PDA

View Full Version : Wi - Fi in the park

larjani
02-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Hello: I think I read a post that they sell some sort of Mickey Doll that gets Wi-Fi updates and then relays some sort of audible message related to park information. If this is true, is this service compatible with handheld devices? I'm debating on wether to take a Palm T|X. Real time park updates would be invaluable.

If that service is not available, do the parks have wi-fi available?

Thanks

CaptainSad
02-15-2008, 08:56 AM
It's called Pal Mickey. I don't know if WiFi is in the parks. For the life of me I can't see taking a Laptop in the parks or those other devices. If it is for work while your on vaction, you probably shouldn't be there in the first place.

DizneyRox
02-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Pal Mickey was IR if I recall correctly, not WiFi.

If there is any WiFi hotspots in the parks, they are for Disney Co use only, not guests...

I think what you are referring to is a recent test using modified Nintendo DS machines. As far as I know, this was a pilot and is currently not being run right now. it might pop back up for more testing, but the infrastructure only exists in the MK right now. It would take a considerable investment to get it into the other parks, so not something I would expect in the near future.

wedway76
02-15-2008, 11:38 AM
I don’t know for fact, but I'm sure Pal Mickey must use some kind of proprietary signal and/or network protocol.

I’ve always thought it would be nice if all the Disney Resorts had free WiFi.

DisFan01
02-15-2008, 12:25 PM
WELCOME TO INTERCOT! :party:

I think what you are talking about is Pal Mickey.

I really don't think they have Wi-Fi in the parks.

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

KAJUNKING
02-15-2008, 12:59 PM
i really dont see the need for wi-fi in the parks