PDA

View Full Version : Small World Travel

CaptSmee
02-17-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm wondering what the best way to score a discount is for our upcoming vacation. We have decided on our dates, have an annual passholder and a disney rewards visa card holder in our group so can get a discount either way.
The problem is we are after sought after resorts: Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge.

Should we use a travel co. such as Small World Travel and have them book for us? Or just take our chances when the codes come out? Anyone have advice for us?

MonoMan
02-17-2008, 05:40 PM
I would highly recommend that you use Magical Journeys - we used them for the first time to help us with our last trip (earlier this month) and Terrisue was amazing. We had numerous discounts (Disney Visa, AAA, ect) come out after we made our reservation and she notified us everytime so we could decide if we wanted to make changes or not. I will never make my own reservations again.

DisneyCrazyET
02-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Magical Journeys
They look for the discounts for you and they are great to work with.

PirateLover
02-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Why note use Intercot sponsor Magical Journeys? We booked our last 3 trips through them, they are always on the ball with discounts, and the service is free. You just have to take care of your own travel arrangements.

disneydeb
02-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Do not go it alone! Let Magical Journeys help!

KylesMom
02-18-2008, 05:40 PM
I wouldn't take a chance missing out on any possible discounts which might come out. We too are A/P holders, Disney Visa cardholders and AAA members, but MJ has been booking our room-only reservation for the past several years. Believe it or not, A/P nor Visa discounts have not been available our last couple of trips for our selected resorts, and MJ suggested another way to get discounts - AAA membership. They've clearly saved us thousands of dollars since we began using them.

I have all of the confidence in the world that they'll be able to procure the best discounts out there for me and my family, and I won't have to spend hours on the phone with Disney trying to access those discounts! :mickey:

SamG
02-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Small World Vacations will do the same as MJ. We used them for our 2005 trip, not only did they get us discounts, but also got us seats for Cinderella's Breakfast.

This is nothing against MJ, but they aren't the only game in town.

Ian
02-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Use MJT. They're a site sponsor and they're awesome.

vamaggie
02-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Small World Vacations will do the same as MJ. We used them for our 2005 trip, not only did they get us discounts, but also got us seats for Cinderella's Breakfast.

This is nothing against MJ, but they aren't the only game in town.

True, but MJ also sponsors Intercot. We found that MJ was much more on the ball with getting discounts than any other service out there. I would not use anyone else.

JPL
02-18-2008, 06:10 PM
They are the Official sponsor of this site and help keep it up and running. Add that to the unmatched and service and there is no reason to look any further. Magical Journeys all the way

SamG
02-18-2008, 06:20 PM
True, but MJ also sponsors Intercot.No argument there.

We found that MJ was much more on the ball with getting discounts than any other service out there. I would not use anyone else.
What other service have you used?

Look, I'm not saying MJ won't do a good (or great) job, I'm sure they do. And yes, since they are an Intercot sponsor, by using them you help IC.

But, I'm telling you I used Small World Vacations and was VERY satisfied... probably as satisfied as some others are with MJ.

Ian
02-18-2008, 06:24 PM
But, I'm telling you I used Small World Vacations and was VERY satisfied... probably as satisfied as some others are with MJ.You're sort of missing the subtle hints people were trying to give you ...

MJT helps pay the bills around here. In return for that, we promote them as our official travel agent. In addition, they provide a service that is equal to or exceeds anyone else in the industry. We're comfortable endorsing them exclusively because they're top notch.

We don't direct folks to their competitors. It's pretty simple, really. You wouldn't expect Coke to direct people to Pepsi, would you?

OogieBoogieMan
02-18-2008, 07:14 PM
I can't say this matters to me one way or the other, but I thought this was a discussion board. Short of the thread being purposely placed to promote the other company, which doesn't appear to be the case and would violate the terms of service, one should be able to discuss it without being silenced due to the sponsorship. Just a thought....

Hammer
02-18-2008, 07:59 PM
I can't say this matters to me one way or the other, but I thought this was a discussion board. Short of the thread being purposely placed to promote the other company, which doesn't appear to be the case and would violate the terms of service, one should be able to discuss it without being silenced due to the sponsorship. Just a thought....

No, the OP was asking if they should use a travel co. and referenced a company different than our sponsor. As has been stated, Magical Journeys helps to pay the bills around here so we are going to suggest that Intercotees use them. We are not going to suggest any other travel agency, as to do so would be a disservice to our sponsors. I mean, wouldn't you think twice about being a site sponsor if you were not being properly promoted? I wouldn't insult Nanci and her company by give her any less than my 100% support.

