and dining packages. You will see Fantasmic! Dinner Package.

Show times can be found by clicking "theme parks" above and looking at the Quick Link side bar on the left hand side. Click on the Park Hours link and then look for the Extra Magic Hours and Daily Event Schedules near the top of the page. There are occasionally two shows per night, specifically on Extra Magic Hour nights, but not all the time. The show may be cancelled due to inclement weather.

The show is rather loud; your older children will love it. As for your younger one, he or she may be already asleep by the time it starts. The show is held after dark, after all. I haven't heard too many complaints from anyone leaving the show, except for the tired feet and tired bodies. The show is great and all the characters are in it. And it has a pretty good storyline.

Hope I answered most of your questions. If not, others will be posting more information for you. There is lots of knowledge here. I hope you enjoy the site as much as the rest of us.

#1donaldfan
02-18-2008, 11:20 AM
I have never seen an advantage to doing the dinner with reserved seating. Each time we've been we sit just to the left of the reserved seats and it's actually a great spot. I've never seen the reserved seats full, so I'd say it's really not worth it. The show is, IMHO, the best night show Disney has to offer....it's GREAT!!!

ltam16
02-18-2008, 11:25 AM
We did the dinner package and thought it was well worth it. We didn't have to get there as early and the seats were good. Not front and center, but we could see everything just fine. We were on the right hand side and up fairly high. We went to Hollywood & Vine Buffet. Food was good, service just okay. It wasn't one of our favorite meals but it was particularly hot that day and I think we had all just had it! Loved Fantasmic. My kids ages 6 & 8 liked the show aspect. They aren't crazy about fireowrks when they get super loud and crazy. We had this problem at Pirate & Princess Party too.

We are going again in April and we wanted to go back, but they said it is not tops on their list becasue it was so loud! So I think my dh is going to take the grandparetns to see it becasue they want to and I'll hit the rides with the kids!

I would highly recommend doing it at least once because it was a spectacular show.