PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic: Must ride or Just if you have time?

WriteDisney
02-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Yay or Nay? Is it a must for you or something you do if you have time? I've only seen it once and wasn't thrilled with it but am looking for others input on the attraction...

AllDisney
02-14-2008, 05:54 PM
We fell in love with Fantasmic @ Disneyland and wondered if it would EVER make it to WDW!

We always spend our first & last day of our trip at MGM so that the first night & last night we see Fantasmic. It's our way of beginning & ending our vacations at WDW:cloud9:

brownie
02-14-2008, 06:36 PM
It would be a little difficult to "ride" Fantasmic!. We try to see it on every trip.

WriteDisney
02-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Haha.. that's true.. it should be see.. but alas I can't fix it now..

Magic Smiles
02-14-2008, 07:06 PM
It took us two trips before we saw Fantasmic, but now it is a must for me everytime. Not too sure about my DH though.:mickey:

laughingplace<3
02-14-2008, 07:16 PM
I really like Fantasmic and really enjoy it, however it isn't a must see every time I go to WDW. I think once a year or even longer going without seeing it is okay- it helps maintain the magic.

Bethis26fan
02-14-2008, 07:33 PM
I saw it once and it was enough for me. I'm not a fan of it. I don't know if it was because I had a headache or if it was just that loud, but by time we left I was almost sick from my head hurting.

NJ Camper
02-14-2008, 07:41 PM
I was not sure which way to go but leaned more toward must see seen it many times and still love it :mickey:

Lacy
02-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Fantasmic! is my absolute favorite attraction at WDW and DL! A trip is not complete without two showings of Fantasmic!:smickey:

Polynesian Dweller
02-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Fantasmic at WDW doesn't really do it for us. We saw it and don't need to see it again. Fantasmic a DLR is far superior and is a must.

Tink#64
02-14-2008, 11:29 PM
We skipped Fantasmic during our first trip, it was short, only four park days & we all got tired. I was a novice & didn't plan the much needed breaks! :blush: We were all tired that day & DS's just wanted to go back to the resort & swim, so we skipped our dinner plans & Fantasmic!

We finally saw Fantasmic during our second trip & DS's would have loved the opportunity to see it again that week, but there never seems to be enough time for all we want to do once, let alone twice! We do manage all of the night time events once during each trip now & we love them all. Fantasmic is DS's fav & IllumiNations is mine & DH's fav. :thumbsup:

milhouse
02-15-2008, 09:08 AM
Always a must for my family.

Last trip due to our arrival flights, we went to MGM first day. Being in NY at 9am and being at Fantasmic 12 hours later was really cool. A great way to start the trip.

DDuck66
02-15-2008, 09:24 AM
We really love Fantasmic but sometimes on short trips there is not enough time to fit it in. If we are there for over five days we always have the Fantasmic Dinner Package.

goofysbabe
02-15-2008, 10:53 AM
This is one we must do - my children just love it. If for some reason we don't get to see it they are upset. My son always says to me after it's over - THAT WAS FANTASMIC!!!!

lightyearfan
02-15-2008, 12:53 PM
this is 1 of the best shows that WDW has, it is a must for me and dw, and we make sure that we see this show at least twice on each trip.

Victor

KAJUNKING
02-15-2008, 12:55 PM
i really enjoy seeing it on every trip

MissT
02-15-2008, 12:58 PM
We are going to have to back and try this one again...:blush: it hasn't been a favorite so we've skipped it the last few years.

Leaving for the World in 1 week!!!!:mickey:

Kairi_7378
02-15-2008, 01:02 PM
It's DH's favorite fireworks show. It's the only one that we have to make a point to see during a trip.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
02-15-2008, 01:29 PM
No question this is a MUST!

Chris :hatter:

Laughin' place
02-15-2008, 01:34 PM
I cant believe the vote is this close. I think Fantasmic is the best show Ive ever seen of its kind, anywhere. Of course, everyone has different tastes and experiences, but I mistakenly thought that there would an overwhelming majority who considered this a must.

IloveDisney71
02-15-2008, 01:34 PM
We love Fantasmic. It is a MUST SEE for us at least once during every trip! :)

pogo
02-15-2008, 01:39 PM
One of our alltime favorites. :thumbsup:

We see it every trip. :D

GrmGrninGost
02-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Fantasmic is fantastic! I love this show! :mickey:

DisneyDD2
02-15-2008, 04:03 PM
We really love Fantasmic! Two and a half years ago we even watched it right after my son threw-up all over me (here's some advice- don't ride ToT with your DS 4 who has just finished dinner). :ill: We love the show!

