PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever rented a Sea Raycer??

Speedy1998
02-14-2008, 06:44 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has rented a Sea Raycer. Are they worth the $25 for the half hour?

mickey&missy
02-14-2008, 07:29 PM
DH and DS took one out last trip from WL. They had a blast. DH even let DS (4 years old) drive for a minute :secret:

Our package for our March trip has a voucher for 90 minutes for the price of 60. I think 90 minutes might be a little long. But, DH and DS went over by the wedding pavilion at GF (there was a wedding getting pictures taken at the time and DH said he didn't realize what they were doing at first and when he did he left because he felt bad being in their pictures) and over by River Country (He said it was freaky)

Dreamin' of Disney
02-14-2008, 07:33 PM
We rented the water mice at CBR (Ithink those are the same as the Sea Raycers) and had a blast. It was well worth the price, just to do something different and fun!

jillluvsdisney
02-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Yes, I rented one at WL marina this past November. I cruised all around Bay Lake and the shore of Fort Wilderness. I also went around Seven Seas Lagoon. It was so fun.

poohbearlover15
02-14-2008, 08:39 PM
We also rode the miceboats at CBR they are sooo fun! I rent my own and its very fun to go as fast as you can! It is totally worth the money, 30 minutes might even be too long for some people! I definitley recomend these to anyone!:mickey:

tink179
02-14-2008, 09:09 PM
My family and I were just there last month. We used our Sea Raycer voucher at DD. My DH took our sons 4 and 7 on it. He split up the time with each one. They didn't like it all! The kids complained saying they were boring and they didn't go very fast. My kids as you can see aren't very old, and if this bored them then it couldn't have been much fun! :( My dh said if raycers wouldn't have been free and he would've paid for them he wouldn't have been very happy. We rented a pontoon boat last year, and felt that was way better for the price. It's a little more expensive, but worth it. If you get the free vouchers in your pkg, I would say go for it, because they're free. Why not. Otherwise, don't waste your money. Hope this helps! :mickey:

PirateLover
02-15-2008, 01:10 AM
We rented a Sea Raycer in the morning from Poly on our last trip. I think that if you are going to rent one, you have to get one from one of the MK area resorts. It was a blast riding past the entrance to MK, waving to people on the ferries, cruising by all the big resorts, and checking out the abandoned areas. I have some amazing pictures and video.
Also we found this little outcove that no one was coming through and started spinning around in circles and jumping our wake (it is obviously a very small wake but still fun :secret:)
I would totally do it again, although 90 mins is a bit long. We used the voucher and were probably on it for like an hour and 15 mins.

TIdoubleGR
02-15-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm definitely going to have to try one of these next time...one of my first memories about Disney World was watching a special on the Disney Channel that had one of the Sea Raycers going around the 7 seas lagoon to "Born to Be Wild"- always been a dream to get one zoom around getting some fantastic pictures. :mickey:

PhilHarHarMagic
02-16-2008, 09:02 AM
We did it from the Poly last year - we rode over to WL and around there - if I remember right, we only did 30 minutes and it was plenty of time. We had lots of fun...

Tink#64
02-18-2008, 11:46 PM
I think this sounds like lots of fun & I think we'll give these a try this year. I'm always looking for new things for each trip. DS's are 10 & 12 & I think for us it wouldn't matter if they didn't go that fast, just to see everything from a different view point from the water would be pretty cool! :boat:

PhilHarHarMagic
02-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Look for the remnants of the old wave machine on the small island in front of the Poly.

I assume it's still there.

eyoreswife
02-20-2008, 10:07 PM
can you rent them from the beach club?:confused:

biggun35
04-05-2008, 09:31 PM
I understand that the sea raycers can be rented at several locations, are they the same price at each? Do we need to make reservations or can we walk up and rent them?

Bethanymouse
04-06-2008, 03:50 PM
We have used the Sea Raycers many times when we were on the deluxe plan and it was included. They are a blast! We had so much fun riding around 7 seas lagoon! Totally worth the money!

biodtl
04-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Does anyone know the hours for the Sea Raycer rentals?

mouseketeer mom
04-06-2008, 08:20 PM
We tried the sea raycers over Thanksgiving for the first time and we were HOOKED! They were a blast!! We ended up renting them the next day too they were so much fun! We rented three each time.,..one for me, one for my DH and DS 8, and one for my girls DD 13 and DD 11. The girls were like Thelma and Louise..they got a taste of freedom on that Sea Raycer and we had trouble bringing them back in! We rented them from the Poly where we were staying and went by the WL, MK, GF, all around that area. They are so much fun, I can't say that enough!

AdventurelandTikiGirl
04-06-2008, 10:56 PM
I love the Sea Raycers (as I still like to call them, Water Sprites). They are available at:

Yacht & Beach Club Resort
Caribbean Beach Resort
Contemporary Resort
Port Orleans Resort
Grand Floridian Resort
Polynesian Resort
Wilderness Lodge
Fort Wilderness
Old Key West Resort
Coronado Springs Resort
Downtown Disney® Marketplace

They are all $25/half hour. As others have said, I'd definitely recommend renting from one of the MK resorts. :boat: :sail:

vizsla
04-07-2008, 05:08 AM
We rent them every trip. They are a blast. We also rent a pontoon boat every trip for I nice leisure ride also which is good when you just want to relax and enjoy the view.

DizNee143
04-07-2008, 11:55 AM
they always seemed like a lot of fun..
maybe me and the soon to be hubby will try them out on our honeymoon!! :D

jillluvsdisney
04-07-2008, 02:48 PM
I have rented them at POR and WL. They are so much fun. I loved the WL ride because I rode all around FW and Seven Seas Laggon too.
The ride from POR is down the Sassagoula River past POFQ, OKW and all the way to DTD of you want to ride that long.

Not2Loud
04-07-2008, 08:23 PM
DD4 and I love to rent them. It almost a sure fire way to put her to sleep after 30 minutes!

BW Fan
04-07-2008, 08:42 PM
can you rent them from the beach club?:confused:

yes. you can rent them from the marina in front of the yacht club.

poeticeclipse
04-08-2008, 10:18 AM
If I rent one say... from the Poly, can I take it over to where River Country was and over by Fort Wilderness? Where does that all connect?

I would assume that renting one from a MK resort would be more fun since you have more space to roam around on. Only being able to travel on one "lake" or "bay" wouldn't be all that fun.