PDA

View Full Version : American Adventure?

sauronthepowerful
02-12-2008, 08:56 PM
This is my first time on these boards so please excuse the rudimentary nature of this. First off I absolutely have to commend and even outright praise the authors of this website. You guys are so dead on with all of your analysis that it's actually scary. Anyway, my question is this. Have they revamped the American Adventure finale (America Spread Your Golden Wings) since August of 2006. All Youtube videos are too convoluted for me to make out the differences. Can anyone tell me if they reeditted this song and if yes, was it done prior or after 8-06. I gotta be honest in that China's revamped presentation (circa 2003) was quite a disappointment to me and I really hope the American Adventure didn't go this route. Anyone who can provide some clarity on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Darbylew
02-12-2008, 09:16 PM
WELCOME TO INTERCOT :rocks::welcome:
I don't have the answer to that question but I
am sure you will get an answer from someone.
When I was there in May I did not see any
changes in the American Adventure at that
time. :mickey:

SgtTigger
02-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT.............

They have changed the pictures only... They just changed the time the picture is shown. Pictures are shown for less time to add the new ones in. They did not do anything to the song it is the same length it was before... This is what I understand.......
With that said I have not seen it since the change to be able to tell if you can notice much.....

:cop: :tigger:

sauronthepowerful
02-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Thank you so much for the quick response. I had heard that they dropped the pictures of the Miracle on Ice victory over the USSR and the song supposedly has some alterations to the harmonies. Can anyone confirm this or give me a date as to the revamping? Thanks again

Scar
02-12-2008, 11:00 PM
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=109151&highlight=American+Adventure

ILoveLegos
02-12-2008, 11:13 PM
The difference in harmonies is true and it does a little "pre-crescendo" to the original song crescendo which accomades some new historical figures like Tiger Woods and Muhammad Ali with the torch at the 1996 Olympics among others. I saw the AA just before and then just after the update - it just modernizes the "heros" with some new people. I've seen the new version like 4 times, but didn't video tape it, so as I mull it over in my "non-photographic memory", I don't think Elvis shakes his hips as many times but I could have sworn that the "Miracle on Ice" was still in it, if not it is indelibly etched in my mind and memory. With the crescendos, the added harmonies and some slightly shorter screen times (for a few honorees) it all blends harmoniously together in a way to make most people think those nuances were always there. The update is not blaringly different, just a nice addition for the trained eye and ear.

gauvin4
02-13-2008, 07:57 AM
I saw the American Adventure in Dec 2007 and I am almost positive that the "Miracle on Ice" was still in the show.

mdearmas
02-13-2008, 08:24 AM
This is my first time on these boards so please excuse the rudimentary nature of this.

:welcome:

Anytime the word rudimentary is used properly I am impressed. LOL

:goofy:

sauronthepowerful
02-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Thank you for the fireworks and complementary 'Goofy.' I could not have asked for a better welcome.

sauronthepowerful
02-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Thank you all for the quick responses. I guess my next question is whether or not the fade-ins and outs of this part of the show are still as moving as the original or whether they are too sped up. Please excuse the obsessiveness of this, but this is definately the highlight of my Disney vacations and I'm a little obstinate when it comes to change.....

ILoveLegos
02-14-2008, 10:38 AM
It's still very moving - particularly seeing the raising of the flag at ground zero 9-11 and for some reason seeing Kermit the Frog and Ryan White choke me up every time. The speed of the picture montage it will not dissapoint you, Elvis' hip shake was off a bit - not exactly times with the phrase "new front-iers" - used to shake "left-right-left". I guess dancing like that was a new frontier in his day - not sure I wasn't born yet! :blush:
Enjoy the show!

dumbo_buddy
02-14-2008, 04:44 PM
i wonder if many people under the age of, say, 25 even know who ryan white is? last year when DH and I were there, i mentioned how the ryan white part really got me welled up and he didn't really rememeber him (he's 37!). sad.

ILoveLegos
02-15-2008, 08:22 PM
i wonder if many people under the age of, say, 25 even know who ryan white is? last year when DH and I were there, i mentioned how the ryan white part really got me welled up and he didn't really rememeber him (he's 37!). sad.

I know, I'm 37 too :blush: most of my friends have no memory of Ryan White either. I go thru the whole spiel saying, "remember he and his younger brothers were all hemophiliacs and they contracted AIDS in their treatments. Celebrities like Elton John and I think Michael Jackson befriended him and then when he died they attended his funeral and Elton changed the words of his song for him in his memory". In response, I usually get a "blank stare..." :(

sauronthepowerful
02-16-2008, 04:07 AM
I know exactly how you feel. When I saw Ryan White in the montage the past couple of times I really welled up. I would say White, Disney being tinked, and JFK are the real emotional highpoints for me (haven't seen the revamped ground zero yet). My whole worry with this was that they were going to throw off the emotional balance of this by revamping what was already a pretty perfect attraction. Like I said in my original post, I thought China's revision was horrible (if anything can indeed be said to be horrible in Disney) compared to the original. Li Bai's whole narrative was terribly waterred-down and cut up by the earlier remodel. Again, thank you for all of your responses.....

sauronthepowerful
02-16-2008, 04:26 AM
I did a little research so here's my list of questions, if anyone can induldge me? Are the following still in the 'new' version of the American Adventure finale:

1) Mary Lou Retton
2) The Challenger 7 astronauts boarding the shuttle
3) The miracle on ice
4) The firebombing war footage
5) Billy Jean King