PDA

View Full Version : Tapestry of Nations

PetefromRI
02-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I think that's what this parade in Epcot was called.I really wish that they would bring it back,it was one of our favorite parades of all time.Anyone else remember this parade?

RedheadWriter
02-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi Pete! The music from this parade was incredible and I have some photos from it back from before the millenium. I wish they would do this, too. I am sure a lot of people have fond memories of this.

Marilyn Michetti
02-14-2008, 06:23 PM
It was AWESOME !!!!!

Epcot is the only park without a parade, and it was the best of all four.:thumbsup:

Gibbs
02-14-2008, 06:29 PM
I actually have an old home video with parts of that parade on it. VERY COOL:thumbsup:

DDuck66
02-14-2008, 06:30 PM
It went through a couple of changes..when it ended I think it was the Tapestry of Dreams??? Regardless it was one of our favorites and we still have a lot of pictures from it. The Epcot Cd has the main song from the parade and we listen to it all the time.

brownie
02-14-2008, 06:38 PM
..when it ended I think it was the Tapestry of Dreams???

Yep, it went from Tapestry of Nations to Tapestry of Dreams. I really liked the parade, and prefer the Nations version over the Dreams version.

Polynesian Dweller
02-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Terrific parade and really enjoyed it and have a tape showing the complete original. BUT, as terrific as it was I really hated the traffic jam that it made in that park. The walkways were just too small both to have the parade and let people get around to get to their dinner ressies. So, I don't want to see it back but it was a great memory.

Magic Smiles
02-14-2008, 07:09 PM
We saw this our very first day on our very first visit to WDW in May 2000. We absolutely loved it. When we finally returned in 2005, we were so disappointed that it was no longer part of Epcot.

Altair
02-14-2008, 07:13 PM
The parade and music were wonderful, the only problem was it took very little wind to cancel it.:(

BronxTigger
02-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Yes, I remember it! It was great! I loved the big walking things and the big rolling drum things. The music was also very good. I wish they would bring it back.

disneydear
02-14-2008, 07:51 PM
That was my favorite parade. I have many pictures that I like to look at from time to time.I remember trying to go back to see it again and it got rained out 2 days in a row. :(

Pirate Granny
02-14-2008, 08:04 PM
When I took the "undiscovered future world" tour...the CM told us that the parade was a logistical nightmare...they also had injuries of people and children running into the CM on their Stilts and knocking CM down...I really loved that parade and have good memories...which is why I asked the question...they try to re-use most stuff and you'll see a lot of the same type characters and dancers in the Animal Kingdom parade (i think some of the big drums are there too).
:pirate:

NJ Camper
02-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Agree it was great also wish they would bring it back my guess is as said before it is a little tight to walk around with the parade and there was to many problems with weather cancelling it also just too tough to pull off a parade with the space around world show case hope they can figure away to make it work :mickey:

jedimick08
02-14-2008, 08:22 PM
It was indeed an awesome parade and I too have old videos of it. You can buy the Millenium Celebration CD which has all the music from the parade and what is still played during Illuminations. I listen to it constantly to get me through until our next trip.'

84 days to go!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-14-2008, 11:50 PM
This was one of my favorite parades at WDW. I loved the music and the stilt walkers. I miss it terribly.

SurferStitch
02-15-2008, 06:36 AM
We loved that parade. It was so nice when it started in daylight, and finished around sunset (at least it did when we would go in October). I would love to see that one come back.

I think Tapestry of Nations was the best version.

diz_girl
02-15-2008, 10:22 AM
You can buy the Millenium Celebration CD which has all the music from the parade and what is still played during Illuminations. I listen to it constantly to get me through until our next trip.'

84 days to go!

Just after this past Christmas my husband found at the end of our driveway a few CD cases open and some CDs on the ground. He thought that they were mine so he brought them into the house. They weren't mine, but one of the CDs was the Millenium Celebration CD. It looked a bit scratched, but it sounds great. It's in my car CD player now and I listen to it constantly. I guess that someone else's loss is my gain.:)

Laughin' place
02-15-2008, 01:50 PM
One of my top two or three parades ever at Disney. My sons were fascinated, and this is usually not their "thing". I thought the parade was artistically a success, uplifting, fun, and a real addition to EPCOT Center. It tied the whole place together (which I think is needed), made me feel a part of something much larger:number1:

baby minnie's mommy
02-15-2008, 09:49 PM
We caught the Tapestry parade one day by accident, and I loved it! Loved the music and drums! Don't know which version it was, though. I miss that parade, too. :sad:

Crow
02-15-2008, 10:02 PM
only got to see it twice or so but i liked it before Illuminations.
some of the music i think has been used elsewhere

Aggie97
02-15-2008, 10:54 PM
I loved Tapestry of Nations! The music is just fantastic.

They now play the music after Illuminations, as people are exiting World Showcase (and Epcot). :mickey:

jclightchasr
02-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Just after this past Christmas my husband found at the end of our driveway a few CD cases open and some CDs on the ground. He thought that they were mine so he brought them into the house. They weren't mine, but one of the CDs was the Millenium Celebration CD. It looked a bit scratched, but it sounds great. It's in my car CD player now and I listen to it constantly. I guess that someone else's loss is my gain.:)
These cd's were sold at our local Toys r us back in 2000 when we were about to leave for a family reunion trip to WDW. They were marked at $1.00 each. We grabbed 3 of them...went through the checkout line and they rang in at 1 penny each!!! I told the cashier about it and they said the pricing in their computer was the correct price so we went back and got 10 more for a dime and gave them to all of the family members we met up with on the trip as a souvenier. I still have ours and we listen to it to this day.

RockChalkKimball
02-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Be got to see both versions of the parade. Both were wonderful! My DH, who doesn't get excited about much, LOVED it. We were so disappointed when it went away. I will sign the petition to bring it back!!

DreamFinder2
02-16-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm with PolyDweller on this one. The parade - especially the music - was amazing and inspirational, but the traffic jams were unreal. It was as though they had to block off half of WS just to run it...and they started putting up the ropes way before the parade began.

Despite the mess, though, the it was pretty sweet :thumbsup:.

PetefromRI
02-17-2008, 07:25 PM
It's funny,I wasn't sure if it was called Tapestry of Nations or Tapestry of Dreams and now you guys say it was one and then the other.We saw it in 2001 I think and we talk about it to this day.Thanks for the memories guys.

Stormer
02-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Our favorite too. We loved it. It was amazing. We still play the CD and listen to the music.

kaerbear178
02-18-2008, 12:43 PM
It was the first parade that we saw on our first day ever at WDW. I really liked it too.

Jasper
02-18-2008, 12:53 PM
We also saw it in both of its versions and absolutely LOVED both! Although I do think that the Nations version was a little better than the Dreams version. The year that we saw the Nations version we happened to catch it on the first night of that trip. We loved it so much that we went back to see it every single night of that trip. Then we happened to get lucky and do another trip exactly one year later when they were doing the Dreams version and guess what? Yep, you guessed it, we went back every night of that trip to catch it as well!

Oh yeah, we also have the music and have actually worn out our first CD of it!