PDA

View Full Version : Apr. 16-23 Give me the scoop!

ltam16
02-17-2008, 05:44 PM
We're heading down Apr. 16-23. Will it be warm enough to swim? Do we need jackets at night? Is this before Spring Breaks? Am I avoiding crowds or will I be in the crowd? Will it be super hot/humid? We last went end of May and in August and it was wayyyy hot and super humid! I've checked the weather history for this time of year, but just wanted to hear how you all experienced it!

Stormer
02-17-2008, 08:01 PM
I would like to know the weather also. We will be there the same time. In the northeast that week is Spring Break in most places.

#1donaldfan
02-17-2008, 08:45 PM
I think it's sp break here in WV at or during that time....not sure about the states south of us.....all the pools are heated so I'm sure you'll be fine with that.....light jackets at night, maybe, for us I seriously doubt it, I guess it just depends on where your from. It won't be anything like the summer months.....I'm sure you'll have a great time......have a good trip!!

PhilHarHarMagic
02-17-2008, 10:08 PM
It was warm enough to swim in the POP pool when we were there last year in March - I'm guessing it will be extra warm by April!

NJ Camper
02-17-2008, 10:17 PM
From what i've heard spring break falls at different times depending on where you come from so you may expect some crowds but weather wise you will be fine we have been swiming in dec and jan so you will not have a problem pools are heated we saw people swiming one day when we were wearing pants and sweatshirts mid day

Kerry823
02-17-2008, 10:27 PM
We will be there part of the same time you are. We generally go this time of year and it is always warm during the day and pretty warm at night. The past few years it has been down right hot...like high 80s during the day. Definitely warm enough to swim. If you happen to catch a cool night, a sweatshirt will do the trick. Have fun!

playdead88
02-18-2008, 06:35 AM
a lot of spring breaks are before or after easter week and easter is in march this year - we went last year during that week and are going this year during that week - the weather was perfect - not too hot and one night we did need sweatshirts during the fire works so bring something just in case - we swam everyday and the avg. temp was around 85 - have fun!!:mickey: maybe we'll c ya there

PeterPansMagic
02-20-2008, 01:54 AM
Im staying at POP at that time too!!! Maybe we will run into each other. I will be with my DH who will be riding in an ECV rental from Buena Vista Scooters all over it. He will have a walker strapped to the back of it.

This is a good post because I was curious too.

Will it be as crowded as it would be around Christmas time? If so will it be worse or not so bad?

Von-Drake
02-20-2008, 08:05 AM
My clan will be there the week before :( But last time we went in April, it was warm enough to swim and just a little chilly in the evening. Overall I would say a perfect time to be in that wonderful World.

laward32
02-20-2008, 11:54 AM
My very first trip was in 05 in April (9-16) and it was not very busy at all. A CM at one of the restaurants said we had just missed the spring break crowd. I know spring breaks are different everywhere. Here in Oklahoma ours is the third week in March.
The weather was awesome. I don't remember needing a jacket. A couple afternoons it got pretty warm, but most of the days it was really nice. Hope this helps. Have a great trip.:mickey: