PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Wdw Pros

just2mickey
02-18-2008, 10:24 AM
My family has stayed at the Grand Floridian, Yacht and Beach Club, Contemporary, Poly, and Pop. I love them all but I would like to try something different this year.

I will planning a trip with my DD who is 10 and DS who is 2 this fall. Should I venture out and try something new? Any suggestions for those who like to skip around?:mickey:

Kairi_7378
02-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Trying a new resort would be fun! If you like the Epcot area, I would consider trying the Boardwalk, since you haven't stayed there yet. Since you like the Deluxe resorts, have you considered the AKL with a Savannah room? I bet your kids would like to see the animals in the morning. Or maybe the Wilderness Lodge? It's a very peaceful resort. Hmm... This probably isn't the best recommendation, but there are so many resorts to try.

Septbride2002
02-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Sounds like you've hit the MK Deluxe Resorts - maybe try spicing it up with the AKL - your kids will like the animals and in my opinion it is the most relaxing resort on property.

~Amanda

wendy*darling
02-18-2008, 11:12 AM
I would recommend one of the Lodges- either Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Wilderness Lodge is stunning. A huge "log cabin" style building with a gorgeous lobby. The little creek that starts in the lobby and end up in the pool is a hit with the kids.
Dining include Whispering Canyon Cafe- great for fun at breakfast or dinner, the Signature Artist Point and the CS Roaring Forks. They have boat transportation to the MK, Fort Wilderness and the Contemporary (where you can switch to the monorail to Epcot). Buses get you everywhere else.

Animal Kingdom Lodge offers rooms with a view of the savannah- imagine waking up and watching the animals graze right from your balcony! There are tours of the Lodge, storytellers and great dining. Boma is a terrific buffet for breakfast or dinner. Jiko is their Signature restaurant and The Mara is the CS place for quick meals. Buses get you everywhere from this resort.

Have fun choosing! :mickey:

dlml86
02-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Port Orleans is a nice resort. Just keep in mind that the beds are doubles, not queens. Riverside has the horse drawn carriages. They both have great pools and Riverside has quiet pools. Both also have the boats to Downtown Disney which is a very enjoyable trip. French Quarter also has the Beignets, which are wonderful and one of the best buys in Disney. Food for thought...Enjoy!

BigRedDad
02-18-2008, 11:16 AM
I too would recommend the AKL. We stayed there during our honeymoon and really want to go back. We will do that when DD is older and could appreciate it a little more than just seeing the animals.

BrerSchultzy
02-18-2008, 11:37 AM
If you want to try something completely new, look into the cabins at Fort Wilderness....some of my earliest memories of WDW are from there, and it's a completely unique experience. I still remember the day my folks finally got the golf cart for us to ride around in. Plus you have the campfire movies, Trails End buffet (which is still the best value on Disney property), the beach hammocks, and some of the quietest accommodations the park offers. It's been a while since we stayed there, but keep an eye out for the tetherball poles and the lawnmower tree, if they're still there.

#1donaldfan
02-18-2008, 11:57 AM
I would say you are well on your way to exploring 'em all......just pick one and go with it, before long you'll have 'em all under your belt...by the way, we love POR........never done any other......probably never will !!!!!

GrmGrninGost
02-18-2008, 01:03 PM
We're trying to stay at all of them! My favorite of favorites is Wilderness Lodge! ( so far) :mickey:

pox24
02-18-2008, 03:45 PM
The Wilderness Lodge:thumbsup:

scootch713
02-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Wilderness lodge, so quick getting back from MK(take the bus, it was even quicker than what we were used to with monorail). My girls LOVED the pool and slide.. heck, I loved it too. :) just a cool place.

BrerGnat
02-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Wilderness Lodge...specifically, bunk bed courtyard view room. Your kids are the perfect age for the bunk beds (little one can go in the bottom w/bed rail, and be safely "contained" if you push the bed up against the wall (easy to do).

You will love the Lodge. It's completely different from all the others you've stayed at so far, and honestly, I think WDW's best executed theme resort. :thumbsup:

Cindy'smom
02-18-2008, 07:50 PM
I vote for the AKL Savanna view room! Amazing resort, great smells (the lobby, not the animals), great food, great vibe. We participated in the african storytelling and we lingered a bit and the cast member ended up spending about 45 minutes with just our family telling the DDs all about her country and answering all their questions. Very cool. Very magical. And sitting out on your balcony in the morning with a cup of coffee watching the animals......pure heaven. You can't go wrong here!

Jeff
02-18-2008, 08:13 PM
The ones you have stayed at are great. IMHO it's hard to beat the Poly, but as others have said, the Boardwalk Inn is nice and the Animal Kingdom Lodge is very unique. Although it is further away than most deluxes it does not share any busses which, I think, makes up for the distance.

diz_girl
02-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Another vote for Wilderness Lodge!