PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Thomas Kinkade's Castle Painting

murphy1
02-17-2008, 02:33 PM
All I can say is wow! I finally got to run a couple of errands after being cooped up with this flu, plus we are leaving for Fl, so I had to get stuff. Anyway, we were right next to one of his galleries, I love to look in there. Well, in this room was the gorgeous, incredible painting! The pics on the internet just don't do it justice. He paints the most beautiful colors in the flowers and the blue spires of the castle, I wanted it so bad and they give you $100 off if you have been in the military, but I just couldn't do it. If you get a chance to see the print, do it. The Disneyland painting is great, too. But the castle print is just breathtaking!

jpH/keD
02-17-2008, 04:05 PM
I keep hearing about it but I haven't seen it yet! I haven't even seen it on the internet! Now I will have to at least try that til I can find a store.... Thanks for the description. It sounds beautiful! :thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
02-17-2008, 05:44 PM
I have heard beautiful things about it as well! I cant wait to see it in person!

lindique
02-17-2008, 08:59 PM
They were selling 8 X 10 prints of the painting for $15 at the Art of Disney Stores when I was there in December. They also have post cards for $3. Yes, I came home with both of them. I framed the 8 X 10 print and it is hanging in my bedroom - it is truly gorgeous! So, hopefully you will be able to get it next time you're at Disney!

murphy1
02-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Thanks, lindique, I will definitely check that out. We got to see the huge one in the gallery.

DizNee143
02-19-2008, 02:42 PM
it is really beautiful..
but i couldnt find the postcard of 8x10 when i was there in Nov..but thank god my mom did..she got me the postcard!!
it is an absolutely beautiful painting!!:mickey: