PDA

View Full Version : Kids at Presidents & American Adventure?

Dakota Rose
02-16-2008, 08:33 PM
I haven't been to either of these attractions since I was a teenager, so my memories are fuzzy. Is Presidents like Mr Lincoln in DL where you wear headphones? And does either show have enough going on to keep a 4 yo interested?

DisneyFanaticDargon
02-16-2008, 08:35 PM
No, you do not wear headphones at either of these shows but the content is fairly educational and will probably not keep a 4 year old interested for more than 2-3 minutes at most. I know when I saw it at 9 years old I was fidgeting a lot during the show.

NJDad
02-17-2008, 06:03 AM
We have a son who freakishly learned all the names of the Presidents when he was 3 (from watching a video of the HoP) and was mesmerized by the show. (He also has lost most of the knowledge of the list as he moved onto other interests).

In fact, we all beg off from having to go back until the next AA gets elected.

Guess it depends on the kid.

It used to be an E ticket, to see those 'amazing' AAs, so to some kids they'll probably still be amazing.

comicguy
02-17-2008, 07:36 AM
I would skip those two attractions with a 4yo, IMHO:mickey:

PirateLover
02-17-2008, 07:50 AM
I really think it depends on your child. Both attractions are long and I know that plenty of adults get bored by them (unfortunately). While I think it's very important for children to learn history, and I quite enjoy these 2 attractions, I think 4 might be a bit too young for the average child to enjoy them. I do know a 4 year old who would love it, but I know more who would fidget or want to leave after about 5 mins.

poohbearlover15
02-17-2008, 10:55 PM
If your child is mature for his age then take him to see it but if not i would skip it because i think its very boring!:mickey:

alyssašoš
02-17-2008, 11:24 PM
it never caught my attention, my head bobs a lot during that show.:sleepin: but its a nice time to relax in a dark air conditioned room.:fan: its also educational:D. but it really depends on the kid