PDA

View Full Version : Bathrooms Around WDW

RoosMomKanga
02-16-2008, 04:28 PM
:blush:Since there seemed to be a little interest (or laughter :funny:) about my trip report section yesterday on (see my full Trip Reports-"Just Us")
"BATHROOMS
• I’m embarrassed to admit my DH kept teasing me that I could write a “Bathrooms of WDW” Blog. I know where all the best ones, and some of the “Hidden” ones are.
• I’m pushing 50, I’ve had 3 children, I drink too much coffee, and I, considerately I think, worry about the riders under me on Soarin’.":coffee::oops::eek:

I decided to start a post on your favorite bathrooms at the WDW Parks. Which ones are your favorites, and have you found any "Hidden" ones?

I'll start with my new favorite...I love the ones in AK-Conservation Station (just as you enter the building on your right). On the back of the stall door they give "Poop Facts"...I didn't know an elephant:elephant: poops 300# a day (no wonder we saw huge trucks:truck: labled "Manure ONLY" on the train ride out there by the animal pens). A clean bathroom and reading material all in one...what more could you ask for?!

jaredkari
02-16-2008, 05:39 PM
I would have to say my favorite bathrooms are the ones between Space Mountain and CoP. They never seem to be that crowded and we usually run to them right before we go to jump on Space Mountain.

As far as a hidden one, my wife and I on our last trip went on Tom Sawyer Island for the first time. We caught the first boat of the morning over to the island and we went back to the fort. We were literally the only people in the fort for about ten minutes. In the fort there are bathrooms that are very small, only two stalls in each. I was kind of afraid we were using CM restrooms and weren't supposed to be there?? Anyway it was weird not having anyone around back there.:mickey:

RoosMomKanga
02-16-2008, 05:50 PM
In the fort there are bathrooms that are very small, only two stalls in each. I was kind of afraid we were using CM restrooms and weren't supposed to be there?? Anyway it was weird not having anyone around back there.:mickey:

:cool: I didn't know about these! Did you find a paintbrush in there?

I'm looking at my MK park map now, and although some "Restrooms" are labled on the map, this one's a :covered:"Hidden" one. :thumbsup:

sassafras
02-16-2008, 06:07 PM
As you leave The Land, take a right toward the building where Honey I Shruck the Kids is. Instead of heading in, take the path farthest to the right . It looks like you're going to walk into a hedge at the end or go around behind the building. As you get toward the back, (i think there's a wall) turn back to your left, there's restrooms there by the benches. No one is ever in there!:secret:

Darbylew
02-16-2008, 06:29 PM
I guess I don't have any favorite bathrooms at
WDW. I am just happy I know where they all
are.......:D

McGoofy
02-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Ok...this is reminding me of a video that I found on YouTube one time called "Name That Disney Restroom Game." Somebody made one about guessing where Disney bathrooms were. They had footage of the floors or markings on the walls, etc...

Anyway, I have to give another vote to the bathroom behind Journey Into Imagination/Honey I Shrunk the Audience attractions for being the most hidden. It is really hidden back there. The first time that someone told me directions, I wasn't sure I was walking toward the right place.

Now I have to also say that I love all of those hurricane force winds hand dryers at Animal Kingdom. That's the fastest drying ever! My son always loved how it made his skin look like an elephant!:D

AwPhooey
02-16-2008, 07:03 PM
In Epcot, my favorite restrooms are the ones near the old Odyssey restaurant.

The restaurant is tucked away on a side path to World Showcase and, relatively speaking, not too many people use that path. Those who are using the path, if you go from WS to FW, you may not notice the restrooms because of the location of the entrance.

There's nothing special about the restrooms themselves, but it's nice to use one that doesn't have a long line (unlike the ones next to the restaurant at American Adventure).

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-16-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a favourite bathroom!

Mine are the ones next to the Tower of Terror...look so freaky going in, but so new and clean on the inside. Also, I've never been there when they are busy.

In general, the restrooms in the parks are great...the restuarant ones aren't always so good :confused:

jrpersinger
02-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Okay! I need a list of these bathrooms! LOL

Seriously, last trip I was passing kidney stones my entire trip. So I was always having to run to the potty. I refused to sit in the room and miss out on my trip for a little thing like kidney stones! ;) But boy oh boy would it had been nice to know where the extra/hidden bathrooms were!

Pirate Granny
02-16-2008, 08:09 PM
My favorite, which I have to visit each time I'm there (even if I don't have to go) is in AK and is the one just before going into Dinoland,before the bridge before you get to the Dino playground...they have frogs in the ceramic tiles on the floors...they always make me smile and I think of them often and in relation to when my next trip will be so i can go and see them again...i know, very strange, but pretty unique...In MK my favorite is behind POC way in the back on the other side of the store...it's never crowded, no cute tiles though...in EPCOT it's the washroom by the UK...and in HS...my husband and SIL took a picture in the childcare bathroom of the tinest little toilet for young folk...there it is...my favorites...to be fair my dad had to stop at least once a hour, so I imagine i've been in every bathroom, both in the parks and resorts...we took lots of trips and he spent lots of time in them.
:pirate:

WDWFREAK101
02-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Umm... wow? I never knew bathroom were this interesting. :thumbsup: I like Hidden Mickeys but now hidden bathrooms are going to be the topic of my next trip. :mickey: I thought that all bathrooms were located on the map but i guess i was wrong. One of the previous posters talked about the hidden bathrooms at Tom Sawyers Island, i have been there but i didn't use them because i was afraid they were CM places or something. :mickey:

#1donaldfan
02-16-2008, 09:31 PM
This is kinda weird talking about bathrooms, but here goes anyway.......I like the ones at POR Riverside main lobby area....they have the tank above you with the pull chain....very antiqueish looking......:mickey:

Magic Smiles
02-17-2008, 12:02 AM
[QUOTE=RoosMomKanga;1549801"BATHROOMS
• I’m embarrassed to admit my DH kept teasing me that I could write a “Bathrooms of WDW” Blog. I know where all the best ones, and some of the “Hidden” ones are.
[/QUOTE]

Well my DH could write that same blog or even a book right along with you. This is one of our family jokes when vacationing. DH can't seem to pass a washroom by without trying it out. He says it is his medication and that fact that he drinks lots of water. We are starting to wonder:shrug:

wdwnomad
02-17-2008, 01:45 AM
Believe it or not someone has already a webpage dedicated to Disney World bathrooms. They have pictures of them and everything. I can't remember what it was called or anything though. I am sure you can do a search for it.

PirateLover
02-17-2008, 07:56 AM
We have this same running joke with my cousin, except that he is probably even more knowledgable because he tends to... how can I put this... spend considerably more time in the stalls then you probably do;)

I have favorites only by their level of crowdedness. I used to like the bathrooms between Adventureland and Frontierland but they've gotten more crowded in my recent trips. all of my others have been mentioned.
I try to avoid Fantasyland and Liberty Tree Tavern restrooms.

wedway76
02-17-2008, 10:31 AM
When nature calls, my favorite restroom is the one closest to me.

One thing that scares me is that I've been in all of the restrooms that you guys mentioned (except for some of the resort ones). I guess I'm just a "regular" guy.

cgriff
02-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Hey Piratelover, why do you avoid the bathrooms at the Liberty Tree Tavern? That one is my fave!

For those that don't know, the bathrooms there are on the second level. There is a split staircase with treacherously narrow steps leading up to the second floor. The stairs climb up along the side of the common room/waiting area, to a little balcony, and everyone waiting for a table in the restaurant can see you go up, and they know what your doing! LOL. The restrooms themselves are quite small. It actually seems as though restrooms at the LTT were entirely an afterthought. Still, I like to saunter out onto the balcony after I am done, with hands on my belt, saying, "Aaaahhh... that's better!" And then, once everyone in the waiting area down below is staring at me, I react "Oh... sorry," like I didn't realize they were all down there, and then I sheepishly make my way down the little staircase, trying not to trip.

