PDA

View Full Version : Goat Trick

tinkwest
02-16-2008, 02:58 PM
I read in the LA Times that the goat on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad should be back in a couple of weeks. I hope this is correct. I miss the goat. He is my favorite part of one of my favorite rides. (We need a goat smilie)

Mufasa
02-17-2008, 12:25 AM
Yes, the goat will be returning. When it left it certainly brought out all of the conspiracy theorists as to its disappearance. Maybe the goat finally chewed a bit too much on that dynamite?

Actually it just needed a freshening up of its coat.

Hurray for the goat trick!

spooky_kitten
02-18-2008, 12:06 AM
yay! i missed the goat! :D

brertosh
02-23-2008, 05:48 AM
I love the goat trick, it is so cool. Feels like your having an out of body expierence!! Welcome back Goat!!!!!

Melanie
02-23-2008, 08:25 AM
:sick:

Although my boys love it!

spooky_kitten
03-08-2008, 02:21 PM
the goat is back! i went to DL yesterday and he was back! he's got a great new coat of fur on him. :D

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
03-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Have tried this many times and doesn't really work for me. Maybe I have been on it too many times.

DisFan01
03-27-2008, 07:43 PM
Okay, never been to Disneyland here, and I just have to ask...what's the goat trick that's so great? :confused:

Is it at WDW too?

DisneyFanaticDargon
04-24-2008, 12:16 PM
I worked at Big Thunder Mountain at MK when I was on the College Program and we had goats but none that were chewing on dynamite so this must be a DL only thing.

Mufasa
04-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Let me see if I can explain the "goat trick".

Just as you crest over the second lift hill on Big Thunder at Disneyland, to your right, atop one of the buttes sits the dynamite chewing goat.

The track curves down to the right, so the idea behind the goat trick is to turn your head and maybe position your upper body so you keep your eyes locked on the goat as a point of reference the entire time you pass through the curve.

tinkwest
04-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Additional . . . IMO . . . best from the last car.

ghoofie
04-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Additional . . . IMO . . . best from the last car.

Absolutely. Best from last car.. AND...
you can experience the goat trick for the entire ride, by sitting in the last car and looking backward for the entire ride. Not knowing exactly what to expect from turns and drops, it makes it an entirely new ride.

NotaGeek
04-25-2008, 08:27 PM
I do believe that facing backwards for an entire ride is against the rules at DLR and can in fact be very dangerous... :nono:

INTERCOT does't condone breaking rules at the park ... even for a cool experience. :mickey:

ghoofie
05-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Wasn't aware that looking' backwards was a problem, as long as you are sitting forward. The goat trick is looking back too, so that would be wrong too. I would never condone doing anything unsafely. I'd be curous to know if there is 'a rule' that says "no looking backwards". So if that is illegal, the entire idea of 'the goat trick' , regardless of how short a period you are 'looking backwards' is illegal.

DoomBuggyDude
05-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Wasn't aware that looking' backwards was a problem, as long as you are sitting forward. The goat trick is looking back too, so that would be wrong too. I would never condone doing anything unsafely. I'd be curous to know if there is 'a rule' that says "no looking backwards". So if that is illegal, the entire idea of 'the goat trick' , regardless of how short a period you are 'looking backwards' is illegal.

The prior posting was for those that may get the idea to face backwards.
You can look in any direction you'd like. :)

Thank you.

ghoofie
05-14-2008, 06:51 PM
The prior posting was for those that may get the idea to face backwards.
You can look in any direction you'd like. :)

Thank you.

Exactly.

Mousemates
06-01-2008, 12:22 AM
Yes, the goat will be returning. When it left it certainly brought out all of the conspiracy theorists as to its disappearance. Maybe the goat finally chewed a bit too much on that dynamite?

Or perhaps he returned to the Andy Griffith Show...remember the episode "The Loaded Goat" where Barney has lead to him (a dynamite eating goat) out of town as a Pied Piper:mickey: