PDA

View Full Version : September - worth the trip?

Nini
02-18-2008, 12:03 AM
We are thinking about visiting DL this Sept., but I've read that Sept. is considered "refurbland". I understand that the HM will be down; does anyone have an idea of how many other attractions are usually closed during this time? We are wondering if it would be worth the trip if a lot are going to be down.

Thanks,
Denise

NotaGeek
02-18-2008, 01:03 AM
Small World will be closed (it's closed until November) ... and any other rides that may need a quick touch-up are liable to be down. There's no way to guess from past closures as to what WDI has in the plans. Luckily the official closures calendar (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122978) is updated as soon as we know what is scheduled. Sorry there's no way to help out on this one...

Nini
02-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Thanks, I guess I'll just have to hope for the best.

BUT - the Electrical Parade is listed as "seasonal", does anyone know if it is usually running during September or not? This could be a deal breaker!

Thanks again,
Denise

tinkwest
02-18-2008, 10:05 PM
As a general rule, the Electrical Parade shuts down after the Labor Day weekend. It then starts up again during the Christmas season.

Nini
02-18-2008, 11:45 PM
Wow - that stinks!!

With fewer attractions to begin with at DL, and many being down, maybe it will be back to WDW this September!!!!!

Denise:mickey:

tinkwest
02-19-2008, 12:32 AM
A trip to the Disneyland Resort in September would be fun filled for many days, even with some ride closurers and fewer entertainment options than during the busy months. Spend time swimming at the hotel pool, time shopping & eating in Downtown Disney, time piloting the remote jungle cruise boats at the Disneyland Hotel, time exploring Tom Sawyer's Island, time enjoying a show with Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. While the Electrical Parade is one of my top favorites, I would personally not cancel an entire trip just because it was not running. :twocents:

Nini
02-19-2008, 12:54 AM
Well, that wouldn't be the only reason, but maybe the "straw".

Our 20th anniversary is Sept. 24th, and this is when we will be traveling. We already know that the HM, iasw, and The Electrical Parade will be down - who knows what else will be announced in the coming months. If we want certain flights and a certain hotel we have to make these decisions soon - the flights are definitely non-refundable, as are some hotel reservations if you want to lock in certain rates. We can't wait to see what other things will be down, when there are already fewer than at WDW to subtract from. And we're not pool people. Plus, it's cheaper for us to fly to WDW. I'm just being practical - not knocking DL. It's just not seeming worth the money!

Denise :mickey:

Aisling
02-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Since you are thinking of going later in September, can you postpone for a week or so and make it out in October? HM will be back up (with holiday decorations) and the parks will be dressed for Halloween. I love the parks during October. Just a thought.

Nini
02-21-2008, 08:14 PM
That's actually a good idea, but we've already reworked our plans to make another trip to WDW!
Plus, if we were going to go to Anaheim we wanted to take in a baseball game while we were there.

Thanks for the suggestion though! I'm hoping we'll make it out there some other time!

Denise :mickey: