PDA

View Full Version : First night dinner

JennyAnne
02-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Any thoughts on where to eat dinner our first night at WDW? I am going with my boyfriend and while we have both been to WDW, this will be our first trip together. It has to be somewhere outside the parks because we will not be activating our park tickets until the next morning.

We are both open to anything (seafood, steaks, etc.) so any recommendations are welcomed!

Thanks!
:mickey:

#1donaldfan
02-15-2008, 04:52 PM
If it were me and I was staying at either of the POR's I would grab one of the boats heading to DtD and eat at Fulton's....now that is a great way to start a fabulous vacation.......!!!!!!!

jpH/keD
02-15-2008, 04:56 PM
We always start our trip off w/ some Mickey time at Chef Mickey's! The buffet is regular American style and a side of the Mouse and friends!

OR if you want fun but no characters you could try Whispering Canyon Cafe. Its still casual but the food is more substantial!

OR if you are going for slightly upscale from those I would try Boma. My kids will never go there simply because they are picky but maybe the 2 of you would like that! Some day my DH and I will try this alone!!! Have fun!!!

Darbylew
02-15-2008, 06:25 PM
We live in Florida so we drive. We get there
late in the afternoon of the first day and stop
at DTD for supper. We eat at Wolf Gang Puck's
Express and then shop a little before we go to
our resort. There are lots of good places to eat
at DTD. :thumbsup:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK
MARCH 31 FOR A WEEK. CAN'T WAIT TO GET
BACK IN THE LAND OF MICKEY AND THE MAGIC.
:mickey: :magic:

moe513
02-15-2008, 06:38 PM
We like to go to Ohanas the first night. If you schedule it right you can watch the fireworks from magic kingdom from the lagoon or fron inside Ohanas. Also the electric light parade goes by.

Tygger7
02-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Another vote for Whispering Canyon (WL)! Also, not sure what your budget is, but a wonderful romantic first dinner would be California Grill.

Jared
02-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Jenny, I'm so glad to see you on the boards! Where have you been? I've been looking for your posts and ending up disappointed. Perfect timing, too, with Spring Training starting. Do you think Cleveland can win another division title considering Detroit's big offseason trade?

Anyway, I forgot you actually asked a question about Disney.

Where are you staying? And will you have a car? Those are probably the two most important questions to ask first.

Virtually all my favorite restaurants -- Boma, 'Ohana, Kona Cafe -- are in resorts, not parks. What's your budget like? If you're looking for something more casual, consider the places I named already. California Grill or Artist Point are perfect places for a romantic first night dinner.

Also, you could try a place at Downtown Disney and enjoy a night out afterward if you aren't too tired from traveling.

Stay in touch this time!

:tasty:

Hull-onian
02-15-2008, 07:32 PM
We love to go to DTD and eat at the Rainforest Cafe. We do not get desert there, however.
We go to Ghiradelli's for an ice cream sundae. Very romantic!!!!:blush:

WDW24
02-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Honestly, I like to eat at Beaches & Cream.

We fly out early in the morning, so it's nice to just relax at night after a short day in the parks, and maybe some time in the pool.

But unfortunately, our past trip it was very crowded and we waited an hour just to fit 6 people on the counter.:confused:

So on our way out we asked the manager what time to come, and he said around 5:30ish.:thumbsup: So were are still going to do it this year.

browneyedgirl12
02-16-2008, 09:47 AM
We have a tradition and on the first night at Disney we order a pizza nad have it delivered to our room. I personally love their pizza. :mickey:

Natazu
02-16-2008, 02:18 PM
We tend to start off our trips with 'Ohana or Kona. Great food, easy to get to, close to fireworks.

Dakota Rose
02-16-2008, 09:14 PM
'Ohana is also our first night tradition. I highly recommend it.

DreamFinder2
02-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Lots of good suggestions so far...

One consideration for me is that I generally try to find a place that's relatively east to get to - using WDW transportation. Since it's the first day, we've probably already had our fill of travel (and people) and so I try to find somewhere that's a quick boat/monorail ride away...not a 45-minute bus ride away :mickey:.

We save THAT fun for the next day :(.

mrsgaribaldi
02-17-2008, 05:28 AM
You could go to DTD and walk around the market place and hit the Earl for dinner. I love the Earl:thumbsup:

azdisneymom
02-18-2008, 02:21 PM
There are a few places I would suggest. The first is Earl of Sandwich at DTD, good food, good prices. The second is Shula's Steakhouse at the Dolphin Resort. Expensive but great atmosphere and even better food. Lastly - Our family traditionally eats at BOMA our first night. Never have been disappointed once. Cost is a little less than $30 per person.

Nicki'sMom
02-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Grand Floridian Cafe has really good food, being just the two of you that would be nice. Or how about Naroossee's for seafood?

Kairi_7378
02-19-2008, 08:57 AM
The DTD restaurants will probably be the easiest to get to via Disney transportation. There are some good options there. My husband and I like to splurge a little bit and have a "special" dinner on our first night. Kona Cafe or Artist's Point would be good options for this.

SurferStitch
02-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Our tradition for our first night at WDW is to dine at Narcoossee's. This is because it was the very first restaurant we ate at on our honeymoon, which was our first trip together to WDW.

Narcoossee's is actually our favorite place on property (after V&A), and will be our first dining experience on our next trip in May. We love it so much, we actually booked two meals there for that trip!

The seafood is phenomenal there, as is the filet. Service is top notch...they treat you like royalty! Time it right, and you can watch the fireworks from there. :thumbsup:

Septbride2002
02-19-2008, 11:18 AM
If you are like me then you don't feel you are in Disney until you see an Icon - like th castle, spaceship earth, the hat - etc. So I would probably head to one of the resturants at the MK resorts - you can do a spin on the monorail and grab some dinner. You can go to the poly beach or the GF beach and watch the fireworks - if they are scheduled.

I love Ohana's - but Kona is equally excellent. Also Narccossee's or Citrico's if you are looking for a higher priced option. 1900 Park and Fare with Cinderella might be fun if you are in the mood for characters.

~Amanda