PDA

View Full Version : Ride Size

Whipmatt
02-18-2008, 06:55 AM
I will be going to WDW in OCt., with another couple, andone of them is a little bit larger than the average person. I don't want her to be embarressed at all.
Can anyone tell me if there are weight
restrictions on any the the rides at any park. Would we need to ask for seat belt extenders. Thanks.

mickey&missy
02-18-2008, 07:58 AM
I think you'll find that there are a lot of folks that are pooh size at the parks. I don't believe that size is too much of an issue for them. This topic has been discussed a lot. I think that disney wants everyone to enjoy the parks and not be too restricted by size or different-ability.

I know someone will come along soon who can better help you with specific rides and info.

Good luck, have a great trip!

#1donaldfan
02-18-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm not sure about weight limits, never seen 'em posted anywhere. I'm sure there is a limit to size, but if someone is mobile I don't think they will have a problem. I've seen the characters on the rides and they are quite large. I just don't see this being an issue !!

mrp4352
02-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Your friend will be fine at Disney. I'm 5'2", size 26 and don't have any issues with restraints on the Disney rides. (Universal is another story, the roller coasters don't fit as well...)

The one thing that's a little strange is Space Mountain, but that's because of how you sit. My skinny-minny friends have trouble getting out of that ride too!:D

Taja
02-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Your friend might want to check the ride vehicle on the ground outside Astro Orbiter before heading up to ride. I'm too much of a coward to ride anything that far off the ground, but the seat looks a bit cramped to me.

lighteningqueen
02-21-2008, 12:54 AM
I too agonized over this but am not really as big as I thought when I got there and saw so many people twice and thrice my size. There were some very very large people on rides and they fit so dont worry. Like the post above said. There are replicas of rides hidden around the corner of most rides that could be a problem for you to try out. No one can see you so let her try it for herself if she gets worried. I had the best time, and wished I had never worried. Pooh sized people are so welcome at Disney and we have to thank them for that.

Melanie
02-21-2008, 02:22 AM
Check out the Large & In Charge at Walt Disney World (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/largeandincharge.asp) page from Info Central for some more good feedback and tips. :thumbsup: