PDA

View Full Version : How Many Days on Your AP?

DisneyTwinsMommy
02-15-2008, 09:49 AM
I know that it is economically cheaper to purchase an AP if you go for more than 10 days in any given year...

How many days to you typically get out of your AP per year??

We go 3 times per pass (twice in a calender year, and then once the next year) Ex, We are going in May 08, Dec 08, and April 09...

We typically go for 7-10 days each trip, so that's 21-30 park days used per pass... not bad I think...

What about you??? :mickey3: :minnie:

ibrowse17
02-15-2008, 10:05 AM
We activated our newest AP's in back in Dec, and have 13 days on them so far with another trip booked for July. The end of that trip would put 20 days on them. I would guess the closer you live to Disney the more days it would be:thumbsup:

Taja
02-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Between distance from WDW, airfare and scarce vacation time, I have to base my AP on breaking even one one WDW visit (room discounts plus park entrance). If I'm lucky, I'll manage a second visit with it.

The last one I managed 16 days (2 visits). Between room discounts on the two trips (one room on the first trip, two on the second), it more than paid for itself.

The previous one (2003-2004), I also managed 2 visits, for a total of 18 days (one room per visit). AP room only discounts were higher and park tickets were structured differently, so I really saved money on those two visits!

PlutoToo
02-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Last year we went for 3 weeks during Nov/Dec. A week at the F&G show in May, and 2 weeks before Thanksgiving this year. Prob'ly won't go this year, but next year.......

Jeff
02-15-2008, 10:00 PM
We got 22 days on ours, in 3 trips back in 2000/2001.:mickey:

Not2Loud
02-18-2008, 09:59 AM
I probably got around 15 days on mine this past year.

However, the savings on the lodging on 5 trips more than paid for the AP. I travel through MCO several times a year on business. If I have to stay overnight in the area, I would just assume stay at WDW. In July, I was able to get POFQ for under $150 a night. Assuming I would spend close to that in a regular hotel, it doesn't bother me in the least.

The funny part, my wife loves the fact that I stay at WDW when I travel down there. She knows I am in the parks as soon as I can change clothes after work is done. She never has to worry what I am doing! (Not that she worries anyways.)

The AP is freedom for me in some ways. There were trips last year where I was done with business by 2-4 PM and didn't fly out till 9:30 PM. I head into the parks for a few hours and have some fun then still get to sleep in my own bed that night.

The craziest trip was last month. I had a last minute 1-day trip. I flew out at 6:30 AM and got to MCO at 8 AM. I rented the car and headed up to Ocala (1.5 hr drive) and had my meetings and was out of Ocala by 2 PM or so. I went straight to WDW and decided on Disney Hollywood Studios to ride ToT and RnR. Did those and had time to stroll around and enjoy myself before heading to the airport. I got on the plane and was in bed by midnight. While it was a long day, it was great to have a few magical moments there at the park.