PDA

View Full Version : If you could...

DisFan01
02-13-2008, 08:54 PM
I just thought it might be fun to post these "If you could..." questions, and see what people's responses would be. If anyone has another question idea, feel free to post it, and I'll add it to the list!

Three Questions:

1) If you could walk through any ride at Walt Disney World, what would it be, and why?

2) If you could have one park to yourself all day, which one would it be, and why?

3) If you could have one park to yourself all day, (without employees, rules, ect... without destroying something) what would you do?

4) If you could go back in time and do one thing with Walt Disney, what would it be? **NEW**

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone thinks of another question we could ask, post it, and I will add it to this list. :thumbsup:
[So be sure to check back up here for new questions]

Have Fun!

Gator
02-13-2008, 09:10 PM
1-I would walk on stage at the Hall of Presidents. That would be way cool. Especially if they're all standing and moving.

2-I'd love to have MK to myself. It's always crowded - plus I'd love to take a nap in the WFR Tree House.

3-I'd love to go to AK with no employees so I can drive my own vehicle through KiloSafaris. Plus I think it would be pretty freaky walking where no one is controlling the animals. Talk about an adventure!

IloveDisney71
02-13-2008, 10:05 PM
What a great post! :thumbsup:

1. I would love the see RNRC with the lights on.
2. THE MK!!! I would love to have NO wait for any rides, be able to pick which seat I wanted for each attracation, have a special seat for Wishes and the parades, AND a night in Cinderella's castle would be the perfect ending to a perfect day.
3. That's a tough one. I think I'd miss the CM interaction and I wonder who would run all the rides? :mickey: But I'd probably pick the MK for this too. I would probably take a million pictures and just take in all the beauty and magic of the MK.

poohbearlover15
02-13-2008, 10:11 PM
1. I would definitley walk through the Haunted Mansion with all the lights on! It would be pretty cool to see the grave yard and not getting freaked out! lol

2. I would pick Disney Studios because RNR and TOT are 2 of my fav rides and i would seriously ride them non stop!

3. In Disney Studios I would go on TOT and have a friend control the ride so i could drop up and down tons of times! Also in the great movie ride it would be awesome to walk on all the different sets!:mickey:

Ian
02-14-2008, 09:40 AM
1) If you could walk through any ride at Walt Disney World, what would it be, and why?I've been saying since I was 5 that I'd love to walk through the Haunted Mansion. This was an easy one for me.

2) If you could have one park to yourself all day, which one would it be, and why?Magic Kingdom ... to me that is and always will be the best WDW theme park.

3) If you could have one park to yourself all day, (without employees, rules, ect... without destroying something) what would you do?I'm not sure I understand the distinction between #2 and #3 ... is it just that in one I'd have employees and in the other I wouldn't? Who would run the rides? Feed me? Recuse me if something went wrong? :confused:

laprana
02-14-2008, 10:39 AM
1) I would love to walk through POTC (not sure I could really "walk" through that, though!:blush:) or Haunted Mansion.

2) Definitely MK! By far my favorite park and it would be unbelievably awesome to have it all to myself!

3) I'm actually not sure I would want to be there without the CMs...they're part of the magic for me and they play a huge role in why WDW is so magical! I think it would be weird if there were no CMs there, and it just wouldn't feel right!

P.S. Great thread!! :thumbsup:

TIdoubleGR
02-14-2008, 02:03 PM
1.) I would want to walk through SSE, ESPECIALLY if I could get someone to open the top of it so I could stand on top of it (like Mickey in all the promo videos!) I've always found it fascinating, the whole structure and the fact that there's a ride inside of it.

2.)Epcot, for sure-- all the interaction with the different countries CMs would be SO awesome, like having your own tour guide through every country. Plus, having all the time I wanted to explore with no lines, no worrying about running across the park getting fastpasses...SO cool.

3.) I'd explore all the tunnels underneath the MK on a segway. :thumbsup:

Disneypixie513
02-14-2008, 02:26 PM
1.) I'd want to walk right on RnRC. Front row..I love it! :thumbsup:

2.) MK for sure..I'd love walking right onto rides over and over again..And see all the characters :mickey:

3.) I'm not really sure what I would do.

DisFan01
02-14-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm not sure I understand the distinction between #2 and #3 ... is it just that in one I'd have employees and in the other I wouldn't? Who would run the rides? Feed me? Recuse me if something went wrong? :confused:

I meant what would you do if you could do anything that is normally not done/allowed. (ex: walk thru a ride, control one, ect...)

I didn't mean no one to feed us! ;) Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Ian
02-14-2008, 05:43 PM
I didn't mean no one to feed us! ;) Hope this helps. :thumbsup:Okay ... as long as I can eat. That's very important to me! ;)

Then I'd pick MK ... there's so many attractions there that I'd like to walk around in ... also, I'd love to be able to do my own "Segway Tour" of MK. :cool:

RoosMomKanga
02-19-2008, 10:18 AM
1) Could I walk through the Safari without being eaten?
2) Easy, EC...In WS I'd drive all the CM's nuts talking to them and getting private tours of their "countries".
3) Hmmm...I'd have a private party at the MK for all my family/friends where we'd be able to ride or help run the ride if we wanted (I'd have lots of CM's to help), and they could visit the utilidors. Every character would be there. I'd give them each a large bag to get what they wanted from the stores. I'd have my favorite foods/chefs from elsewhere in WDW (MK isn't my favorite place to eat) fix us a grand dinner. I'd get to pick all the music for the final fireworks and I'd have all the parades (I wonder if they keep stuff from the old ones in storage...I could add at least easter, halloween & christmas right?). Of course I'd be sleeping in the castle, but my friends could spend the night on a ride vehicle if they wanted. Hmmm....:cloud9:

poeticeclipse
02-19-2008, 11:13 AM
1) If you could walk through any ride at Walt Disney World, what would it be, and why?
I would for sure walk through KS! I would love to observe and touch/feed the animals more closely. I would want a few CM's with me too to tell me about each particular animal.

2) If you could have one park to yourself all day, which one would it be, and why?
MK! I don't want to have to wait in lines for 2 minute rides. Plus, the energy there is super fun when you're not stressed out by the crowds.

3) If you could have one park to yourself all day, (without employees, rules, ect... without destroying something) what would you do?
Where would I break the rules? This is tough for me because i'd probably keep walking around thinking "this doesn't feel right, i'm gonna get caught!" hahaha. I think I could get myself into the most trouble at DHS. I would love to go around and play on the props and take pictures of myself with the munchkins and pictures in the gangster scene of GMR. It's more for the photo ops than anything. They also have some great merchandise here that I wouldn't mind taking home with me. Hey, it's not stealing if they said "do whatever you want!" hahaha :thedolls:

BelleKP
02-19-2008, 03:34 PM
I would love to walk through the scenes on the Great movie ride . . . :thumbsup:

I would probably chose MK. A day there with no line ups would be amazing!!:cloud9:

Hmmm . . . that's tough, but I think I would love to play Belle in the Beauty and the Beast show . . . with the rest of the cast of course . . . ;) Then I would ride ToT over and over and over again!! :D Although I also like Gator's idea about riding Kilimanjaro by myself . . .

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
02-19-2008, 05:02 PM

The Haunted Mansion, definately! Best ride ever

I think this one would be Epcot, get a segway and tour the park :)

3) If you could have one park to yourself all day, (without employees, rules, ect... without destroying something) what would you do

100% MK. It is the quintessential Disney park and the biggest, I would look at all the forbidden area's and sleep in the Cinderella Suite. I would visit Jack Sparrow at POTC, maybe "steal?" some very expensive Disney merchandise that I would never be able to afford, ride the Disneyland Railroad train myself..I could go on for hours :)

Marilyn Michetti
02-19-2008, 05:42 PM
WOW, after thinking about these questions for the last half hour, I decided that it would be boring without anyone else around.

That said, I'd LOVE to go into costuming, and try on costumes, wigs, make-up, and stand on the stage in front of the castle lip-synching to "When You Wish Upon A Star".

Sitting on a bench in the MK at sun up having a cup of coffee before anyone the crowds would be terrific.:mickey:

Finally, petting a lion at Rafiki's, while it's under anesthesia, or watching one of the elephants giving birth.

It would be fun to walk around COP, and just see all the stuff that used to be in my grandmother's house. Boy, do I wish we still had some of it.:D

Tink#64
02-19-2008, 11:25 PM
1) This is a tough one! I think I'd choose Space Mountain & then maybe the lights wouldn't freak me out! :blush:

2) Definitely MK - no waits for attractions! Awesome! But my family would have to be with me for this amazing experience! It just wouldn't be fun without them.

3) Definitely MK again. I'd love to explore all of the Castle and the Utiladors!

Great thread, very imaginative! :thumbsup:

GrumpyFan
02-20-2008, 11:18 AM
1) I would pick Tower of Terror. The ride is just fascinating to me.

2) I would pick Epcot. But, truthfully, I don't know that it would be all that fun with NOBODY there. I think it would actually feel kind of creepy scary.

3) I think I would love to go exploring MK, especially the tunnels.

Marilyn Michetti
02-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Wait a minute.........If I were the only person there, I wouldn't lip sync When You Wish Upon A Star........I'd sing it for real:D

Cinderelley
02-23-2008, 07:15 AM
If you could go back in time & do one thing with Walt Disney, what would it be?

I would probably join him for his morning walk to check out the park.

Cinderelley
02-23-2008, 07:19 AM

1. I would walk through POTC so that I could get the pictures that I always wanted.

2. I wouldn't want a park all to myself. I enjoy seeing everyone else's reaction to things.

3. Once again, I wouldn't want it all to myself, but it would be nice to be able to walk through the queues at my own leisurely pace to see all the details. Can we just put the lines on hold until I'm done browsing? ;)

Jeff G
02-23-2008, 10:08 AM
1. Haunted Mansion- there are so many details and it's hard to take them all in as you ride by.

2. MK - There would be nothing better being able to roam at my own pace and not have the crowds or lines.

3. Same as #2.

LudwigVonDrake
02-23-2008, 11:08 AM
1) Pirates of the Caribbean. Walking through and seeing all the detail would be awesome :pirate:

2 & 3) Magic Kingdom. Having my favorite park to myself would be great! :tink:

DisneyCrazyET
02-23-2008, 01:31 PM
1. I always wanted to walk around POTC. Exploring everything.

2. MK - I would ride PP over and over again since there would be no wait. I would also ride everything else. I would buy something from the main street bakery and sit and watch the fireworks.

3. If I could do anything in a park, I would choose EPCOT WS and wonder in and out of all the countries.

#1donaldfan
02-23-2008, 01:48 PM
If I could go back in time and spend time with Walt, I'd want to ride 20k leagues under the sea with him AND......find my pirate flag that I lost on HM....???? I begged and begged and begged for that pirates flag.....finally got it, and lost it on HM......I didn't realize I didn't have it till we were leaving the park and my mom just didn't have the energy to go back and ask for someone to look for it.....that's being a kid for you I guess.....I wanted it so, so bad and once I got it, forgot to keep up with it.......I am over the trauma of it, can't you tell............ha, ha, ha !!!!!!!:cool:

LauraleeH
02-23-2008, 09:51 PM
1. I think I would walk through the Haunted Mansion...I love it

2. I would want to have the Magic Kingdom to myself!

3. Now, absolutely no rules and stuff? I'd want to be alone in Epcot to get tons of amazing pictures in France! I'd also love to take home some Paris stuff...especially the perfumes! MMM and I want some bread lol ;)
It would be so amazing just to sit there and dream that I'm in Paris.

Stan
02-23-2008, 10:41 PM
1. Tower of Terror- For me this is the ride where the actual mechanism is most different from what it seems like when you're riding it (it isn't set up anything like a real elevator, in good order or defective).

2. I've been fortunate enough through the years to experience each of the parks under uncrowded, no/low line conditions, in perfect weather, so it doesn't really bother me when things aren't quite so ideal. And I enjoy soaking up other people's fun so much I'd miss it. So maybe I'd take MK with 1000 other (polite and very happy to be there ;)) guests. :mickey: :D

3. Now you're talking. No problem with CM's, I love them. But I want to climb all over stuff and take pictures (especially panoramas (http://flmemories.com/files/locations/images/EPC-pan1w.html)) from unusual positions and perspectives. I want to do this in all 4 parks, and probably a few resorts as well, without anyone saying anything like, "What's that guy doing up on top of the castle? Call security.". :blush: (One of my dreams is an official relationship with the Mouse where I can do this stuff for him/them for real. :cloud9:) I'd probably fly a kite or balloon camera (http://www.flpicture.com/files/images/IMG_0692w.JPG) for a few shots, too.

4. I'd try to get him to quit smoking while he was still a young man. Maybe he would have had another 10 or 20 years.

HEY, THIS IS MY 300TH POST !!!

Cinderelley
02-24-2008, 04:33 PM
HEY, THIS IS MY 300TH POST !!!

Congratulations on your 300th post.

Here's another question.

If you could implement one thing in the Disney company (any part of the company), what would it be?

bpsigler
02-24-2008, 05:09 PM
1. The Haunted Mansion, as I have always wanted to go down on the "floor" and dance with the ghosts.

2. WDW. I would do Pooh's Ride, Peter Pan, and Pirates non-stop with both my DD's.

3. WDW again and I would take DW and DD's up into Cinderella’s Castle and cook them dinner myself and dance the night away with them.

4. I would take Walt out to dinner and thank him for his creative ideas that have brought such joy to so many people and families and thank him for his solid family values that he stood firm on.

elmjimmlm
02-26-2008, 07:21 PM
1. Walk thru EE...The reason would be that I am too scared to ride but I want to see the Yeti...
2. It would have to be MK...So I could ride all the rides and see Philharmagic as many times as I want...I would also pick this park for the simple fact that every time I pick a great spot for the parades, I am always pushed out...If we are there alone, I can sit where I want...
3. I would still pick MK so I could go thru every building and take a quick nap in the castle...
4. All I can think of is to thank him for all the joy that he has brought into my life...The memories of childhood well into my adult life...He has been the reason for so many of them...And for so many yet to come...:smickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-26-2008, 09:25 PM

I would want to walk around the Beauty and the Beast stage. See the costumes, sets, props, etc. I love this show but I also picked this because I don't want to know what the rides are like without all of the effects.

MK - The lines are always longest. It would be so much fun to ride the rides without having to wait. Can you imagine just walking up to get food and not having to wait? My first stop would be to get a dole whip and then on to POTC.

I wouldn't want to go to the parks without the employees and there aren't any rules that I'd want to break. Maybe I'd go to Studios and get up a sing Belle's part in the show....that might be fun.

4) If you could go back in time and do one thing with Walt Disney, what would it be?

Spend a day at Epcot with him. I'd love to hear his thoughts on the park....what he wanted vs. how the park is today.