PDA

View Full Version : Job Interview with Make-A-Wish

bleukarma
02-13-2008, 08:26 AM
Today at 2pm I have an interview for administrative assistant with the Make-A-Wish Foundation. This is an organization that I fully stand behind. The fact that they help send terminally ill kids to Disney World, or any other places they desire, means so much to me. I already know that this job would be a pay cut because they told me what the salary is, but I am still interested. Right now I work as a title examiner in the shaky real estate market and I honestly don’t think that my job will be available for much longer. If I could make a transition to an organization that I believe in then I think that would be wonderful!

I think they responded right away to my resume because I have 5+ years administrative experience and 2 of those years was with another not-for-profit agency. However interviews make me nervous! Everyone cross your fingers that I blow them away and get the job! I think working for Make-A-Wish would be a truly rewarding job and I really hope I get it!

Disneymom4ever
02-13-2008, 08:44 AM
Amber,
I think Make-A-Wish is a wonderful foundation, What a rewarding organization to work for! I believe everyone should do what makes them happy, what a great opportunity for you. It sounds like you are very qualified! Good luck, here's some :pixie::pixie: from NC. Let us know what happens. :mickey:

gauvin4
02-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Pixie dust coming your way. :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: Good luck with your interview!!

ncscgirl2005
02-13-2008, 09:14 AM
Good Luck! You'll do fine! Let us know how it goes.

Hayden's Dad
02-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Pixie dust :pixie: and fingers crossed. Let us know how it goes.

LauraF
02-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Good luck and best wishes for a great interview!

mtown71
02-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Good luck to you!!!! I am sure you will have a great interview!!! Let us know how it goes.

merlinmagic4
02-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Good luck! It is a great organization. I just want to mention that all the kids aren't terminal. Many have what are considered life threatening illnesses that have life sustaining treatments (like kidney transplant).

Anyway, I would love to work with them; my dream job would be a liason between Disney and the wish organizations. Maybe you can work your way there :thumbsup:

murphy1
02-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Yay, Amber!! I hope you get it! You are so nice, they will love you! I still can't believe Disney didn't hire you a few months back, but you know everything happens for a reason. I took a pay cut to $0 to stay home with my kids (I do freelance work though now, so have some coming in, but not like when I was in insurance), but it's been so fulfilling in so many other ways for me to be the CEO of my household! It's amazing how you can be so creative with finances when you need to be, too.

SBETigg
02-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Best wishes! :pixie: May your passion shine through and you get what you want. :pixie:

laprana
02-13-2008, 10:11 AM
:pixie: Best of luck to you!! :pixie:

Disneyatic
02-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Good luck with your interview! :pixie:

Jeff G
02-13-2008, 10:58 AM
That sounds like a great job and an excellent opportunity.

Good luck:pixie:

bleukarma
02-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Well it was really short, so I don't know if it that's a good sign or not. She went over my experience and went over the job duties (which sound exactly what I did at the last not-for-profit I worked at). She said that I have all the qualifications and asked me if I had any questions (I asked why the last person left) and that was that. It was only about 5-10 min. She is going to call back for second interviews next week and I will know either way. I don't think it being so short was good, but I will keep my fingers crossed!

Thanks for all the pixie dust!!