PDA

View Full Version : year of a million dreams

poohbearlover15
02-17-2008, 11:31 PM
I dont know if someone already posted this but i was wondering if anybody got anything at the parks during a year of a million dreams like, ears or spending the night in cinderellas castle or fastpasses? :mickey:

Rekenna
02-18-2008, 07:18 AM
In October 2006 my DH and DS and I received magic fast passes at Epcot. We were going on Mission Space and we were coralled by some cast members (I can't remember if they were wearing the white vests or not) and taken into the queing room (the room with the video and Gary Sinise) they skipped the preview show and told us that we had been awarded magic FPs. They were probably about 20 of us. The park wasn't really busy that day, so we really didn't need to use them-we kept them as a souvenior. It was very exciting!:mickey:

RedheadWriter
02-18-2008, 08:02 AM
I was Animal Kingdom's Guest of the Hour in November. Everyone clapped as I waved as it was announced "Rachel from Rhode Island is Animal Kingdom's Guest of the Hour! Let's celebrate the Year of a Million Dreams!" I got a HUGE blue frosted cupcake. Not much I know, but still a fun moment!

#1donaldfan
02-18-2008, 08:51 AM
In June we received the mouse ears for the entire fam. We got 'em as we were coming off of SM, soaking wet !!!! I was pretty cool......we just happened to see the dream squad give away the castle night stay to a family.....now that was way cool, just too bad it wasn't us.................

Ian
02-18-2008, 09:03 AM
We've won a few things ... ears, Dream Fastpasses, and oh yeah that little night in Cinderella's Castle thing, too! :mickey:

dumbo_buddy
02-18-2008, 09:10 AM
I got a HUGE blue frosted cupcake. Not much I know, but still a fun moment!

sounds wonderful to me!!!! :mickey:

Kairi_7378
02-18-2008, 09:29 AM
There used to be a running tally of all of the Intercot winners for the Year of a Million Dreams. Does anyone know if this is still current? Or where it ended up?
We won Dream Fastpasses on the Great Movie Ride.

mudpuppysmom
02-18-2008, 10:27 AM
DS and I won Dream Extra Magic Hour at MGM -- not all that thrilling for a four year old, but we did have the Osborne Lights all to ourselves!!! Now that was totally worth the trip back to the park after closing!!!

DS also was chosen to start IASW as we were wandering through Fantasyland one morning.....he was tickled pink, er blue to win that!

Ian
02-18-2008, 10:37 AM
DS and I won Dream Extra Magic Hour at MGM What's Dream Extra Magic Hour? I've never heard of that? :confused:

ibrowse17
02-18-2008, 10:44 AM
We won dream FP's on our last two trips, both at AK. In Dec, we were walking through the Jungle Trek when the Team stopped us and said we were in the "right place at the right time". Then a couple of weeks ago, the Team was waiting at the train depot for the Planet Watch. Both times were in the morning, a little before 10 AM. We were happy to win, but my DW really wants the night in the castle! Who doesn't??:thumbsup:

4myprincesses
02-18-2008, 10:47 AM
We won the dream extra magic hours at MK in Jan of this year. THe park stayed open for 2 hours for about 500 people (I am horrible at numbers so this number could be WAY off!) All the main rides were open, there was a DJ dance party with characters, a kickoff with MIckey and Minnie. Very fun. In the extra time we rode Space Mountain, Tea Cups, Laugh FLoor (girls insisted on this one otherwise we'd have done more), Buzz twice, Pooh, played at Pooh's park, and the last flight of Dumbo for the day. ALl that as well as grooving with Chip and Dale and telling Mickey and MInnie goodbye at the gates. For mom and I as well as 4 girls (twins 1.5 yr, 6yr, and 7 yr.) it was really fun. We all love the parks at night and the twins are liking the charachters from a distance.

Not as nice as the castle, I am sure, but all in all it was a nice deal!

poohbearlover15
02-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Wow alot of people have won! Hopefully I will win something on my upcoming trip!:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
02-18-2008, 11:24 AM
I was in WDW for a week in July 2007 and NEVER once saw the Dream Squad. Needless to say, I won nothing :(

LoriMistress
02-18-2008, 09:45 PM
DH & I won several things. Not only did we get special dreams like first to ride SM, first in AA in Epcot, and open DHS--plus be the first to ride RnRc. The official dreams we won from the Dream Team would be two Ultimate FPs at DHS & AK. We also won Dream Pins & landyard at AK. This was back in Dec 07.

mrsgaribaldi
02-19-2008, 02:16 AM
I was in WDW for a week in July 2007 and NEVER once saw the Dream Squad. Needless to say, I won nothing :(

We've been there about 7 times since the year of a millions dreams started and we haven't won a thing in the parks. I entered with postcards and I won a lanyard with 4 year of a million dreams pins. That was pretty cool to get in the mail:thumbsup:

WLD4
02-19-2008, 09:36 AM
We won "Year of a Million Dreams" ears last month, while waiting in line at Buzz Lightyear. :mickey:

BouncingTigger
02-19-2008, 11:20 AM
In January, when we were leaving the area that has Conservation Station, there were Dream people handing out YOMD lanyards with 2 YOMD pins on them. My bf and I both got one. :mickey:

laward32
02-19-2008, 12:06 PM
We were there Oct 26-Nov 2 2007 and we received a Dream Magical Hour at MK. We were in Toontown seeing the Princesses and as we finished with Cinderella this lady approached us with 2 other people. I thought maybe she was going to explain the photopass or something. She asked how many were in our party and started putting wristbands on our wrists. She said we were to go to Tomorrowland at closing and wait until they cleared the park and we would have one hour to ourselves. (Actually there were a total of 3000 people that received this, they said they only do this once a quarter)
Let me tell you 3000 people doesn't make a dent in that park. The neatest thing was after we got off of BTMRR at the end of the hour and walked through Frontierland me and my girls were the only one on the street. It was breathtaking!!!:mickey:

CleveSJM
02-19-2008, 02:21 PM
There used to be a running tally of all of the Intercot winners for the Year of a Million Dreams. Does anyone know if this is still current? Or where it ended up?
We won Dream Fastpasses on the Great Movie Ride.

It's in the News (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=84923)section. Surprised a moderator hasn't merged this thread.

Lots of great detail in there on Ian's night in the Castle and I'm proud to be the first winner listed (MK fastpasses on day 1 2006)!

pixiegoose
02-19-2008, 05:55 PM
We've won twice by mail- mouse ears and pin/lanyard set. We also won a limo ride back to the airport when we were leaving Pop in September.

Magic Smiles
02-19-2008, 09:22 PM
DH & I won several things. Not only did we get special dreams like first to ride SM, first in AA in Epcot, and open DHS--plus be the first to ride RnRc. The official dreams we won from the Dream Team would be two Ultimate FPs at DHS & AK. We also won Dream Pins & landyard at AK. This was back in Dec 07.
We were there for 17 days in Dec 07 and did not once even see a Dream Team Cast Member. :sob:

CaptSmee
02-19-2008, 11:30 PM
WE FINALLY WON SOMETHING! Dream fastpasses in Dec...and it was so slow in the park we didn't need them. :( It was still cool to have them though! We felt like VIPS!:cool:

PeterPansMagic
02-21-2008, 01:36 AM
How do they choose the winners? Do they look for people with children, people with buttons or what? We didnt win anything either when we went in December. Do they only go around in the morning or do they walk around in the afternoon and night too?:confused:

CleveSJM
02-21-2008, 09:59 AM
How do they choose the winners? Do they look for people with children, people with buttons or what? We didnt win anything either when we went in December. Do they only go around in the morning or do they walk around in the afternoon and night too?:confused:

It's totally random. There is no choice involved at all. That would be illegal.
For the common prizes (ears, fastpasses, and pins) they go to a ride queue area. Either the entrance or the exit. They keep it random that way and avoid unfair "running up to them" winners. For the major prizes, a computer actually tells them a ride, a time and even a seat number sometimes. It has to be that random. Read how Ian was selected for a night in the castle in the News section.

They mostly give prizes in the morning so people can enjoy them all day, especially the fastpasses. I've heard of pins and ears being given away later. The night in the suite is always given away in the morning as well so people have time to prepare.

Biggest tip to maximize your chances: Go early and get in line for a ride. They are not going to give you a prize unless you are in a line. Some of the non-material "prizes" like front row seats, or "first family" stuff might be more in the open, but not the material items.

like2workout
02-21-2008, 10:34 AM
i won the mouse ears in tower of terror! it was in the room that shows the rod serling video. usually after the video, the doors open and everyone walks out of the room to line up for the elevators. instead of the doors opening, the lights cut on and there were 2 people in there who announced everyone in the room had won! they gave each of us ears as we left the room!

mouse-logic
02-21-2008, 12:01 PM
We've made two trips during the YOMD,....actually YOMD1 and YOMD2....we went to morning EMH, evening EMH, stayed in the parks all day, rode rides early and often.....but never once saw the Dream Squad.

Frankly, I'll be glad when this promo is over, because the kids (and me) get our hopes up for a Dream FP or maybe just a token....and when we don't get squat...or even see someone else get something....we can't help but feel a bit dissappointed.

Of course, we are in the happiest place on earth, so I guesss technically we should just be happy. Just count me as one of those guests who thinks the YOMD is not such a great idea.

jaredkari
02-21-2008, 12:29 PM
We got ears in May after Peter Pan and got Dream Fastpasses this January when getting off Big Thunder Mountain.

I had never heard of the dream extra magic hours. That sounds pretty cool.:mickey:

BMan62
02-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Coming up on our third trip during YOMD (I & II) - so far...

Trip 1: Did not see a Dream Team member, but did see people with dream Ears and Dream Fastpasses.

Trip 2: Actually saw 2 Dream Team members, at different times, in different parks. Talked with the one gentleman in AK after we got off KRR (soaking wet, of course) DW had us walk off not knowing he was Dream Team - early afternoon. When I told her, she was markedly upset.:mad: Second was an elderly woman at MK heading toward PotC while we were sitting eating our Dole Whips - evening, shortly before SpectroMagic.

Trip 3: This coming September. We'll see what happens, but we're not expecting anything, our luck never runs that good. We're just happy to be at WDW!

Disneyatic
02-21-2008, 03:15 PM
We have won 2 YOAMD ears thru the mail. I would love to win a lanyard!

DD was given a Tinkerbell pin set at MGM in Sept 07. It was 2 of the same pins and said 1 for you, 1 to share. It was really cool and she had fun giving the other pin away later!

CleveSJM
02-21-2008, 04:13 PM
We've made two trips during the YOMD,....actually YOMD1 and YOMD2....we went to morning EMH, evening EMH, stayed in the parks all day, rode rides early and often.....but never once saw the Dream Squad.

Frankly, I'll be glad when this promo is over, because the kids (and me) get our hopes up for a Dream FP or maybe just a token....and when we don't get squat...or even see someone else get something....we can't help but feel a bit dissappointed.

Of course, we are in the happiest place on earth, so I guesss technically we should just be happy. Just count me as one of those guests who thinks the YOMD is not such a great idea.

I agree with you totally mouse-logic. When they extended YOMD, I was very disappointed. Everyone needs to feel they have a shot at winning. It's not as Magical, but I'd like to see them put Dream Kiosk's up, like a fastpass machine, make it look like the Genie lamp. Everyone can put their card/ticket in once a day and win a Dream. Of course, rub the lamp for luck. An adult ticket could range from a 5% off a Dole Whip coupon, to the night in the castle. A junior ticket should win at least a trinket everyday to make the kids feel good. A small stuffy or sticker or something. That would be a better promotion than the YOMD.

The Dream Teams can then focus on the Magical Moment experiences like "front of the line" and "special visitor" awards...

dumbo_buddy
02-21-2008, 04:24 PM
I agree with you totally mouse-logic. When they extended YOMD, I was very disappointed. Everyone needs to feel they have a shot at winning. It's not as Magical, but I'd like to see them put Dream Kiosk's up, like a fastpass machine, make it look like the Genie lamp. Everyone can put their card/ticket in once a day and win a Dream. Of course, rub the lamp for luck. An adult ticket could range from a 5% off a Dole Whip coupon, to the night in the castle. A junior ticket should win at least a trinket everyday to make the kids feel good. A small stuffy or sticker or something. That would be a better promotion than the YOMD.

Cleve, i think that's a really neat idea. the only problem i could see with that is some people thinking that it's too much like, "gambling." i don't think it is but i could see some v. strict religious types not liking that.

For those who won dream fast passes? it looks like you get only a few passes, right? not unlimited fast passes? it looks like the cards people wear have things that break off of them. i saw a family that won them. they were sooooo happy it was really fun just seeing them!
:mickey:

CleveSJM
02-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Cleve, i think that's a really neat idea. the only problem i could see with that is some people thinking that it's too much like, "gambling." i don't think it is but i could see some v. strict religious types not liking that.

For those who won dream fast passes? it looks like you get only a few passes, right? not unlimited fast passes? it looks like the cards people wear have things that break off of them. i saw a family that won them. they were sooooo happy it was really fun just seeing them!
:mickey:

Good point on the "slot" machine angle. Maybe just at the turnstiles, like a reciept at the grocery store. Everyone gets one and turn it in at a prize tent...

About the fastpasses, it's like winning one fastpass for each fastpass attraction. You can see the tabs on my wife's Dream Fastpass (http://www.intercot.com/news/milliondreams/default.asp) on the intercot YOMD page. They break it off and you get one fastpass per ride.

Soul_Power
02-23-2008, 05:21 PM
When my boyfriend and I were at Animal Kingdom last summer, we won the huge cupcake too! We were ordering our lunch at Flame Tree BBQ and the guy ringing us up asked what are names were and where we were from. He then rang a cowbell to get everyone's attention and said something like, "This is Gill and Gino from California, and they're our magical guests for the hour." Yes, it's not as extravagant as other prizes, but we felt really special! We consider it one of the highlights of our trip! (By the way, I caught it all on tape! The video is on YouTube)!

DisneyDudet
02-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=84923) is a thread started in News about things people have won since the start of the Celebration of a Million Years (my name for it).

I haven't won a thing, but that's always my luck!

beautifultomorrowgal
02-23-2008, 09:09 PM
We received ears just before getting on the Dinosaur ride in AK! My son was also given a dream big button from a man in a white vest in EPCOT. :party:

jszczur5
02-24-2008, 12:52 AM
I was Animal Kingdom's Guest of the Hour in November. Everyone clapped as I waved as it was announced "Rachel from Rhode Island is Animal Kingdom's Guest of the Hour! Let's celebrate the Year of a Million Dreams!" I got a HUGE blue frosted cupcake. Not much I know, but still a fun moment!

Yeah - and the opportunity for a once in a lifetime photo. Hope you used your photopass!