PDA

View Full Version : April 20th To April 27th ( Tell Me About This Week

goofyfan4466
02-17-2008, 12:32 PM
MY FAMILY AND I ARE GOING THE THIRD WEEK OF APRIL,HOW IS THE WEATHER?,HOW ARE THE CROWDS?,ARE THERE STINK BUGS? I HEARD THERE ARE SENIOR NIGHTS,TELL ME ABOUT THEM.I NOTICED THE MAGIC KINGDOM CLOSES EARLY 2 NIGHTS THAT WEEK,AT 7:00 PM.WHERE DO THE SENIORS USUALLY STAY IF THEY ARE THERE THAT WEEK?. WE ARE STAYING AT THE WL!:party:.WE HAVEN'T BEEN THERE SINCE 2004. WE HAVEN'T BEEN TO THE WORLD SINCE 2005,DUE TO A WORK INJURY-( HAD 2 CANCEL 2 TRIPS:mad:,BUT STARTING TO GET EXCITED ABOUT APRIL,SOOO ANY INFO. ON THIS WEEK IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

momof3+twins
02-17-2008, 01:51 PM
This is the time of year that we usually go so I hope I can help you.
The weather is usually pretty hot. You will be able to swim. And the afternoon parades get really hot. There are usually afternoon quick showers and storms. Not bad though.

The seniors are usually very nice and respectfull of small children. I never heard a single bad word. And the boys would call my kids little dude. They are always at the All Star resorts but I am not sure about anywhere else. They tend to sleep late and not cause alot of problems with crowds in the parks. They come in late and make a lot of noise going to their rooms.
I don't even know what a stink bug is so I would say that they are not there that time of year.

Have fun!

saintsiner
02-17-2008, 02:11 PM
We go down nearly every year during the spring break week. I can tell you the crowds are heavy. Wait times on lines could be 60 minutes or more. You will certainly want to use your fast pass.

The weather is just right, somewhere in the 80's on an average, although you can get days in the 70's or 90's as well.

As far as this year, up until a few days ago there were NO rooms available in ANY of the value resorts. This tells me the crowds will be heavy. Yesterday however, a few rooms did open at Pop and ASM. In any case, the nice thing is when there are heavy crowds and long ride lines, you can always catch one of the many other things going on around the park. I find during these times there are more castle shows, character signings, etc....

Last, that week MK closes early on Friday because of the Pirates and Princess party which is an extra ticket if you choose to go. This is open to anyone who wants to pay. Wednesday night MK is closed to the public, so just chosse a different park that day :)

Hope you found this info helpful.

merlinmagic4
02-17-2008, 02:14 PM
It's Spring Break week for Massachusetts and we'll be there (along with no less than four other families that we know). MK is closing early on 4/23 for a Pirate and Princess Party.

The weather is beautiful (if you like hot which we do!) and the swimming is great.

The Unofficial Guide's Crowd Calendar does not have extremely large crowds predicted for that week. Two of the days are rated a 5 out of 10 which is great for a school break week!

Hope you have a wonderful trip; sounds like you deserve it :mickey:

javamama
02-23-2008, 05:20 PM
We went this time last year, it was fine. Great weather, minimal lines, Grad night was our last night there so we flew out, and missed it--but from the pp it doesn't seem too bad. We're going this year 4/13-4/19, so we'll get affected by it this year--oh well we can deal with it--we were all seniors once:D Now some senior citizens maybe worse than the high school crowds;)

playdead88
02-23-2008, 07:08 PM
we are going the same week and staying at the WL! we went that week last year and it was fabulous - minimal wait times for rides - the weather was great - not a drop of rain and the temp avg was 85 - a couple nights watching the fireworks we needed sweatshirts! :mickey:

stephntampa
02-23-2008, 07:25 PM
When you say "stink bugs", do you mean "love bugs"? If so, they usually show up in May. They show up twice a year, May and October. In May '07 they were HORRIBLE in Tampa, but virtually non existent in October. Sometimes they show up early, but you usually have "swarming" in May/October. As an aside, love bugs are completely harmless, just a nuisance.

goofyfan4466
02-23-2008, 07:42 PM
When you say "stink bugs", do you mean "love bugs"? If so, they usually show up in May. They show up twice a year, May and October. In May '07 they were HORRIBLE in Tampa, but virtually non existent in October. Sometimes they show up early, but you usually have "swarming" in May/October. As an aside, love bugs are completely harmless, just a nuisance.
yes i did mean love bugs. we have had problems up here with stink bugs lately. sorry for confusion !!