PDA

View Full Version : AKV Phase I Completed

Ed
02-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Disney ends time share's first phase
Sara K. Clarke
Jason Garcia and Scott Powers, Sentinel Staff Writers
February 18, 2008

The first phase of Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom Villas time share is complete.

Disney last month wrapped up work on the last of 109 units that have been converted from hotel rooms to time shares on the upper levels of the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Construction is continuing on the project's much-larger second phase: A 340-unit annex next to the lodge that has been dubbed "Kidani Village." Disney says the expansion will include a 120-seat sit-down restaurant, a 4,700-square-foot swimming pool with a water slide and two spas, plus tennis, shuffleboard and half-court basketball, among other amenities.

Disney expects to complete the second phase during the spring of 2009.

The Animal Kingdom Villas are Disney's eighth time share and the sixth at Disney World. The company is in the midst of building new time shares at Disneyland in Southern California and has announced plans to develop a time share and hotel resort in Hawaii. Construction records also suggest Disney is building a time-share addition to the Contemporary Resort in Orlando, though the company has not confirmed the project.

sillyolbear
02-18-2008, 08:54 AM
Anybody got a feel for how sales are going for the AKV units?

Horizon93
02-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Just from what i am reading on the web, it seems like lots of people are buying AKV points. I also hear that Kidani construction is significantly ahead of schedule. My guide hinted that there is a possibility that sections of the new building could be available by December for reservations.