PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Dunk Contest: Congrats, Dwight!

Emo312
02-17-2008, 02:40 AM
I'm proud to say that Orlando's Dwight Howard :number1: dominated the Slam Dunk Contest this year. He easily deserved the win this year. Heck, he's nearly 7 feet tall and gets some of the sickest air you will see. I heard they were thinking of getting rid of the dunk contest next year. I hope they change their minds after this year. I think the dunk contest, 3 pt shoot-out, and the skills competition are way better than the all-star game itself. Anyone else watch tonight? Blown away?

Emo312
02-17-2008, 02:42 AM
I should really read my posts before i submit them. How is anyone gonna finish reading that after i end every sentence with "this year." Sorry for repeating myself... oi vey.

WDWfanatic742
02-17-2008, 03:35 AM
The team competition was a little off this year but the skills competition was good with the record being beat. The 3 point contest was really good with the ex-Heat player going back to back and tying the record. Then the dunk contest was awesome with Dwight Howard doing about every dunk he did with orginality and never really been seen before.

Melanie
02-17-2008, 06:33 AM
Hooray for team San Antonio! :number1:

I thought the 'birthday cake' was a little much. :unsure: I can honestly see why they may want to do away with the dunk contest.

Mackflava99
02-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Howard was amazing- he had 3 tremendous dunks worthy of top 20 ranking all time-
the superman one was so awsome- but putting the ball off the glass, grabbing it and them slaming it home ? trully breathtaking!!!

yes i did like the Birthday cae one by gereld Greene too-

Besides, Dr J, MJ and dominique- ( who were all in a class by themselves.)
My favorite dunkers were Terrence Stansbury- ( he was in 3 contests, never won one but had alot of imagination) and
2 time winner Jason Richardson- who amazed us with his hang time.
and i cannot forget Spud web !!