PDA

View Full Version : First Week in June crowds ?

ramftbl
02-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Hello all !! I realize that generally June is a busy time, but will there be a difference during June 2-7 ? I'm hoping that most schools won't be out yet and we may have some luck with some smaller crowds. Thanks to all who respond !!

MPLSguy
02-13-2008, 04:21 PM
The first week in June of this year is the start of the unofficial GAY DAYS celebrations in the Orlando area theme parks. The MK will especially impacted on Sat the 7th which is the "designated" gathering day for everyone, so it will be crowded. :thumbsup:

AuntDJ
02-13-2008, 04:28 PM
A lot of Texas schools will be out at this time...

I will agree that Sat 7th will be packed at the MK and it will be a sea of red shirts (I guess this is a gay day tradition?), but other than the crowd level this event has never impacted my stay. I am usually going the first week of June as that is when we get out of school..We usually arrive on Sat and head for the MK..this year we are arriving on Friday so I am going to stay away from the MK of Friday...strictly because of crowd levels...

Also, Star Wars weekends starts this weekend, so I would expect the Studios to be packed as well.

I always find that it is very hot also, being from Texas I am used to 100% humidity, but it always feels hotter at DW...we use a misting fan, and carry water and it seems to make it tolerable...we also take a midday swim break almost everyday.

Something I also found odd..a couple of years ago I met quite a few families for the New York/New Jersey area who had taken their kids out of school because they thought it would be less busy..they were suprised as a lot of southern schools are out around this time...

My biggest advise is to relax and have fun!

DJ

laprana
02-13-2008, 05:29 PM
We've gone to WDW during this time in June the last 5 years (except 2004) and will be going again this June! We usually get there at the very end of May and stay through the first week in June. We've found that it can be a little crowded, but nothing that isn't manageable. I'm in Illinois and the schools around here are just letting out around the end of May/beginning of June. Some of them let out before Memorial Day. The crowds definitely pick up the farther you get into June, though. We can usually notice a definite increase in crowds from the first day we get there to the day we leave. As long as you make good use of Fast Passes and EMHs, you won't have anything to worry about! The weather definitely is HOT by that time, but again, nothing that isn't manageable. Have a great trip! :mickey:

MOJoe
02-14-2008, 12:54 PM
We went in early June last year. If on a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being able to walk on most attractions and 10 having 60+ minute waits, then i would call it a 6 or 7. Yes it was crowded, but not as crowded as later in the summer. Hot too, but not as hot as July.
This really is a good time to visit, due to the increasing summer heat and humidity, but a lot of people have begun to think likewise. So expect crowds, but not gridlock.

Laughin' place
02-15-2008, 01:57 PM
We are coming from IL also, and will be there 5/31- 6/11. We come as soon as school lets out, and I agree that the crowds are managable and seem to grow a little each day. May I suggest that you lead off with the parks and attractions you want to do most, make a detailed plan for each day, and use those fastpasses. If you are staying on property, the EMH will help, too. Have fun, see you there.
T minus 106 days:party: