PDA

View Full Version : pal mickey

eyoreswife
02-16-2008, 09:55 PM
last year i was all set to buy pal mickey for our trip but when i saw how much he cost i got cheap and did't buy him, we are going back in july and want to know who has bought him and is he worth it? can you bring him with you each trip, or is he only good for the one time?:mickey: thanks everyone

Strmchsr
02-16-2008, 10:32 PM
You can use Pal Mickey every time. The only thing about those is that the newer versions might contain some newer info that the older version does not, but the older version will work just fine. I've heard rumors which I haven't seen completely busted that some of the older ones can be updated. I think that's just a rumor, but it might be true. We never tried to update ours. Just enjoyed it as is.

John
02-16-2008, 10:37 PM
They cannot be updated anymore... they won't do it. If you push the issue at Guest Relations or at The Camera Shop at Exposition Hall on main street, you will most likely be given a new one as we were about a month ago.

Originally, we were told they could be updated when we bought ours. Apparently, they have done away with the devices that could flash the firmware.

My guess is pal mickey is on it's last legs and will be phased out in the next year or so...

eyoreswife
02-17-2008, 09:47 AM
thanks for the help

mousehappy
02-17-2008, 09:55 AM
I think it's still worth it my kids still play with it At home.There are games on it that little ones really love.

eyoreswife
02-17-2008, 11:24 AM
thanks mousehappy

MickeyChick
02-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm not so sure they're being phased out. We just bought one in January and they were pushing 5 or six different outfits for him to change into.

I'm not sure how he works. Is there some sort of memory in him that provides the park info or is it sort of radio broadcast?

DisneyNana
02-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Our has never really worked that well. Not sure without the receipt if we could return it.