Hull-onian
02-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Well, we have seen Fantasmic about seven times. It is a great show, however, if your tired at the end of a long day in Hollywood studios, sometimes, I think, your just better off going back to the hotel. We went one time, and it was stormy, so they canceled the show. We were disappointed though. A few minutes later it :rain: :rain: and more :rain:.
It's all good.:thumbsup:

Gator
02-15-2008, 08:22 PM
I HAVE to see it each trip. I'm going to try to see it twice on my next trip. Of course, my DD loves Mickey, and it's the only show with fireworks AND Mickey. I always get chills when the big boat comes out with the characters, and especially when Mickey "makes" the fireworks explode. A truly great show.

Crow
02-15-2008, 09:50 PM
I do see it every trip & like it but.

i hate the crowds & having to wait. leaving it must be a nightmare for families
Illuminations is my fav since you can see it from anywhere around WS in Epcot

rj
02-16-2008, 09:15 AM
To me it is one of the best shows at Disney. I think we have only missed it one time on our trips since it has opened.

jclightchasr
02-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Our family of 6 went this past Christmas and saw fantasmic for the first time. We all agreed it was the best nightime show we had seen in Disney and that it was just spectacular.

Dakota Rose
02-16-2008, 08:35 PM
At DLR it's a must. At WDW it's a "maybe."

LudwigVonDrake
02-17-2008, 01:16 AM
I've seen it only once and while good, I wouldn't go back unless with someone who had never seen it before.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
02-17-2008, 10:57 AM
A must see each and every trip for our family. :thumbsup:

More then once if we have the time!! Our kids love it!!

Eric87
02-17-2008, 11:56 AM
I voted for must go everytime. We go every year/every other year. So it is a must. If we went multiple times a year I could see why it would be skipped. At peak times, it can be so congested and you could be hitting the main attractions while half of the park is at the show.

Ian
02-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Can't say I'm a big fan ... I haven't seen it in years and wouldn't go back again ever had DD5 not picked up on its existence.

Now she's bugging us to take her in May, so we booked the dinner package. Oh joy ........

CU Tiger
02-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Having been to DW each of the past five years, I do not need to see it every trip any more. I love the show and it gives me goose bumps every time, but it is not required anymore. Now it all depends on our schedule. If it is convenient, we will go. If not, we do not. :mickey:

AdventurelandTikiGirl
02-17-2008, 09:36 PM
I love Fantasmic. The only way I do it is to get the Fantasmic dining package (I like Hollywood and Vine with some healthier dining choices such as multigrain pasta and brown rice). After dinner, you can walk right in the back entrance about 20 minutes before show time with no wait and have reserved seating. I found exiting quite easy as well. As much as I enjoy Fantasmic, I wouldn't stand in line and wait for it. :fworks:

RAIDER
02-18-2008, 07:32 AM
It was brilliant when it first started but gradually over the years they have made huge cutbacks and its not the same as it was sadly :(

2Epcot
02-18-2008, 09:37 AM
I enjoy both Disneyland and WDW's versions of the show, though I will sometimes skip it at Disneyland because I go there more often. At Disney World, Fantasmic is a must. I will see it at least once on every trip.

kaerbear178
02-18-2008, 12:37 PM
I've only been to WDW twice-the first time I think we saw it three times, I loved it that much. Then when I went back a few years later we went and I liked it but now like that first time. This next trip we will do it if we have time, but I won't be devastaed if we don't see it.

EJS-Houston
02-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Fantasmic is something I never want to miss on any of my trips...but I have to say I feel the same way about Illuminations and the Epcot nighttime show (whose name escapes me at the moment).

KylesMom
02-18-2008, 05:14 PM
It was brilliant when it first started but gradually over the years they have made huge cutbacks and its not the same as it was sadly

Interesting, as we have noted over the years that they've added additional elements to the show from when we first saw it. Either that, or weather/refurbishment items were happening when we first viewed the show in May of '00.

We've made a point to see Fantasmic each trip since 2000, and although we would never stand in the chaotic line in the summertime heat ever again as we did during our first viewing, we always schedule the Fantasmic Dinner Package at Mama Melrose. It's become quite a tradition for us, and I can't imagine a Saturday night outing during our vacation without it. :mickey:

wedway76
02-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Let me preface this by saying that I LOVE Fantasmic, and think it is the best show in any of the parks.

That being said, we don’t go to see it on every trip. Maybe it’s because of the hassle of getting there early or the crowds at the exit and at the bus stops after the show, maybe it’s because the show really doesn’t change, but seeing it once every two or three trips is enough for us.

Darbylew
02-18-2008, 06:17 PM
It is a great show but we have seen it so many
times that now when we go we will see it if
unless there is something else that we want to
do more at the time. I think it is a must see
for first time visitors to the park. :number1:

pdrlkr
02-19-2008, 09:26 AM
We have only missed it once! :thumbsup: