PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP-Costume Ideas?

OhToodles!
02-15-2008, 12:37 PM
So we're planning on going to MNSSHP and I'm trying to figure out what costumes to wear. It will be DH, DS (1), and me (plus 2 sets of grandparents, but I don't know if they'll dress up). I was kind of hoping to have a theme (same characters from a movie or something similar). I was thinking maybe Captain hook, Peter Pan, and Wendy or maybe Woody, Jessie, & Buzz or Will Turner, Elizabeth Swan, and a baby pirate.
Does anyone have any suggestions of what we could be or like from the ones listed above? Also since it may still be rather warm (we're going early Oct) I want to keep that in consideration, especially for DS.
(P.S. I really don't want to be 'The Incredibles')

TIA!!

MMouse6937
02-15-2008, 12:45 PM
7 of you? The dwarfs!!

Actually we didn't dress up but I wanted to do something halloween so we all got the same halloween t-shirts and these blinking pumpkin necklaces. We got a lot of compliments and people thought it was cute we were dressed a like.

Good luck with ideas, just be careful, like you said, it's HOT and I wouldn't have wanted to have a big costume on.

OhToodles!
02-15-2008, 12:53 PM
The matching T-shirts is a good idea. We could all get a shirt with a different dwarf. :mickey:

JPooh
02-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Well if you want to stand out, don't do pirates. We went last halloween and by far their was more pirates (including whole families)than anybody. Also Jack & Sally are popular and their were a lot of HSM cheerleaders.

Quasimodo
02-15-2008, 04:16 PM
I agree with JPooh that there were a lot of pirates last year. Including us! However, pirate costumes are very easy and cheap to put together. If you keep the costume simple, it shouldn't be hot either.

For a simple pirate costume you can get a black and white or red and white striped pullover shirt, a pair of black scrub pants, and a black or red head scarf. Cut jagged edges in the scrub pants so that the pants come down to the tops of your ankles. Then wear some sneakers or sandals with it. Voila! Instant pirate costume. You could add a waist sash to make it look even better.

If you want something a little more elaborate, there are a lot of pirate costumes and accessories available at online costume stores.

jennbunn
02-16-2008, 12:02 PM
we are doing toy story theme. dh is going as woody, i am going as jessie, and ds is going as buzz. my mil is going to make our costumes. i can't wait for the party!!!