PDA

View Full Version : Groceries for hotel room?

avalon451
02-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Hi, we are planning our FIRST ever Disney trip March 24th-28th. DH, myself, 3 DD's (12, 10 and 6) will be staying at the DGCH. We are so excited!! In planning our trip we decided that we would like to take advantage of our early entry access and since park hours are 8-midnight that week, that means getting up at o' dark-thirty to be at the turnstiles early. So we want to get milk, cereal, fruit etc. to keep in our room, to expedite the whole breakfast thing. Having never been in the area before, we are wondering if there is a grocery store within walking distance. Or if there is one within walking distance of one of the outer parking lots where the trams run. We won't have a car.
Thanks for any help!

*tinker_belle*
02-15-2008, 09:11 PM
I read this on another Disney forum but apparently the Anaheim area Vons and Albertsons stores deliver to your hotel if you want to eliminate the hassle of trying to find them. There is also reportedly a Target quite a ways down on Harbor Blvd.
Maybe someone here can offer those grocery store addresses or phone numbers if you want to contact them about delivery.

tinkwest
02-16-2008, 02:32 PM
I believe there is a Food 4 Less about a mile or two west on Katella. That is closer than the Target on Harbor if I remember correctly. There are quite a few 7-Elevens that are closer if you don't mind shopping there.

avalon451
02-17-2008, 09:49 PM
You're right, it looks like there is a 7-11 quite close. I don't mind paying convenience store prices for a quart of milk for once.
Grocery delivery looks great, except I think you have to order a minimum of $50.
Thanks for your help!:mickey:

NotaGeek
02-17-2008, 10:38 PM
There is a very useful convenience store RIGHT across the street on Harbor. It's located at the Tropicana Inn and Suites and I visit the store almost everytime I am at the park. Their water is cheap, they have lots of food options (including milk, cereal, bread, PB&J ... everything!

If you walk across the Esplanade and head towards Harbor Blvd. ... at the cross walk it's just 1 hotel left on the opposite side of the street:

Tropicana Inn and Suites
1540 S. Harbor Drive
Anaheim, CA 92802

I believe you can also shop at Vons.com (http://shop.safeway.com/superstore/default.asp)(it's part of the Safeway chain) and they deliver groceries ... you might want to check that out as well.