Call me crazy.

cgriff

DreamFinder2
02-17-2008, 10:55 AM
My two favorite bathrooms...

1) California Grille - Very clean, and just inside the doors going out to the 15th floor observation deck on top of the CR. Fun to look out the doors as you're heading to the bathroom and see the top of Space Mountain.

2) Morocco - Nothing special, I just like waiting for my DW next to the water wheel and gardens.

Cool thread...thanks!

Janmac
02-17-2008, 03:00 PM
I don't really have a favorite bathroom - other than as one poster said, the one closest.

One year I had to take a photo of the bathroom at Pioneer Hall because of the ingenious step in front of one of the sinks. It was a wide short wooden rustic looking box, basically, and such a good idea for little ones to get their hands under the water in the sink.

I don't know if that box is still in use or not.

Jan

RoosMomKanga
02-17-2008, 03:33 PM
...they have frogs in the ceramic tiles on the floors...I love the frogs too!

Believe it or not someone has already a webpage dedicated to Disney World bathrooms. They have pictures of them and everything. I can't remember what it was called or anything though. I am sure you can do a search for it.Found it...I admire her dedication! It's not a complete list though; she missed a lot of them you've all found/posted.

Keep 'em comin'!:mickey:

ljv1975
02-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for a great thread! :thumbsup: As a woman who will be 7 months pregnant on our trip, this is very valuable information!!!!

PirateLover
02-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Hey Piratelover, why do you avoid the bathrooms at the Liberty Tree Tavern? That one is my fave!

Lol, I liked your little story. My problem is that the ladies room only has 2 stalls, and once there is more than one person waiting for a stall the area gets incredibly awkward and crowded. That, and they've always seemed to smell :sick:
But I love the restaurant!

LudwigVonDrake
02-17-2008, 08:28 PM
My favorites:
MK -
The one to the left after you walk under the railroad tracks in Town Square. The bathroom between Space Mountain and CoP. The one between Peter Pan and the walkway to Haunted Mansion.

Epcot-
Odyssey bathroom. Not too many people are ever there and you can have some "alone" time :blush:

Studios-
The bathroom by Pizza Planet. The bathroom halfway down Sunset Blvd. on the way to ToT and RnR coaster.

Animal Kingdom-
Do I have one? I'd have to think about that one.

CU Tiger
02-17-2008, 08:37 PM
When I was growing up, my parents would swear that I had to test every bathroom we passed. Fortunately, I have grown out of that stage and just take them as I go. I do not have a preferential bathroom at DW, but I can say that all the ones I have been to have been very clean and well maintained. :thumbsup:

I never thought I would be writing about this subject on Intercot!:shake::mickey:

hubbyofadisneyholic
02-17-2008, 09:37 PM
My wife is always giving me a hard time about not being able to pass by a restroom without stopping in...glad to see I'm not the only one. :blush:

For cleanliness and lack of crowds I like the one on the 2nd floor of Columbia Harbor House and also at the Biergarten (especially after a liter of dark German beer with dinner) :beer:

Tink#64
02-19-2008, 12:16 AM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a favourite bathroom!

Mine are the ones next to the Tower of Terror...look so freaky going in, but so new and clean on the inside. Also, I've never been there when they are busy.

In general, the restrooms in the parks are great...the restuarant ones aren't always so good :confused:

That's the bathroom that I was thinking about reading all of these! I don't know why? Why? Kinda cool though! The only other bathroom that really stands out in my memory is one in AK. We were waiting for the next Festival of the Lion King & sitting out on a bench & and they were to our left. It was sooo dark! It was cool, there were some lantern looking lamps hanging!

