PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom Board Game

PirateLover
02-15-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm pretty sure there was a post about this a while ago but the search feature isn't working for me...

Who owns this game? I picked it up on a whim and actually gave it to my fiance for Valentine's Day! We played a few games last night while listening to park music and had a blast (he's 24, I'm 22 ;))

Basically what the game entails is drawing cards for attractions, then visiting all of your attractions and exiting the park before the other player. If you get certain cards you can send the other player to first aid, info center, etc. You can also get Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck autographs. The board features pieces that pop up from the board...like Space Mountain, Pirates, Main Entrance, Castle....

Oh yea the Castle!! This is what I'm really posting about. It's the Magic Kingom game but it features Sleeping Beauty Castle, not Cinderella! I find that a bit odd. It also features Tarzan's Tree House instead of Swiss Family Robinson, and "Autopia." However it also features Carousel of Progress, TTA and WDW versions of rides. I just found that weird... anyone know the scoop on that one?

DisneyDog
02-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Maryanne,
I actually had this game when I was a kid, back in the 70's. I don't know if it's the same exact game, but I did see it recently at Toys R Us and had a good laugh about it. I was pretty little when I had it and I don't think I was ever able to set it up properly to play it. There was a monorail, and it was very challenging to put together. Hopefully the newer version is easier and less work intensive.:mickey:

Strmchsr
02-15-2008, 02:33 PM
We enjoy it a lot. My DS7 wants to play it constantly. It's a fun way to imagine being at the park and when your piece stops on different rides we talk about our favorite part of that ride or a specific memory about it.

PirateLover
02-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Maryanne,
I actually had this game when I was a kid, back in the 70's. I don't know if it's the same exact game, but I did see it recently at Toys R Us and had a good laugh about it. I was pretty little when I had it and I don't think I was ever able to set it up properly to play it. There was a monorail, and it was very challenging to put together. Hopefully the newer version is easier and less work intensive.:mickey:

It's actually pretty simple, and nothing really needs to be assembled, you just pop the pieces onto slots:thumbsup:

poohbearlover15
02-15-2008, 02:59 PM
I have the magic kingdom game and i wasnt impressed with it. I think its kind of confusing but I still play it if i need a fix. lol:mickey:

Deesdisney
02-15-2008, 03:07 PM
We have had this game for awhile. We love it.

tink2006
02-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Sounds fun! Do you know where I can get this?

McGoofy
02-15-2008, 03:25 PM
We've had this game for a couple of years now. We purchased ours from Toys R Us. My 9 year old still loves to play. When it is just the 2 of us playing, we split the deck of cards in half to make the game last longer. You can figure out where the other person needs to go by doing it that way, but it does make for a slightly longer play time. I always think of this game when we are really in the Magic Kingdom trying to figure out the best way to get from point "A" to point "B" when we have fastpasses and such. Oh, and yes, I too thought it was strange that the attractions from DL and WDW were combined. At any rate, the game is a lot of fun!:thumbsup:

PirateLover
02-15-2008, 04:31 PM
I have the magic kingdom game and i wasnt impressed with it. I think its kind of confusing but I still play it if i need a fix. lol:mickey:
Yea, if you're like me you just wanna get started on something! Reading directions is no fun. However once you do sit down and read through them, it's a simple concept. The only thing I'm not keen on are the size of the "stepping stones." I wish they were a bit bigger, it can be easy to miss one.

Sounds fun! Do you know where I can get this?
Toys R Us, and Amazon (Although I just looked at the pic on Amazon and the board is slightly different than mine???) It is by Hasbro.

We've had this game for a couple of years now. We purchased ours from Toys R Us. My 9 year old still loves to play. When it is just the 2 of us playing, we split the deck of cards in half to make the game last longer.
Yea, after the first game we took two cards for each section, and talked about just using all the cards when we have more time.

DisneyFreak23
02-15-2008, 04:32 PM
I have this game and my brother and i love to play it!

laughingplace<3
02-15-2008, 08:10 PM
I don't have it, but I have Disney theme park edition monopoly. I remember reading about this game and still need to purchase it. They also have a bunch of other Disney themepark board games... to my knowledge, a monorail boardgame and something else. I have had my eyes set on all of the Pirates games;) They're just realllllly expensive- $40-$50.

Mousefever
02-16-2008, 12:00 AM
We love our Magic Kingdom game. I would LOVE to see the Epcot game, Hollywood Studios game, and Animal Kingdom game!

:dory:

brownie
02-16-2008, 11:18 AM
We enjoy it.

Disneyland Park is also know at the Magic Kingdom, so it's not surprising to see elements from both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

PirateLover
02-16-2008, 12:26 PM
We enjoy it.

Disneyland Park is also know at the Magic Kingdom, so it's not surprising to see elements from both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
It isn't the Disneyland Magic Kingdom, it's just Disneyland. I think that before WDW's MK, Disneyland was unofficially referred to as "The Magic Kingdom" but it was never an official name. Perhaps that's what you meant though. I don't really have a problem with it in the game, just found it odd.

tinksmom02
02-16-2008, 10:20 PM
My friend got the game for DD5 for Christmas. She really got it for her because she knew I would like it ;) I think it's really fun to play, especially when I'm in that "we should be planning a trip" mood LOL

DD liked it OK, but she's at that stage where the shorter games (ie Guess Who? Disney version LOL, Go Fish, etc.) hold her interest better than the longer games (MK, Monopoly, Jr.).

She'll probably enjoy it more as she gets older.

Tink#64
02-18-2008, 11:41 PM
We have this game & we love it! We also bought ours at Toys 'R Us.

We also have both the 1st & 2nd editions of the Disney Scene It Games & Disney Trivia Pursuit! We play a lot of board & dvd games at our house & we especially love playing all of our Disney games! :thumbsup: