PDA

View Full Version : I literally got hit by a Mack truck!

sleepingbooty
02-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Shari's post about feeling like she got hit by a Mack truck reminded me to post what happened to me last week:

I was driving down a 4-lane road on my way to take my brother to the doctor's, when I realized I needed to get over to the right, as my lane was going to turn into a left-turn lane. So I looked, put on my blinker, then got over. A couple seconds later, a big honk. Then, after I came to a stop at the light, I looked in my rear view mirror and I can see the big delivery truck (yes, it was actually a Mack) coming up on me - and it hit me! I couldn't believe it! I saw him before I got over, and there was most definitely enough space and time before the light, or I'd have never have gotten over. Even my brother thought he rear-ended me on purpose. Then he drove off! Long story short, he eventually came back, just as the cops were getting there. Luckily, the officer handled everything and I didn't have to talk to the guy - but he told the officer that I cut him off. I guess they insurance companies will have to sort it out. Thankfully, we weren't hurt. And now I can say in all honesty that I feel like I was hit by a Mack truck!

joanna71985
02-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Oh my goodness, how scary! Thank goodness you are ok.

SgtTigger
02-14-2008, 08:49 PM
WOW a real mack truck.... glad you were not hurt.... That could have been bad......

:cop: :tigger:

RedSoxFan
02-14-2008, 08:59 PM
WOW -- That was scary. Glad you're OK.

Dakota Rose
02-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Glad you're okay!

At least now you have a great new conversation starter, "I was hit by a Mack truck once."

PirateLover
02-15-2008, 01:15 AM
Wow, glad you're ok! My fiance was once sideswiped by a Mack truck. The guy just starting coming into his lane, no directional. John beeped at him but the guy didn't stop. John couldn't swerve because there was traffic in the other lane. And just like with your story, the guy actually tried to drive away! John had a passenger in the car and they were honking and yelling at him and he finally pulled over. It was like pulling teeth to get his info but I think they called the cops and eventually it all was made right. But there are some shady people driving those trucks sometimes...

mrsgaribaldi
02-15-2008, 01:31 AM
I'm glad you're ok. :mickey:

pogo
02-15-2008, 07:36 AM
Thank God you were not hurt and you're here to share your story with us ! :thumbsup:

Cars can be replaced but we'd miss your smiling face . :D

bleukarma
02-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Wow how scary!!! I'm glad you're ok!!!!!

January-2007
02-15-2008, 08:53 AM
I am so glad you are okay!!! What a scary thing to have happen!

murphy1
02-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Oh Rebecca, how scary!!! Glad you are okay. My neighbor got hit by a semi last month! He teaches handicapped people how to drive and he was in SC on the on ramp. This semi come up on him and the load was unstable, she tried to veer off to the grass, but ended up falling on his van! The van was worth 100K and totalled but he walked away with not a scratch.

Today, I just feel like I was hit by a minivan, better, but still not great:D

diz_girl
02-15-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm so glad that you're OK.

Hopefully, the police officer will buy your story over the truck driver's, since he drove away from the scene of the accident in the first place. He was probably on his cell phone at the time that you changed lanes and wasn't paying attention to traffic.

mtown71
02-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Wow..that is very scary! Glad you weren't hurt! The cop didn't site you, did he? He shouldn't, esp. if the truk driver drove off at first.

DisneyDog
02-15-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm glad that you are okay. How scary! Accidents are awful. I'm still feeling the effects of an accident I had almost 13 years ago, and I guess I'll be feeling those effects my entire life. Nothing broken, all muscular, which in my opinion is worse since muscles don't really ever heal.

tinkerbell04
02-18-2008, 06:36 PM
How scary! I am glad that you are ok.:mickey: