PDA

View Full Version : Evening at DW! Which Park to Pick?

DisneyEpcotDad
02-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Epcot Dad and youngest son, will be in Orlando late next week checking out Univ of Central Florida. College Road Trip! I would like to venture over to a DW park at least one evening while we are there. Will be there 21-22 February. Any suggestions on which park(s) to pick and best chances to get on some attractions???:mickey: Thought about getting reservations for Boma one night!

DDuck66
02-13-2008, 06:41 PM
My fave would be Epcot. They have a great night time show and you can usually get on most of the rides with the exception of Soarin. As far as Boma, it is really popular and you might not be able to get an ADR at such a late date. Call and see if there is any availability..you might try a early dinner..sometimes it is easier to get in at odd times and with only two people.

Stan
02-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Hey Epcot Dad- I hope your DS finds what he wants at UCF... that place is growing like crazy & seems pretty nice. Plus I'm sure you won't mind coming to see him once in a while (you do plan to provide him an annual pass, right?).

It's about a 45 min drive down the 417 from UCF to WDW... travel time doesn't vary hugely by time of day- only by accidents or such. For Feb 21-22 the Disney calendar (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/calendar/parkhours/calendarHome?id=AKCalendarParkHoursMonthlyViewPage&date=20080201) shows AK 8 PM both days, Epcot 9 PM both days, MGM 830 and 7, and MK 11 and 7. Since you're here to see UCF not WDW, I assume you'll not head over until after 5 PM or so. So to me that means you should do MK on 2/21. And if you spend one of your nights on Disney property (kind of a drive I know) you could do EMH that night- don't know how late but maybe 2 or 3 AM? You might need an extra day to recover. :D

Best of luck to all of you. ;)

Stan
02-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Don't forget the $11 (12?) parking you'll also save if you're on property. :thumbsup: And yes, they might be collecting that late when they're open that late... always makes me happy cause I've got an annual pass... hey I just saved $11 (12?) :D

Duchess99
02-13-2008, 07:31 PM
I would do MK at night...I I think you can get the most attractions in and that it has the best atmosphere at night. BTMRR and Splash MT are much more fun in the dark. Also, Spectromagic is a lot of fun!
But if you're going to Boma for dinner one night, I would go to AK on the night it's open until 8pm and then go for dinner at 8:30 at Boma.

Tink#64
02-14-2008, 01:12 AM
This is tough, my favorite night time even is IllumiNations in Epcot, but if you're wanting to ride some rides & it sounds like MK is open later, then I'd say MK for sure! Maybe you could catch Wishes to end your night there! Could you do dinner at Boma before starting your evening in the park?

No matter what you do, I hope you have a wonderful time togther. I'm sure this will be a special memory for all three of you! :magic:

#1donaldfan
02-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Our old favorite is MK at night....you just can't go wrong with the three mountains, HM, PP and all the rest.....makes me want to be there right now !!!! Have fun ..... :mickey:

wedway76
02-14-2008, 10:27 AM
My favorite park at night is EPCOT, mostly because it is relatively quiet and it is beautiful with the reflections on the World Showcase Lagoon, but if you want to get on some attractions I would suggest the Magic Kingdom, because of the large number of attractions in a relatively small area.