A couple of years ago, there were 8 of us together, DM, DB etc & it seemed that no one was on the same bathroom schedule & we laughed during our whole trip- saying that must have visited every bathroom in the parks! :blush:

CaptainSad
02-19-2008, 09:27 AM
This for all your restroom fetishes....lol

http://www.cassworld.ca/photosbathrooms.htm

TheDuckRocks
02-19-2008, 11:15 AM
This is kinda weird talking about bathrooms, but here goes anyway.......I like the ones at POR Riverside main lobby area....they have the tank above you with the pull chain....very antiqueish looking......:mickey:

They're Gone!!!
Sometime in the past year they have done a remodel at both POR & POFQ and all the old fashion potties are gone.:(

bleukarma
02-19-2008, 12:12 PM
It’s funny because I was just at Magic Kingdom on Sunday and me and another friend of mine have small bladders so it seems like we stopped in the bathroom all the time! We were joking that the next time we go we’re going to have to plan on visiting the bathrooms that we didn’t get to see this time around!

I liked the one between Adventureland and Frontierland by PotC because it seemed less crowded and out of the way.

January-2007
02-20-2008, 03:07 PM
The first two that come to mind that I like are in Morocco and Cosmic Ray's... In the Polynesian lobby, but downstairs next to Captain Cook's- it's always less busy than the one upstairs...

This is something I appreciate at WDW though- there's pretty much always a bathroom close by, and there's pretty much never a line because they're so big. Of course there are ones like in the Liberty Tree Tavern that don't quite follow with this theme, but still... We went to Disneyland in December and it seemed like there were hardly any bathrooms where there usually are so many in WDW and I had to wait in a line every single time. They were much smaller in comparison.

This is a great thread. :mickey:

dumbo ears
02-20-2008, 06:03 PM
my favorite would have to be the one behind peter pan

cgriff
02-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the link Captainsad!

pwdebbie
02-20-2008, 09:30 PM
They're Gone!!!
Sometime in the past year they have done a remodel at both POR & POFQ and all the old fashion potties are gone.:(

The bathrooms in the POFQ lobby area were being remodeled when we were there in October 2007. We never saw the kinds of commodes you described.

Deb

dolphinmickey9170
02-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Being a person of a larger size, I do not like to restroom in LTT. It is far too small. However, I am a fan of the restroom in DHS by LMA, it is huuuuuuuuuge. It usually isn't too bad, unless the stunt show has just let out.

Tink#64
02-20-2008, 11:41 PM
This for all your restroom fetishes....lol

http://www.cassworld.ca/photosbathrooms.htm

:cool: I loved looking at those pix! I'm sure I've been in most of those! Thanks for the link!

:funny: Are we weird or what? There are 33 replies to this already! This is my second look at this thread! Only on Interoct! :blush:
:rocks:

RoosMomKanga
02-21-2008, 03:09 PM
:funny: Are we weird or what? There are 33 replies to this already! This is my second look at this thread! Only on Interoct! :blush:
Yep, we are...wierd!

I've already offered a reward to my kids for each public restroom they can find me as we tour in Paris (It's a bit of an issue there).:blush:

splashtest
02-22-2008, 01:37 PM
I miss the powdered soap in all the bathrooms. I used to love it and it make my hands feel extra clean.

The best hidden bathroom is across from POC. Right in the back area of El Pirata y el Perico, and on the second floor of the Columbis Harbour House.

LudwigVonDrake
02-22-2008, 08:07 PM
I miss the powdered soap in all the bathrooms. I used to love it and it make my hands feel extra clean.

I wish they would bring that soap back :)

DisneyLuver91
02-22-2008, 11:20 PM
My favorite is the one by the Maelstrom in Norway. It has just a really ethnic feel to it. It is worth a stop. ;)

Brownie54
02-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Haven't read about my favorite yet. If you walk from the tea cups towards the castle, on the right, it sets back a little. Never crowded so it is usually very clean too. My 2nd vote goes to the second floor of Columbia house. My next trip I will look for that one to the right of Imaginations. Didn't know about that one. Thanks!

PS..... I have thought more than once about starting a thread on this very subject.

AlvyOT08
02-23-2008, 02:19 PM
I love bathroom between pinnochio's village haus and ariel's grotto, becusae it says princess and prince on the top of the women and men's bathroom. so very cool. my friend even took a pic of it. however, i must say that i'm very impressed with the cleanliness of the bathrooms. there's always toilet paper and paper towels and the floors are clean. i mean it's so nice. i don't think i've ever been in a dirty bathroom. onmy last trip, my friend and i were always in the bathroom and i think we hit just about all of them. oh the good times. if we weren't using the bathroom, we were tying our shoe laces. the memories of a trip!! :mickey:

beautifultomorrowgal
02-23-2008, 09:37 PM
I laughed out loud while in the rest room at Restaurantasaurous, all the music had a "bone" theme. Like Allen Jackson's Diggin Up Bones! I just thought it was so appropriate.
I am so amazed at how clean every bathroom was during of visit at the end of January!

EmporerStitch
02-24-2008, 01:26 PM
i was in one of the tommorowland bathrooms and over the intercom i heard stitch looking for lilo....................it was kinda funny, mostly cuz i love stitch:stitch2::stitch:

johnO
02-24-2008, 02:10 PM
The one near SM and CoP. The One by the first aid station definetly. The Ones by splMoun. Electric Umbrella, England Odyssey Bathrooms, the one by Soarin,

mac badger
02-25-2008, 05:07 PM
i dont think anyone's mentioned this one yet...in MK behind the enchanted grove, which is the ice cream counter service between fantasyland and tomorrowland, by the teacups. ive not seen them crowded, convenient location, and near ice cream(i just think everything should be near ice cream)

dteed
02-25-2008, 06:14 PM
What a neat thread, my fav is the one that is closest when I need it.

Hull-onian
02-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Great Topic. Bathrooms, the hidden gems. I think I have found em all.:funny:

teambricker04
02-26-2008, 09:29 PM
When I was growing up, my parents would swear that I had to test every bathroom we passed. Fortunately, I have grown out of that stage and just take them as I go. I do not have a preferential bathroom at DW, but I can say that all the ones I have been to have been very clean and well maintained. :thumbsup:

I never thought I would be writing about this subject on Intercot!:shake::mickey:

That is hilarious. My brother was 8 when we first went to Disney and it was the first time we had seen auto flushers. He was so amazed by them that we visited every restroom we saw!

Now I have favorties for different reasons. First, we go for clean baby changing areas and the ability to take in a stroller. We really love the child care areas, and will walk miles for them!!! Then we go for quiet. Clean is always a must, so should it be mentioned??

I like the "hidden" ones by Imagination. Also in EPCOT there are some stand alone companion bathrooms across from MS and TT, and then on the other side across from the land. We like these, but only use them in situations, if you know what I mean.

Last time we were at MK ALL the bathrooms were rather gross.

DisneyDudet
02-26-2008, 10:21 PM
This reminds me of a thread I started a few months ago!

http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=115158&highlight=bathrooms

It got quite a few responses!

DisneyDudet
02-26-2008, 10:23 PM
i was in one of the tommorowland bathrooms and over the intercom i heard stitch looking for lilo....................it was kinda funny, mostly cuz i love stitch:stitch2::stitch:

I've heard that too! Its so cute!

monkeycity
02-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Well, I haven't seen this one on yet. When we first enter MK in the morning, we always, always stop at the bathroom behind Crystal Palace. It's kind of at the end of Main Street toward the castle and to the left around the corner as you look at the castle. One time, DS (then he was 3) and I were waiting (as usual) outside of the restroom, and a group of CM's dressed in their "Gay 90's" attire came strolling by, ready to start a show on Main Street. Well, they stopped and just oohed and aahed over DS. The girls left lipstick kisses on his forehead! He was giggling for awhile after that! :cloud9:

Well, I gotta go...

Belle_0717
02-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Bathrooms in general have been an obsession. My grandmother started my DSis and I out at a young age. We continue to talk about bathrooms with my Great Aunt (grandmother's sis).

My fave Park B-Rooms: MK
Top 5s
1. PoC
2. Btwn Adventureland and Frontierland &
Liberty Square
3. Walkway to EPCOT from Resort Bus area
4. At DS next to Pizza Planet
5. AK across from Flame Tree

I have grown fonder of bathroom with my DNephew in Oct. Now we have to change a diaper - better make sure everything is spotless.