PDA

View Full Version : Early Entry and security

avalon451
02-17-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm looking for info on tips to get in line early at the turnstiles. We will be at DLR March 24th-28th, park hours are 8 a.m. to midnight. So on early entry days (we're staying at GCH) the park will open to EE guests at 7 a.m.? :eek:
Security checkpoints: Are there two sets of tents, one on the DTD side, and one on the Harbor Blvd. side? What time do they open on a day like this, when the EE people will want to be lining up at the turnstiles at 6:15 am.? Do you have to line up at the security tents and then race to get a place in front of the turnstiles?
So I'm insane for thinking of getting up at this hour and getting in line so early, but I've heard such horror stories about the crowds in the week before and after Easter that we're anxious to get as much out of EE as possible. Any tips or input would be so welcome! Thank you!

NotaGeek
02-17-2008, 09:18 PM
The check points will be open by 6am, and previous to that there is no security check, you can just walk through the Esplanade (I have never seen the Esplanade closed off to foot traffic no matter what time I was walking back and forth). They can't close off the area because people that stay at the Harbor Blvd. hotels, and Cast Members/DTD Shop Staff that take the bus must have access to DTD ... and the only way is to walk through the Esplanade. :thumbsup:

Have Fun! :mickey:

nmbullrdr
03-18-2008, 04:14 PM
When we were there in February, there was a longer wait for the security checkpoint than for the early entry line at Disneyland. I would plan a little extra time to get through the security checkpoint before lining up for early entry.

Mrs. Bee
03-24-2008, 03:02 AM
I'm looking for info on tips to get in line early at the turnstiles. We will be at DLR March 24th-28th, park hours are 8 a.m. to midnight. So on early entry days (we're staying at GCH) the park will open to EE guests at 7 a.m.? :eek:
Security checkpoints: Are there two sets of tents, one on the DTD side, and one on the Harbor Blvd. side? What time do they open on a day like this, when the EE people will want to be lining up at the turnstiles at 6:15 am.? Do you have to line up at the security tents and then race to get a place in front of the turnstiles?
So I'm insane for thinking of getting up at this hour and getting in line so early, but I've heard such horror stories about the crowds in the week before and after Easter that we're anxious to get as much out of EE as possible. Any tips or input would be so welcome! Thank you!

I've never done EE so I don't know anything about that.

But yes. There is a security point on both sides. If you are coming from the DTD area there is one there. There is also one when you get off the Lion King Tram (from the Harbor Blvd side.)

Whenever you leave the esplanade you'll have to go back through one of the security checkpoints to come back in.

But it's nice to be able to go back and forth between parks without having to go through security every time.