PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare

laguna
02-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Hi--
We have an ADR at 1900 Park Fare. Please give me any reviews of this restaurant! Also, what is the buffet selection like? Thanks for any information!!

KAT1811
02-12-2008, 08:52 PM
I'll start by saying that I do not care for buffets. Now that I got that out tof the way I really enjoy 1900 Park Fare. They have a great salad area, a few soups, carved meats, a variety of sides, a pasta station (at least they did the last time I was there), a kids station (low to the ground so they can serve themselves, so cute) with chicken nuggets, mac & chesse, etc. For dessert they have a few different cakes and pastries and, my favorite dessert, the soft serve ice cream bar with a variety of toppings. It is laid back and nice, we've had good character interaction when we have been there, Cinderella and her troup. (I really miss the villians theme) I would not be too worried about trying it. We liked it. Good luck.

MinnieMommie
02-12-2008, 09:03 PM
I think 1900 Park Fare has really good quality food. The breakfast buffet is one of my favorites. Love the cheeze blintzes. If you check above on info central you can click onto the menues. :mickey:

Young@Heart
02-12-2008, 11:37 PM
1900 Park Fare is by far our favorite TS meal, buffet or not! We love the food selections. DH said their prime rib is the best around. :thumbsup: Out of 5 of us, 3 are very picky eaters (I'm guilty :blush:) and we all found something we loved.
DD loved the characters, but I read that Suzy and Perla are no longer there. :( However, Cinderella and Prince Charming are still there, and the atmosphere is wonderful!
I'm sure you'll enjoy your meal! :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
02-13-2008, 11:29 AM
We were just talking about our dining while at WDW and 1900 Park Fare was voted the worse meal we had with the worst character inter-action. We will not be going back there again.
Prince Charming was a dud and Cinderella was whiney. The wicked step-mother and ulgy step-sisters were a hoot though, but not worth going just to see them.
Those voting were adults aged 68, 64, 44, and 37, a boy 12 and a girl 10. My DGD had gone to Bibbity Bobbity Boutique that afternoon just for her visit with Cinderella and she still voted that she never wants to back to 1900 again. She danced with the Prince and Cinderella and said they weren't very friendly and didn't dance very good.

DisneyGiant
02-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Funny this thread should pop up here now.

We're planning our ADRs for August, and thought we'd try this restaurant.

I'm interested if there is more food reviews - especially dinner. :chef:

Thanks!!!!!!

Jared
02-13-2008, 02:08 PM
What meal do you want to know about? I've only had dinner at 1900 Park Fare and had a relatively good experience, especially for a popular character buffet. I thought it was a little quieter and less crazy than the mega buffets at Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace, and the food quality reflects that.

It's still a buffet, and not a great one like Boma and Cape May Cafe, but it's definitely serviceable if you're looking for a character meal.

poeticeclipse
02-13-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure if you were wondering about dinner or breakfast.

I've only had 1900 Park Fare's breakfast and I loved it both times.

I've had breakfast at Crystal Palace as well and 1900 Park Fare is way better in my opinion. I love the Alice in Wonderland AND Pooh and Friends characters that are at 1900 Park Fare. Oh yeah, Mary Poppins too! Mad Hatter is always hilarious and fun to mess around with. The strawberry soup is to die for. They also have the create your own omlett station. Yummy!! Plus, it's a lot quieter (in my opinion) than Crystal Palace.

mousehappy
02-13-2008, 02:45 PM
I agree, this is one of the better buffets served in disney.I don't normally do them but it was a great way to see some of the characters.We saw marry poppins in the reception area ,suzi and perla, cinderella and prince charming. We went on a trip 6 months later and saw alice and wonderland characters. Great place for autographs!!!:mickey:

pox24
02-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Fabulous:thumbsup:

5fromabove
02-13-2008, 05:20 PM
We were just talking about our dining while at WDW and 1900 Park Fare was voted the worse meal we had with the worst character inter-action. We will not be going back there again.

I have to agree, guess we're in the minority here :blush: We thought the characters were horrible. Prince Charming was okay, but other than that...wow...what a disappointment. The two step-sisters were beyond obnoxious, gave us headaches. The food was also sub-par at best. I honestly think the lunches at our kids schools are better. The ice-cream sundaes were fun though, but otherwise not worth the money. We definitely will not return.
However, maybe we were there on an off-night because it sounds like other people seem to enjoy it. Have a great trip! :)

jpH/keD
02-13-2008, 06:03 PM
We went in Nov 07 and we had a party of 11. That includes a grandma, 2 sets of parents, 1 single adult, 2 teenagers- boy 17, girl 18 & 3 kids boy 9, girl 6, boy 4 . We all loved the characters. Cindy could have stayed longer but everyone else was wonderful and sooo funny! We were sad the mice and the Fairy godmother were gone but ....

We liked the food ok. We went for dinner. The buffet was always well stocked and fairly fresh. The cold strawberry soup on the salad bar was one thing I had read about and was looking forward to trying. It was good! I didn't have 2nds but it was very different and refreshing. I liked the carving stations and the pasta was great! The kids area was great. The perfect size for them to see everything.

If you have never gone I would have no problems recommending this for you. We would go back happily!