PDA

View Full Version : Please rate my dining choices!

dizneeat
02-17-2008, 05:34 AM
We have been lucky enough to get the UK free dining offer :cloud9: and are now able to make our ADR's.
Here is what we came up with:
Aug 14 - Cape May Cafe
Aug 15 - Kona Cafe
Aug 16 - Restaurant Marrakesh
Aug 17 - Tokyo Dining
Aug 18 - Artist Point
Aug 19 - Boatwrights (dinner)
Aug 20 - Yak and Yeti
Aug 21 - Liberty Tree Tavern (late lunch)
Aug 22 - Le Cellier
Aug 23 - Tutto Italia
Aug 24 - Ohana
Aug 25 - Captain's Grill
Aug 26 - California Grill
I know we have too many, but we will be paying out of pocket (DDE) for some - need to figure out which ones!
So what do you think of it? Any we have missed, any we should drop? I have not made any ADR's yet, so I am able to change to my hearts content!
Please help and let us know about YOUR favorites! :mickey:

THANKS!!!

Crow
02-17-2008, 07:28 AM
looks like a good assortment.
I would just be sure to make ADRs as soon as possible, esp the popular places like Le Cellier. I waited & theres nothing available for me there.
Ill be eating at a few places on your list next wk, Tokyo Dining, (which I havent been at since the rehab)Artist Pt, CA Grill (2 favorites)
Marrakesh was one of my best meals last trip, so its a possibility this time also
lucky to get the deal! enjoy

disneydeb
02-17-2008, 08:57 AM
You may wish to try Boma. It is my favorite since my trip in October.

You have lots of good choices and some I've not tried before. Enjoy your trip!

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Definitely Boma I love that place.And we like chef Mickeys to.

eyoreswife
02-17-2008, 09:58 AM
we also love bomas have to go each time, also ohana's is on our list in july wich we have gone to before, the rest of your choices we hav'nt done yet but some we will be going to for the first time in july, (le cellier, cape may breakfast)liberty tree we have gone to twice and i have to say i would'nt go again i would much rather crystal palace for a late lunch in the park. good luck

DreamFinder2
02-17-2008, 10:32 AM
I agree w/ the previous poster. I'd nix Liberty Tree Tavern...nothing special, so I think you could better use your DDP "points".

If you're looking for someplace to eat at MK one day, why not monorail over to one of the MK resorts? Or a boat to WL? Whispering Canyon would be a great place for a late lunch and you could just take a quick boat ride over/back.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Good except for Restaurant Marrakesh. I found the food to be very blah. Great entertainment but I wouldn't eat there again. At Epcot I suggest Biergarten or Coral Reef. Both are excellent!

Janmac
02-17-2008, 03:18 PM
We like to eat more than one TS meal a day. We are planning to pay out of pocket for most breakfasts on our next trip. We're thinking of eating most of our breakfasts at our resort but we hope to eat breakfast a couple of times at Crystal Palace and once at Cape May. Our ADR window hasn't quite arrived yet - but it's getting close!

If it's fixed price - like a buffet - I'd suggest paying out of pocket for that meal and leaving the others for the dining plan. We will pay out of pocket for our Trail's End Kitchen supper at Fort Wilderness.

You can also view an approximation of prices at the menu section at Info Central here at Intercot. Then you can get an idea of which meals might be less expensive, and pay OOP for them.

Jan

Nicki'sMom
02-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Cape May Cafe has fantastic breakfast buffet and good character interaction. Ohana is a lot of fun and we really like the food. Those are the ones we have tried from your list. Have a good trip.:mickey:

wdw_bound
02-17-2008, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't bother with Boatwright's - just so-so in my book. Whispering Canyon, on the other hand is on our must-do list. We are also huge fans of Crystal Palace. We loved the breakfast buffet, and tried the dinner for the first time on our last trip - this place has moved to must status.