PDA

View Full Version : Appetizers with dining plan

ledudes
02-13-2008, 10:45 PM
I know the new dining plan does not include an appetizer anymore, but I have heard of some people still getting it included once they get there. Has anyone else heard anything about this.

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-13-2008, 10:56 PM
We just came back and we ate at the Coral reef.We are not much on dessert so they let us swap for an appetizer Lobster Bisck I can still taste it.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-13-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm glad they will let you get an app instead of a dessert at Coral Reef....oh I too love the lobster bisque. They should have set it up that you had a choice of app or dessert.

Sunshine1010
02-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Basic dining plan - no appetizer included
Deluxe dining plan - appetizer IS included

kaylamag
02-14-2008, 09:00 AM
While on our recent trip we paid out of pocket if we wanted an appetizer. I wish i had thought to ask to swap.

TheDuckRocks
02-14-2008, 12:20 PM
We only came across one exception to the no appetizer in 2008 rule on the regular DDP. At Mama Melrose at the Studios we had the Fantasmic! dinner package (which is covered on the DDP for 1 TS credit) and it is a fixed fee meal which includes the appetizer. You could have knocked us over when the waiter let us know the appetizer was included.

glad2shop
02-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Has anyone else successfuly swapped their dessert for an appetizer? Was it at Coral Reef or at a different restaurant? Wow, that would be great if individual table service restaurants would allow for this on the 2008 dining plan. I think many of us would be very happy with this option!

tinkerbell04
02-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Has anyone else successfuly swapped their dessert for an appetizer? Was it at Coral Reef or at a different restaurant? Wow, that would be great if individual table service restaurants would allow for this on the 2008 dining plan. I think many of us would be very happy with this option!

I would like to know this also, I think that this would be awesome for me and my family.

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-15-2008, 04:23 PM
We only did it at the coral reef because we wanted the soup.We politely asked the waiter and it was like they do it all the time.Infact the soup was cheaper the the dessert.We didn't try it anywhere else because the rest of our dinners were family or buffet style except sci-fi but that meal came with fries.

jpH/keD
02-15-2008, 05:14 PM
I really think that if you ask ahead of time that swapping is such a no brainer some places will allow it.

Otherwise Disney is becoming too much like government and interfering w/ the pursuit of happiness but that is another story!

Jared
02-15-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm glad they will let you get an app instead of a dessert at Coral Reef....oh I too love the lobster bisque. They should have set it up that you had a choice of app or dessert.
Well, this is quite a development. I wonder if this is commonplace or specific to Coral Reef Restaurant. I much prefer appetizers to dessert, and my family will not use the Disney Dining Plan anymore because of the decision to eliminate the included appetizer.

Has anybody else successfully tried to swap dessert for an appetizer?