PDA

View Full Version : Five in a room

tinxmom
02-13-2008, 10:46 AM
:mickey:I know I have seen other discussions on this, but where can I stay where my family of five can all fit in one room? Info I am finding on WL is very sketchy (my kids are 16,12 and 7). What about the Contemporary?

SBETigg
02-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Five in room works at most deluxes: The Contemporary, The Polynesian, The Grand Floridian, and I believe at the The Beach/Yacht Clubs and Boardwalk. The typical set-up is two queen beds and a day bed. You have larger rooms and a larger bathroom.

Also, one Moderate, Port Orleans Riverside has two double beds and a trundle bed available in the Alligator Bayou section-- but with older kids, space will be tight and I'm not sure they allow five with older kids, only with under twos.

Something else to consider:
Two rooms at a value resort, giving you four double beds and two bathrooms. Or the DVC Villa rooms. Or cabins at Fort Wilderness.

George_22
02-13-2008, 01:14 PM
We are going in 24 days!!!!! And we also have five in a room (kids aged 16, 13, & 9). We originally had a room at the Port Orleans Riverside, but recently changed to the Polynesian Resort. We have stayed at the Contemporary in the past and really liked it too. I am positive that you can not do five in a regular room at the Wilderness Lodge because that was our first choice. Hope this helps!!!

Did I mention we are going in 24 days?!! This will be our first trip on the DDP and we are excited to visit some new places as well as some old reliables. Thanks to all of you who post, it helps me out a ton when planning.

KarenP
02-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Your only choice at Wilderness Lodge for a party of 5 would be the Deluxe Room - Club Level.

diz_girl
02-13-2008, 03:12 PM
I think that Coronado Springs also has a junior suite. But it's $340 per night in Value Season, which is the same as a Garden View Room at the Poly, so you might as well stay at the Poly.

elmjimmlm
02-13-2008, 03:21 PM
The ages of your kids are the same as my brother...We all stay at POR and love it...They have trundle beds in some of the rooms and IMHO there is plenty of room...The way I see it is how much time are you really going to spend in there?...After all, you are in Disney World...:mickey:

WDW24
02-13-2008, 03:37 PM
I think Contempoary would be OK.:thumbsup:

I have stayed there twice in a room with two queens and a puul-out sofa(two adults, two kids).

So, it really depends on what you want. :cloud9: