PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about park tickets

JennyAnne
02-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi everyone!

I have been to WDW several times but as you can tell by my signature, it's been awhile. My boyfriend and I are looking to stop at WDW on our way down to Marco Island this summer. We are thinking about two days in the parks (Magic Kingdom and Epcot) and three nights at one of the hotels. I guess I'm just looking to see what (if anything) has changed in the last four years. I am guessing there are no park hoppers for that short of an amount of time, so I am thinking that we will each have to get two one-day passes. Is that correct? And can anyone make a recommendation as to where to get the tickets? I know they have them through AAA, but I didn't know whether we could find a better priced ticket anywhere else.

Thanks in advance for your help!

:mickey:

Bethis26fan
02-15-2008, 04:00 PM
You can get park hopper for 2 day tickets.

Beast_fanatic
02-15-2008, 04:50 PM
2 one-day tickets will be much more expensive than 1 two-day ticket, so I definitely wouldn't go that route. As stated above, it is possible to get park hopping on a 2-day ticket, but for that short of a time, it might be better to focus on one park per day so long as you're OK with just going to the 2 parks.

I'm not sure that you'll be able to get a 2-day ticket anywhere other than at WDW because most places don't sell anything less than a 3-day pass.

JennyAnne
02-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Hi Rhonda!

Do you know if those 2-day tickets are available through AAA or will we have to wait until we get down there? I'm someone who generally likes to have everything set in advance, but if we have to wait, that's not a problem. We don't need the hopper option...I think we were just planning on doing MK the one day and Epcot the other.

Thanks!

NJ Camper
02-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Did you check into a package deal sometimes you get a better deal when we went we priced all seperate then checked into a package we have found that sometimes the package is cheaper but not always good luck :mickey:

Tygger7
02-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Not to sound like a broken record, but I'd check with Magical Journey's even for a short stay. They will be able to find you the best deal and can help you with all the logistics. I've heard a LOT of negative feedback on working with AAA. MJ is totally free to use, so you have nothing to lose by giving them a chance to quote your trip. :mickey:

JennyAnne
02-15-2008, 07:56 PM
We actually contacted MJ this afternoon and Debbie was in touch with me already! I have used them before and they did a great job. I was just trying to get some information before I started bothering them.

Thanks for all of your input!

:mickey:

PhilHarHarMagic
02-16-2008, 08:41 AM
I've been doing some research on tickets for our upcoming trip. While I fully support Intercot's Sponsors when I can (I love MJ), it seems like buying tickets directly from disneyworld.com ahead of time is as efficient as any other method. Some of the ticket services include tax in the price, some don't - some charge more for shipping, lot's of variables.

I read somewhere that AAA was the cheapest pre-sales ticket price - I called my local AAA office (in Texas) she said she goes to the WDW site and buys them from there.

Your mileage may vary...

DreamFinder2
02-16-2008, 10:58 AM
There are several reputable "discount" WDW ticket sellers on the internet. I used one for our upcoming trip in March, and the transaction went fine. I don't think I can post links etc. here, but if you PM me, I can give you the info.

However, I just checked the site I used and the minimum length they offer is a 3-day base ticket or park hopper.