PetefromRI
02-18-2008, 08:02 PM
We've also gotten very good service through Magical Journeys and we will keep using them in the future.

Jeff
02-18-2008, 08:08 PM
one should be able to discuss it without being silenced due to the sponsorship. Just a thought....

No one "silenced" the discussion. If that was the case it would have been deleted right away.

"Subtle hints" (thanks Ian) and sometimes not so subtle comments that are actual testimonies to a site sponsor, which all have admitted is just as good if not better than the OP's suggested company, are not silencing the thread.

SamG
02-18-2008, 08:34 PM
I promise this will be my last post on this thread. I have just a couple points to make...
A) Ian, I have no problems with Intercot staffers and guests recommending MJ. The OP asked specifically about SW, and I replied as an actual customer of theirs. No different than someone responding to a question about WL if they had stayed there. I said a number of times MJ does a good job (even though I've never used them). I never said a bad word about MJ and never said anyone shouldn't use them.
B) I am disappointed you (and others) feel the need to give "subtle" hints to ME. I was trying to help the OP (as were other people). As OogieBoogieMan pointed out this is a message board. If we're not allowed to talk at all about other companies, then that needs to be pointed out.

On those notes, I am done with this thread. I think Intercot is a great help with WDW vacations, and will continue to return providing I am allowed.

CaptSmee
02-18-2008, 09:28 PM
I appreciate everyone's feedback. I think my question has been answered in a frenzy of posts here! Thank you everyone, I really don't care who the agent is. I have heard good things about both and just wanted to know if it was easier to nab a discount using someone "like" them and it sounds like that would be a resounding yes! Thanks again everyone!:blush:

adoptionislove
02-18-2008, 09:38 PM
wait!!! let me go make some popcorn, I need to keep reading this!!!!!

CaptSmee
02-18-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm giving magicaljourneys.com a try for the 1st time. Intercot hasn't steered me wrong yet! The best news is I am a AAA member, annual pass holder, and have a family member with a disney rewards visa travelling with us so I'm sure to score a discount somewhere!

OogieBoogieMan
02-18-2008, 10:16 PM
I should shut up, but I can't help myself. A moderator jumping in to a thread that is overwhelmingly positive towards MJ with the exception of one poster who also happens to think the other agency is decent as well is about is about as subtle as a sledgehammer. And while deleting the post would clearly be a bit over the edge, stating "We don't direct folks to their competitors. It's pretty simple, really. You wouldn't expect Coke to direct people to Pepsi, would you?" does the job just as well. How can you expect any objective opinions afterwards?

I guess I just didn't see the need for a moderator to jump in, there are plenty of MJ fans on this site to state the case without chasing after someone offering an alternative opinion.

Carol
02-19-2008, 06:57 AM
Yes - this is a discussion board. However, our sponsors pay for the rights to advertise on these boards. It may be free to use to our members - but it's not free to them. No sponsors - no INTERCOT.

It has always been our policy to respect our sponsors. If you want to discuss other travel agencies - then go to their web sites and see what discussion boards they support and do a thread chat about them there.

It's that simple. People have made more out of this then necessary.

If you elect to banter this more - then contact management. It has nothing to do with Accommodations. Lets move on folks............

CaptSmee
02-19-2008, 10:53 PM
It has always been our policy to respect our sponsors. If you want to discuss other travel agencies - then go to their web sites and see what discussion boards they support and do a thread chat about them there.

Before I let this whole thing die down, let me add that finding what boards "support" other travel agencies is a mute point. I would NEVER trust any other discussion boards as much as I do Intercot!

And I do like Pepsi...and Coke (of the diet varieties) and would not drink 1 just because my favorite show allows 1 over the other to advertise during their program. 'nuff said!

Thank you to all, I already have a quote from Wendy at Magical Journeys! :mickey:

Jeff G
02-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Before I let this whole thing die down, let me add that finding what boards "support" other travel agencies is a mute point. I would NEVER trust any other discussion boards as much as I do Intercot!

And I do like Pepsi...and Coke (of the diet varieties) and would not drink 1 just because my favorite show allows 1 over the other to advertise during their program. 'nuff said!

Thank you to all, I already have a quote from Wendy at Magical Journeys! :mickey:

Wendy is great, I just got off the phone with her, she is always looking to get the best deal while helping us creat the perfect trip. I've worked with her on the past four trips (using MJ the past five) and I have always secured the best available deal with no work on my end.

What I've told my friends I've referred to her was to realize the initial quote is just the foot in the door. As the specials are released is when Wendy shines. Last year when the September free dining was released I received an email within 5 minutes of availability that I already was booked. It doesn't get much better than that.

Hopefully you enjoy working with her as much as I have.