PDA

View Full Version : DVC parking

Disney Crazy
02-14-2008, 11:51 AM
:confused:This may not be the right place for this question, if not I apologize and please move it. I have a strange question and hope that someone can help me with this information. My DH, DD and I hope to buy DVC this summer and in trying to decide where we are going to buy, my DH (a bass fisherman) would like to know more about the parking areas of the DVC resorts. He would like to bring his boat and truck (a long rig when hooked up together.) :fish: I think we could park it ok (but would need 2 parking spaces). His question is about plugging it up. Any ideas where I could find out if there is any electric outlets near parking areas that we could use (we would pay for the use.) Strange request, I know, but important to a bass fisherman! :blush:

mouse-logic
02-14-2008, 12:24 PM
I would be surprised if any of the parking areas at DVC resorts have available electric "hook ups." It's certainly possible to do so at Ft. Wilderness, but that's not close to the DVC resorts. I would assume that if any DVC resort would accommodate your husband's bass boat, it would probably be VWL -- after all it's on Bay Lake (which I understand is one of the few non-manmade lakes in WDW).

In any event, I would try calling your DVC guide (if you have one) and ask them. They are rather resourceful and can direct you to the proper source of info if they don't know.

tinkerbell04
02-14-2008, 02:43 PM
I would try calling your DVC guide (if you have one) and ask them. They are rather resourceful and can direct you to the proper source of info if they don't know.

I agree. I don't ever remember seeing any kind of electrical hook ups inthe parking lots, but then again, I wouldn't really be looking for them either. :mickey:

FiggyFan
02-15-2008, 03:53 PM
We are DVC members with both BWV and BCV as home resorts. In the "Component Site Public Offering Statement" for each of these resorts, it has a section on parking which includes the following statement:

"No owner shall store or leave boats, trailers, mobile homes, recreational vehicles and the like on the Condominium Property, except in areas, if any, designated for same; provided, however, that boats, trailers, mobile homes, recreational vehicles and the like may be parked on the Condominium Property if the vehicle is less than the width of the interior lines of one (1) individual parking space and does not exceed 24 feet in length. If the vehicle is wider than the width of the interior lines of one (1) individual parking space or if the vehicle exceeds twenty-four (24) feet in length, then such vehicle may not be parked on the Condominium Property without the prior permission of the Association or Management Company. No trucks or busses may be parked anywhere on Condominium Property, except for those of DVD or the Management Company."

If you are talking about a pickup truck and a small boat, this might work, but I don't think that you will find any power hook-ups in the parking lot. Calling your guide to ask is a good idea.

sillyolbear
02-15-2008, 04:18 PM
I've never seen any electrical hook ups, but did notice a large RV with a Honda SUV in tow parked across a number of spaces as well as a travel trailer across three spots at Saratoga Springs earlier this week.