PDA

View Full Version : Webkinz

Patricia
02-13-2008, 05:10 PM
How many of you have kids addicted to these? 8 of my daycare kids have several (some up to 15) of these animals.. why didn't one of us think of this idea? Forget paying to play by the year.. instead buy a $15 toy to play and then buy another.. and so on..

Brilliant!

chrisb26
02-13-2008, 05:44 PM
My cousin plays with Webkinz she has a bunch also. I got her a reindeer for Christmas which she was really happy with :D

I say that to myself all the time Patti if only I had invented that its so simple but so successful.

RedSoxandPatsfan
02-13-2008, 06:33 PM
My twins are addicted to them especially my dd. My nieces 7 & 4 are also. The neighbors girls have a bunch too.

I remember when the pet rock was a big deal. Now look what were into.:mickey:

RenDuran
02-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Princess has been wanting one forever. I finally got her one for Valentine's Day. I hope she loves it as much as she thinks she will!

terri110874
02-13-2008, 06:54 PM
My son has one and loves it. Just got another to give to him on V-day. Plus got a bunch of the trading cards too

OhGee
02-13-2008, 07:16 PM
My nephews have a quite a few between them. And, I have to admit, I have a few myself. I bought them to be able to visit my nephews and their rooms. They get a kick when I am online and get to visit or play a game. Lately they have lost some interest in visiting the Webkinz site and are spending time playing their Wii games.

terri.m
02-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Princess has a few too. I, i mean, she, really likes playing online with them. :blush:

kakn7294
02-13-2008, 11:07 PM
My girls have them too. I think the youngest has at least 20. I'd love to see a Disney version - wouldn't it be fun to play with your favorite Disney characters in a game that's a combination of VMK and Webkinz?

BTW, my VMK name is Stephmeg but I'm rarely on - if anyone happens to see me, please say hello!!

Blue Genie
02-14-2008, 01:15 AM
I've never hear of them what is it?

kakn7294
02-14-2008, 08:27 AM
I've never hear of them what is it?They are small stuffed animals that come in two sizes - the smaller ones are about the size of Beanie Babies and the larger ones are just a little bigger than that. They come with a tag that has a code inside that gets registered on the Webkinz website and then you can play games to earn "money", decorate a room, and feed and play with your pet in a virtual world. You can interact with your pet and somehow you can interact with your friends when they are online too (not sure how that part works), but it's not like VMK where you walk around amongst the other players.

poohluva
02-14-2008, 11:10 AM
My DD (10) loves them, she'll be getting her tenth one today, the Love Frog!!

Patricia
02-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Oh.. I'm waiting to see how many kids show up with that Love Frog tomorrow. :)

The kids really do enjoy the site because they can accumulate quite a bit of credit in a short time to buy things.

WDWfanatic742
02-14-2008, 11:15 PM
The kids really do enjoy the site because they can accumulate quite a bit of credit in a short time to buy things.

Unlike another game we know :secret:

- Cough Cough -

Patti_C
02-15-2008, 07:40 AM
So, i am a little confused, i am thinking of getting them for my grandaughter for easter, what do you mean by yearly subscription? you can't play them for free? Sorry i am a little out of the loop on these webkinz.

RenDuran
02-15-2008, 10:44 AM
So, i am a little confused, i am thinking of getting them for my grandaughter for easter, what do you mean by yearly subscription? you can't play them for free? Sorry i am a little out of the loop on these webkinz.

The purchase of the webkin gives you a one-year subscription to play with your webkin online. At the end of the year, you can renew your subscription if you want to keep playing with that particular webkin. Or, of course, you could buy another one and start the entire process over.

Patricia
02-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Concerning membership renewals..
From their site:

When you adopt a Webkinz pet, you get to play in Webkinz World for one year. At the end of the year, you can adopt a new pet onto your Webkinz World account. This will renew your account and all the Webkinz pets on it for one more year. Each time you adopt a new Webkinz pet, your account will be extended for a year from the date of adoption. Please note that the years are not cumulative (so, if you adopt a pet on May 2, 2006, your whole account will be renewed until May 2, 2007. The account is only renewed for one year, regardless of how many Webkinz pets you adopt at once).

Marilyn Michetti
02-15-2008, 09:55 PM
I don't play with them, and I don't have anyone to buy them for, BUT, I make porcelain dolls, and the shop where I take classes, can't keep Webkinz on the shelf. They have a subscription list, and when a new toy comes out, the names on the list get priority. It's like not having an ADR for LeCellier. If you're looking for the newest one, and aren't on the list?????????

They're HOT, and I don't see anything bad about them.:D

trackbarroness
02-20-2008, 10:06 AM
A friend of my mom's at work gave her a webkinz at Christmas time. You find out the name of your furry friend by signing on to the web site, which you all know of course. :D
We're going to start taking Curly to the parks and what not and take his/Curly's picture.

5togetherWDW
02-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Last March, my sons NEEDED them. Locally, the site is considered safe / educational -- so the children are allowed to login during indoor recesses / free periods. My boys thought they were the only ones in the world without them. Finding one was real hard back then -- now they seem to be everywhere.

I have to admit, I have a few myself. I bought them to be able to visit my nephews and their rooms. They get a kick when I am online and get to visit or play a game. Lately they have lost some interest in visiting the Webkinz site and are spending time playing their Wii games.

I, too, got one to play with my boys. And, since they got their Wii (Christmas) -- my boys have played much less. Then, they rarely play much VMK lately either -- and we'd all been hooked since the start.

OhGee
02-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Hehe, Sandy. I did that with my monkey, Cheeky when we went in August to WDW. He was spotted all over WDW, smiling for my camera. LOL
Here's a link -
Cheeky's WDW Adventure (http://www.flickr.com/gp/10473848@N05/zWX153)

I bought him little ears (was from a key chain) but sadly I left him home last trip which was about two weeks ago. Don't think he has forgiven me yet.

Patricia
02-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Ok, a kid showed up with a little blue hippo the other day. Has to be my favorite so far, it's adorable.

So, all I want to know is.. at what point is Disney and VMK going to make the "patti" doll available for purchase?

trackbarroness
02-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Perhaps soon to be announce? :D

RenDuran
02-27-2008, 01:03 PM
at what point is Disney and VMK going to make the "patti" doll available for purchase?

I heard they're trying to get the hair just right!